Broke down in Lexington Ky

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nope not at all

observation of the crowd mentality at work ... "I drive for someone else, and I'm proud of it!"

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actually not really all van drivers, there are a number of straight truck drivers who seem to be very proud of that fact - but the van's dudes seem to be prevalent on the subject.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually not really all van drivers, there are a number of straight truck drivers who seem to be very proud of that fact - but the van's dudes seem to be prevalent on the subject.

I think I see where you are headed...you don't want casual drivers in the business..if one is committed to this, they should make the investment and own their own...??

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Well it seems to me that if you like what your doing and happy then more power to the ones that are proud of driving for someone else. As for me yes I drive for someone else because I wanted to check this out before I make the investment, you know learn what expediting is like , learn the ropes so to speak, etc now that I have been doing this for over a year I am now working on making the investment to get my own Sprinter

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I think I see where you are headed...you don't want casual drivers in the business..if one is committed to this, they should make the investment and own their own...??

The same could be said of vans, and their owners being not up to the task of driving a straight, due to their not wanting to log, etc.

Some people just don't want the expense/work involved with owning their own truck. At times, I agree with them.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The same could be said of vans, and their owners being not up to the task of driving a straight, due to their not wanting to log, etc.

Some people just don't want the expense/work involved with owning their own truck. At times, I agree with them.

Now i can understand that,,somedays or months,,a breakdown can get real exciting in ur wallet..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Exactly.
I don't want the headaches of ownership, or those of driving t/t, because I've done both, and learned what I'm not good at, in the process.
I believe in doing the job to the very best of one's ability, and in not being blindly stupid about one's own abilities, as well.
Does that make me a 'casual driver'?
Don't think so.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly.
I don't want the headaches of ownership, or those of driving t/t, because I've done both, and learned what I'm not good at, in the process.
I believe in doing the job to the very best of one's ability, and in not being blindly stupid about one's own abilities, as well.
Does that make me a 'casual driver'?
Don't think so.

Maybe " recreational driver" would have been a better choice?:p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Maybe " recreational driver" would have been a better choice?:p

Keeping your mouth shut would have been a better choice - but you can't, and I can't either, and on that note, [as my favorite auntie says] suck it up, cupcake, no changes planned for 2011:p
Happy New Year, to you and yours. :D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Keeping your mouth shut would have been a better choice - but you can't, and I can't either, and on that note, [as my favorite auntie says] suck it up, cupcake, no changes planned for 2011:p

roflmao,,,now thats funny

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

One NetNanny we already have is enough...:p

rottie3007

Seasoned Expediter
:eek:yes larrybob....preventative maintenance!!!!!you know what that is???? lets not discuss the driveshaft, am i correct????hahaha, youll learn.....:mad::mad:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I would also like to have a Sprinter, it's the parts thing I hear from an awful lot of operators, especially the 10&11 model. For me buy slightly used, wear it out buy another one, pay cash, then you can sit in a motel and not worry about payments.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I would also like to have a Sprinter, it's the parts thing I hear from an awful lot of operators, especially the 10&11 model. For me buy slightly used, wear it out buy another one, pay cash, then you can sit in a motel and not worry about payments.

what is slightly used,,,50k,75k,150k miles, but u have a point.