bracing for 1st snowstorm of the season

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
AAAHHH, LMOA!!!!, now that's funny right there!!!

Glad I could lighten up your evening for you! :D

Every season presents is "challenges" to us expediters. My first cargo box got eaten (totaled) by a hurricane. This one got "hammered" by tennis ball size hail this past spring. Snow and ice can bite you on the rump and a tornado can rip you a new one! Weather causes ALMOST as many problems has idiot drivers do.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Glad I could lighten up your evening for you! :D

Every season presents is "challenges" to us expediters. My first cargo box got eaten (totaled) by a hurricane. This one got "hammered" by tennis ball size hail this past spring. Snow and ice can bite you on the rump and a tornado can rip you a new one! Weather causes ALMOST as many problems has idiot drivers do.

Its unfortunate that that's happened to ya'll, but the way you describe your misfortune is hilarious!! LOL

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Layoutshooter; Thank you, stayed up til around midnight to watch the news again and see if there were any updates. No updates as of yet, everythings unchanged. Still not able to go in the truckstop, no bathroom previledges anywhere around here and unfortunately because our lower intake turbo and DPF are fried, we can't go anywhere either. It could be worse though. How are things where ya'll are at?

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
aefc34a5-482b-0b9a.jpg

Beautiful morning here in Connecticut. Power out all around us, but the TA made it through without losing it overnight. Restaurant is crowded this morning.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layoutshooter; Thank you, stayed up til around midnight to watch the news again and see if there were any updates. No updates as of yet, everythings unchanged. Still not able to go in the truckstop, no bathroom previledges anywhere around here and unfortunately because our lower intake turbo and DPF are fried, we can't go anywhere either. It could be worse though. How are things where ya'll are at?

Everything here is hunkydory!! Mrs. Layoutshooter is cooking oatmeal. I am working on my first cup of coffee. It is sunny and 42 outside. They are calling for rain tomorrow. Our ONLY problem right now is BOREDOM!! There is just so little to do. At least we are not broke down. I know that feeling.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Jimby82; good to see ya'll are ok as well. Your place looks about like ours.
Layoutshooter; we took our coffee pot out a couple months ago and didn't expect to run in to this issue til next month. Lesson learned!! No starbucks close by either.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Breaking news flash; power has ben restored but the truckstops won't be opening or unlocking the doors til they are certain that this isn't temporary and that all systems have been restored!! Glimmers of hope, please don't vanish!! LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Jimby82; good to see ya'll are ok as well. Your place looks about like ours.
Layoutshooter; we took our coffee pot out a couple months ago and didn't expect to run in to this issue til next month. Lesson learned!! No starbucks close by either.

NO COFFEE???!!!?? :eek: Things are FAR worse than I thought they were!!!

We have a coffee pot, electric skillet, Rocket Grill and a George Foreman Smart Kitchen Multicooker in the truck. Along with our microwave. We make coffee in the truck as often as we can. It is far cheaper than buying it out on the road.

NO COFFEE?? Maybe you can get the PA National Guard to airlift some in for you! No coffee is a MAJOR emergency!!

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
NO COFFEE???!!!?? :eek: Things are FAR worse than I thought they were!!!

We have a coffee pot, electric skillet, Rocket Grill and a George Foreman Smart Kitchen Multicooker in the truck. Along with our microwave. We make coffee in the truck as often as we can. It is far cheaper than buying it out on the road.

NO COFFEE?? Maybe you can get the PA National Guard to airlift some in for you! No coffee is a MAJOR emergency!!

LOLOLOLOL!! You have both of us BUSTING at the seems on that one!! Our coffee pot candelier broke and it cost almost as much as a whole new one so we decided to take it out of here and buy a new BUNN on "black friday." In truth, I USE to drink 9 (NINE) pots of coffee a day in the winter and 5 pots (YES POTS, not cups) in the summer, EVERY DAY, since I started driving an 18 wheeler about 12 1/2 years ago! Since my better half come out on the road with me 2 1/2 yrs ago, she has gotten me down to 2 24 oz cups a day. BTW, did I mention I used TEN POUNDS of sugar a week!! Which she got me down to 4 packets per 24 oz cup!! Big difference! But we do have a Buffet style crock pot, a slow roaster, a microwave and a conventional toaster oven large enough to accomodate a 15 lb ham or turkey, a 16" pizza and bakes fish, steak, 10 porckchops, ect.. But a george foreman "ultimate grill?" Hmmm, I think I am gonna check on that one!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are using a Hamilton Beach "Brew Station". It does not have a carafe to break. It keeps the coffee hot for 2 hours after it brews. We have had very little mess with this one. Nice not to worry about breaking a carafe. We will often run a cup or two of just plain water through before we make the coffee. This warms the holding pot and then we use that water to pre-warm our cups. That way the coffee is not being cooled by a cold metal cup.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
That's a good idea as well. Ours fell over and broke because I forgot it was still sitting on the table, got excited about a "getaway" we were going on while we were down and forgot about it.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Over 120000 people still without power here, entire church (circa 1800's) starting to collapse from weight of snow. We got approximately 9 1/2" of snow in less than 10 hours.