C19 Topics

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oops to what? Are you saying he is lying? He gathered results based on the patients he and his affiliates treated. Hippa laws may apply in preventing release of more information about individual cases.
His claims are unproven.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Snopes cleverly reframed Zelenko's real-time anecdotal experience as a flawed and incomplete study with no supporting data. "His claims are unproven" simply means it wasn't part of a controlled clinical trial. It's 100% accurate to say that his results and conclusions are not scientifically based. That doesn't mean they aren't valid or true.

The Governor of NY ordered, I dunno, what was it, like a million doses of the drug to be used for this exact purpose, not for clinical study, but for real world application. There are many similar anecdotal results from other doctors here in the US and around the world. There are countless doctors, nurses and other front line workers who are taking hydroxychloroquine and zinc as a preventative. My doctor at home said everybody he knows at the hospital is taking it. And that's at a small hospital in a county with just 46 confirmed cases, 1 death, 39 are fully recovered, and 4 current hospitalizations.

I like how Snopes points out that how zinc's role in all this is not yet well understood. As if that's bad or something. That's what clinical studies are for. In the meantime, if zinc works, you keep using it.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
It would be great if they discovered that hydroxochliroquine along with zinc works as a profalaxis. Healthcare workers are taking it, hopefully with zinc, in a study with Henry Ford hospital here in Detroit.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Curious whether taking zinc with tonic water( and food?) would be effective. It has quinine in it but at a much lower dose.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you Google "tonic water and zinc", the overwhelming concensus is no. Common sense (whatever that means) tells me it wouldn't. A clinical dose of quinine is something like 800mg every 8 hours, and a liter of tonic water has about 80mg in it.

On the other hand, I know two people who swear by tonic water to prevent leg cramps. Quinine for me is like codeine for most people in that it makes me nauseated (although codeine doesn't doesn't do that to me). But I use Hyland's Leg Cramps PM, which has quinine in it, and (to my amazement every time) it will get rid of leg cramps in a few short minutes.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump doesn't wear his super dooper coronamask with the Presidential Seal in front of cameras while at the Ford plant in Michigan. The Michigan AG is spittin' bubbles mad (which is probably why Trump didn't wear it).

He was the only one in the building not wearing a mask, which is ultra low risk for everybody, and he's on hydroxychloroquine. And, he's Trump.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For the record, I think Trump should wear a mask.
And it should be orange
trumpcorona.jpeg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From the NYC data.

In the hardest hit area of the country the death rate is 1.04% (98.6% recovered) The medical system didn't collapse or get overwhelmed. Addition beds, equipment, field hospitals went unused.
Is it still bad? Of course, all loss of life is. But definitely not as bad as it was looking or made out to be. Personally, I think it's past time to get this country going again...with or without a mask.

Infection Fatality Rate (23k / 1.7M = 1.4% IFR)
Actual Cases with an outcome as of May 1 = estimated actual recovered (1,671,351) + estimated actual deaths (23,430) = 1,694,781.

Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) = Deaths / Cases = 23,430 / 1,694,781 = 1.4% (1.4% of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 have a fatal outcome, while 98.6% recover).

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Does anybody drink beet juice? I heard it is good for blood circulation. Might be something to drink as a regimen to keep oxygen levels at their optimum. Been using it for a few years now.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anybody drink beet juice? I heard it is good for blood circulation. Might be something to drink as a regimen to keep oxygen levels at their optimum. Been using it for a few years now.

I was drinking raw beet juice for a while, not my favorite drink. Definitely a acquired taste. I was into coconut milk for a while, mixed with the beet juice that was pretty good to me. Although, the superbeat type products taste really good, I didn't like added ingredients.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Generally speaking, I try to avoid drinking vegetables (V-8 is a guilty pleasure, tho). Mainly because the missing fiber is what helps the body incorporate the nutrients. However, when I'm at home, I'll whole foods it up with my Vitamix, which keeps the fiber in the drink.

Reactions: RoadTime

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
View attachment 20085

This is what the Governor's signer thinks of her.

Ok, this is one of my pet peeves, I understand that deaf people need to know what is going on, but are there any of the reporters at that press briefing deaf? Anyone watching at home is watching on a TV that has the ability to turn on captions for the deaf, is there really any need for that person to stand there and sign what the person is saying?

Am I missing something????

By the way that is pretty funny for them to catch that at that particular moment, wonder what she is actually signing.

Reactions: RoadTime