Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And these little trees

littletrees_com_20120814_154636.jpg

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reviving a dead thread with wonderful information.

Has anything changed for 2019?

Yes, Espar is the best. I don’t have the cabbage for it.

Are any of you still running your Buddy Heater with 20 galling propane tank? I don’t want to idle my vehicle at night anymore.

Reactions: ntimevan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't speak to the heater but I had a FF about 18 inches behind the back of the seats in the centerline of the van. When I didn't have cargo I slept with my head directly beneath it. Having that air blowing directly on my head and face made a huge difference in comfort during warmer weather.

Reactions: Solar

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's the fan. I had Sportsmobile in Austin, TX. prep my van for me. Across from the sliding door they installed a window about 20"h x 30"w. The bottom 6-7 inches opened up and out like an awning. I could open it regardless of the weather. The FF had a cowl over it so it could be open any time regardless of the weather and left open when driving if desired. At night I'd open the awning window an inch or two and have the fan blowing outside air full strength into the van. It made a huge difference in being comfortable against the heat. I had a generator and roof A/C for when it was really hot but I ran it a whole lot fewer hours with that fan setup.