cabover expeditor?

Bugsy Siegel

Seasoned Expediter
>Just don't get it, do ya Bugsy???

Really the only thing I don't get is why people enjoy starting arguements with folks they don't even know. It seems to be more prevelant in this forum than in others, even a mod got in on the action last time.

I guess I'm just lucky, people think they are much more than they actually are online, and I humor them.

The best part is when they don't even realize that I'm making fun of them.

Brilliant.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
We delivered at Freightliner in NC last year and they had probably a hundred new Argosys sitting and ready to go. Maybe they were for shipment to Europe?

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The argosy is still available by special order for 2007. I heard but not been able to confirm that the cabs are built over in a plant in Europe and shipped here for assembly. This is the only question I have not had answered about the truck. The cab drawings I got my hands on is in euro size paper.

Also don’t’ forget that if you are looking for a flat floor COE without an age concern, look at a 98/99 international 9800.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
We also run a 9800 International. It was designed, it seems, to be a "fleet" type truck, compared to the Argosy. Just don't have the amenites that the Argosy does. My vote goes to the freightshaker as I compare them.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you see as a ugly truck, I see as the most profitable thing short of a t/t. Keep reading, bam... we'll eventually force some knowledge of the industry into your cranium ;)

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
couldn't you take that cabover straight truck with larger box and put decking in it and haul some lightweight loads that might otherwise be considered a t/t load?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
What you are asking Ark, is a normal occurance for us. Decking allows us 60 foot of cargo space, and the quad axle allows a 66K Gross and a net of 40K if we need it. Not too small a load, eh?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
What you are asking Ark, is a normal occurance for us. Decking allows us 60 foot of cargo space, and the quad axle allows a 66K Gross and a net of 40K if we need it. Not too small a load, eh?
======================================================
Wow, imagine that. And I thought we were the only ones that did that.:7

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I mentioned that awhile ago, but with permanent decking that fold up and attaches to both walls. I drove a truck like that, and it's a lot more stable than using loadbars and straps; not to mention much easier.