bracing for 1st snowstorm of the season

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
I used the EO droid (android) app on my phone to upload those last pics. It works easier than trying to attach a photo. You can insert pics directly from the gallery on your phone.

Also, if you put the photo in you album here on EO, you can look at the picture in the album, copy the BB Code (near the bottom of the page) and insert than into the post. I am sure there are other (better) ways of doing it, but this works.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
aefc2170-4442-b889.jpg

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
I used the EO droid (android) app on my phone to upload those last pics. It works easier than trying to attach a photo. You can insert pics directly from the gallery on your phone.

Also, if you put the photo in you album here on EO, you can look at the picture in the album, copy the BB Code (near the bottom of the page) and insert than into the post. I am sure there are other (better) ways of doing it, but this works.

Thank you for all the tips. I like your android much better than my Blackberry!! We are upgrading to the droid our next hometime in mid November!!

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
The snow was appearing to taper off, but has increased in intensity and seems to be getting worse than it was this morning and the temp is still dropping! I see more and more trucks coming in to park, so it must be getting worse on the interstate.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
BREAKING NEWS; channel 4 News here in Harrisburg, Pa says hundreds now without power and crews are diligently working to repair all the down power lines from trees breaking and snapping the power lines!!!

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
SECOND BREAKING NEWS STORY: harrisburg, Pa; Channel 4 News: PA DOT is now advising ALL motorist to stay off the roadway and only travel IF NECESSARY!! Due to several downed TREES AND POWER LINES!! The road crews are trying to clear the roadways of snow and downed trees and power lines.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Visibility is down to about 1/16 of a mile, sitting still!! Increasing in size and intensity, getting about an inch of snow more, in less than 30 minutes. Heavy, wet snow!!

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
AND DEEPER!!drivers on the CB are saying their truck motors are starting to get hot so they have to stop to clean out their grills and that some roads are closing because the plows can't keep up. Others are parking because of it.North%20Londonderry-20111029-00230.jpg

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
LOL! How is it where your at IRT?
Well Drove out NY and NJ the day before yesteday and it was Snowing. When a Realy Good Load Canx on me I Promised for this the North eastern Sector would get SNOW. I also promised the Farmers Amanac would be right and all the snow ya usualy get in Jan and FEB would be in Last of OCt and NOV AND DEC. Forget the Big beef up thats said to be going on at Companies, Best save your money. The christmas rush your counting on will not happen and all the extra hires you doing need to rethink. 2012 is an election year People tend to hold tight to what they have. Never Cheat or steal from a Lepercon.
Its Sunny right now. Spread the Wealth its the right thing to do.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
WOW that's awesome, jimby82. We are out of power at all the truckstops here and no idea of when the crews will have it back on.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Well Drove out NY and NJ the day before yesteday and it was Snowing. When a Realy Good Load Canx on me I Promised for this the North eastern Sector would get SNOW. I also promised the Farmers Amanac would be right and all the snow ya usualy get in Jan and FEB would be in Last of OCt and NOV AND DEC. Forget the Big beef up thats said to be going on at Companies, Best save your money. The christmas rush your counting on will not happen and all the extra hires you doing need to rethink. 2012 is an election year People tend to hold tight to what they have. Never Cheat or steal from a Lepercon.
Its Sunny right now. Spread the Wealth its the right thing to do.

Obviously you've been right so far, hopefully we will get something for X-mas BESIDES SNOW, like a BONUS?! LOL

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Sure am glad I'm missing the first snow storm of the year.
I just came in from washing my truck in shorts and a t shirt.
It is getting cold here in North Florida too. Already down to 68 and may drop as low as 45.