Broke down in Lexington Ky

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Picked up load Grand Rapids Mi going to Gainesville Ga on way lost power while doing 70 mph on I 75 Lexington Ky about 1am this morning got to the shoulder before the engine completely shut down couldnt restart open hood to the smell of fuel a local cop came by to check on me and gave me phone number and name of wrecker service and that only place he knew of that worked on Sprinter was a Dodge dealer in town so wrecker showed up about 4 am and towed me to the dealer then had to wait til 7 30 am for dealer to open while waiting made calls to get some one to rescue my load (sucks was good paying load) turns out the fuel press regulator went bad and have to have it sent overnight from Cleveland so here I sit in a motel cant seem to win this month oh well whats the saying sh//t happens and life goes on think I will run away to the south away from the cold and snow for christmas when the Sprinter is ready tomorrow

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If it's any consolation, Freedom Dodge is really good, even if they won't give you a price break on the parts. The Sprinter techs there really know their stuff. And they're honest.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Picked up load Grand Rapids Mi going to Gainesville Ga on way lost power while doing 70 mph on I 75 Lexington Ky about 1am this morning got to the shoulder before the engine completely shut down couldnt restart open hood to the smell of fuel a local cop came by to check on me and gave me phone number and name of wrecker service and that only place he knew of that worked on Sprinter was a Dodge dealer in town so wrecker showed up about 4 am and towed me to the dealer then had to wait til 7 30 am for dealer to open while waiting made calls to get some one to rescue my load (sucks was good paying load) turns out the fuel press regulator went bad and have to have it sent overnight from Cleveland so here I sit in a motel cant seem to win this month oh well whats the saying sh//t happens and life goes on think I will run away to the south away from the cold and snow for christmas when the Sprinter is ready tomorrow
Bobster... let me know if you need anything. I live 10 miles south of Lexington.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Bobster... let me know if you need anything. I live 10 miles south of Lexington.

Ok thanks the dealer has a shuttle so got ride from them to a motel 6 had dinner at the Bob Evans now watching the Navy football game GO Navy

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Looks like I am stuck in Lexington for Christmas, for some reason the part the dealer said would come overnight from the parts depot in Cleveland Oh didnt make it so now they say it will be here Monday I can think of other places that would be worse and other places that I would prefer to be stuck. They are calling for snow possibly 4 inches here

MSinger

Expert Expediter
They must have shipped your part in a Sprinter and it broke down somewhere between Cleveland and Lexington...LOL. Good luck and try to have a Merry Christmas.

quickpickup1

Seasoned Expediter
Autozone,Advanced,Pep Boys and even Napa are throw away parts good if your going to sell your truck.I actually had a Autozone alternator catch on fire!!!:eek:.Icurrently run AC Delco and usually get 60-100k out of one.I always keep a extra one on hand,same with the belts and pulleys.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Well more good news from the dealer due to the snow storm the parts truck from Cleveland did not make it to Lexington so now it might get here late tonight or early tomorrow

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Well more good news from the dealer due to the snow storm the parts truck from Cleveland did not make it to Lexington so now it might get here late tonight or early tomorrow

I would like to buy a sprinter someday,,but u all scare me with all this no parts in stock business,,not ur fault,,though.

ds1450

Expert Expediter
Yup, gotta love those Sprinters. Tough enough to make money expediting, but expediting with a Sprinter??? Stick to American Iron. It's good for you and it's good for your country!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I drive a rag tag 3500 ram van lead sled, the only things holding it together is the faded paint and road dust. Yes have had one tranny and computer failure,,and that took 2 days to get me running again 3000 bucks total, not a month like the sprinters seem to take when the parts are not in stock.

I have had the opportunity to ride in a few sprinters, and I was spoiled, like a kid in a candy shop, I do want one,,but I really like sleeping at night better. oh,,and money in my pocket too.:D

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup, gotta love those Sprinters. Tough enough to make money expediting, but expediting with a Sprinter??? Stick to American Iron. It's good for you and it's good for your country!

On average my bet says sprinters earn more revenue than a cargo van. When set up right you will always have more loads available to a sprinter than a cargo van. The comfort level also makes it easier to stay out for longer periods of time earning more money.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone who buys a 2010 or just plain new one is a fool...at least for now...IF and that is IF i were to buy I'd wait till at least 2012...my 05 has NO PROBLEM getting parts at a reasonable price...so as far as an American tuna van....it's everyones own choices...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Regardless, not every dealer stocks every part for their vehicles. Dodge is known for being late to stock a lot of parts, even for their popular junk ... opps I mean cars.

Sky, I can't see spending 3k on a tranny and a computer for that van. With the amount of them in the junkyards, I can see maybe 1000 tops. :p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Regardless, not every dealer stocks every part for their vehicles. Dodge is known for being late to stock a lot of parts, even for their popular junk ... opps I mean cars.

Sky, I can't see spending 3k on a tranny and a computer for that van. With the amount of them in the junkyards, I can see maybe 1000 tops. :p

In my case it is either in stock or next day delivery...I was expect an over night stay when I go in..unless I am at home and can phone in my order and it will be there when I get there...that is why PM is so important...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

i agree on 1000 dollars tops, but i wanted everything new at least in this business for now with some sort of warranty at the time.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
After 5 days (they closed for the holiday Sat and Sun) and $800 out of the dealer and back on the road I am spoiled by the room this Sprinter has I can stand up and walk from the front to the rear doors and more cargo oppurtunities so no I would not trade down to a smaller American van

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
How many of u all are owner operators with all the joys of making payments,paying for ur repairs, and other wonderfull things that go with an o/o?:D me,,im an o/o

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
We are :D

Thankfully no payments - for the van's that is, repairs are another kettle of fish (or should that be can of worms here in the US) :p

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
We are :D

Thankfully no payments - for the van's that is, repairs are another kettle of fish (or should that be can of worms here in the US) :p

we must be the only 2 o/o in the USA, or no one wants to admit they are o/o. maybe they are just busy at the moment.:D