Boycott the NFL

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I do believe Mr Shooter is ignoring my request for an explanation of his comments. Bad idea.
Ironic, given that about 80% of his 28000+ [!] posts are about what everyone from public officials to the kid next door SHOULD DO! but when his own behavior is questioned? Silence.
Doubly ironic, in that a few years ago, someone posted negative stuff about him, [that probably wasn't even true], and he was all about SLANDER! and DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER!! and DAMAGE TO PROFESSIONAL REPUTATION!!! Total meltdown.
Now, the shoe's on the other foot, and he's got nothing to say for himself.
I'm not surprised - just amazed that he thinks it's ok to refuse to explain what he posted about me. [#292] It's not ok - it's smarmy. And cowardly.

Ohhhh, Missy, I see moving to a big truck and getting a few miles under your belt with a good Carrier has made you a little knarly. iso's and other recognitions are basicly very little more than advertised (over) procedures for processes or actions. Nothing more or less than the good old Military SOP's, just simply a two-bit word for Standing Operating Procedure, (who is gonna do what to who). IMHO all JIT did was convert brick and mortar to trucks for warehousing. Not too sure with the cost of equipment these days that it was a good thing. anyways, it's raining on and off in Antigua today and i'm bored. So........y'all have at it again. Where ya at Layout???

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ohhhh, Missy, I see moving to a big truck and getting a few miles under your belt with a good Carrier has made you a little knarly. iso's and other recognitions are basicly very little more than advertised (over) procedures for processes or actions. Nothing more or less than the good old Military SOP's, just simply a two-bit word for Standing Operating Procedure, (who is gonna do what to who). IMHO all JIT did was convert brick and mortar to trucks for warehousing. Not too sure with the cost of equipment these days that it was a good thing. anyways, it's raining on and off in Antigua today and i'm bored. So........y'all have at it again. Where ya at Layout???

Actually, the s/t is a downsize - I drove t/t first.
JIT is not what Deming's system was about - that's just one misconception that was expounded upon already. Deming's system was about producing highest quality [whatever the product] every single time, without wasted time, money, or motions. That was a novel concept to the Big 3, back in the day. They're probably about halfway on board now.;)

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Why does it matter what size truck you drive or who drive for anyway? I was in a t/t, then a s/t, then my own t/t, now in a company t/t. All that matters is that you're happy and taking care of who/what you need to take care of.

Sent from my XT1058 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I agree that it doesn't matter what size you drive, but some seem to think that 4 wheels isn't a "real" driver. I left out that I also drove a cargo van, so I know better.
I disagree about who you drive for, though, because that matters. A lot.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
You missed my point on that so I'll reword it. Why should it matter to anyone else who you drive for? I drive for a decent sized t/t company out of Louisiana and love it. Get home 3 weekends a month minimum, and make decent money. I'm happy with it and so is my wife and son. That's all that matters to me.

Sent from my XT1058 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Now that you clarified, I agree, it shouldn't matter - to anyone else. But you know how people are: if you drive for Swift, you're dumb & inexperienced, JB Hunt: you're a traitor, FedEx, you're 'stuck up', etc. It's all malarkey, but that's what some people "know".

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Actually, the s/t is a downsize - I drove t/t first.
JIT is not what Deming's system was about - that's just one misconception that was expounded upon already. Deming's system was about producing highest quality [whatever the product] every single time, without wasted time, money, or motions. That was a novel concept to the Big 3, back in the day. They're probably about halfway on board now.;)

+1 Not knowing who you folks were talking about I googled Deming a few weeks ago and found this Wikipedia page. Interesting read btw.

W. Edwards Deming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia