Bolt

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No recruiters don't outright lie....but they are usually miles between them and dispatch....board position means little...don't get hooked on it...closest truck wins the day for many reasons..and there is "dispatcher discretion" meaning anything goes...and then there is the MO button...manual over-ride of the automatic selection feature...which goes along with the discretion feature....
back to the beginning.....recruiters only have a general working knowledge of how dispatch dispatches...
ask you dispatch just HOW the truck selection works in REAL time...there can be a big difference...the above is for bigger carriers...
a smaller carrier a recruiter might chip in on a busy day in dispatch..so they'll be more informed...

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I went to "Bolt Express, complaints" both Drivers complaing about Bolt were drivers for a Fleet owner. Saying Bolt is at fault because the person you drive for failed to you pay is ignorant.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I took over a yr to decide where to put a van on. Bolts office is within 5 miles from my home. I drove to the Expo, didn't own a van and talked to recuriters down there all day the 1st day.

As OVM said none of the people out right lied..but some left alot to be desired as to there way of thinking and "selling" their companies...Iwent with Bolt mainly because Mark and later Anne told me that I might starve in this business..it was all up to me. Bolt would provide what loads were available in a manner that would be profitable to me but most certainly to them before me. Making money in this business is more about YOU and how you work then the company you sign with. Some will say thats BS the carrier controls the purse strings and thats true, but if you have set yourself up right to begin with and work their systems to your advantage and learn as much as fast as you can, you can make money with all of the Mids and Major carriers.

Now, a few other things to consider is which companies will "LIMIT' the miles you can drive and the hours you can drive...both of those will affect how much you make as a SOLO driver.....Keep that in mnd as you ask your questions at the EXPO... that was also one of the reasons I went with Bolt...No one limits the long runs and makes you "swap" it off after "X" amount of Miles and or Hours....

As for an "investigator" busting on Bolt...unless he knows the "EXPEDITING" business from the inside...nothing he sayes means a thing.. Someone that knows Long haul trucking companies and not Expediting would also find alot "wrong" in expediting....I can also think of a few people on here that have axes to grind with bolt that have posted on those sites...most of their compliants are BS also....

The only person that can make the decision where you should go is you...as has been pointed out by drivers from a few companies...they all will drive you nuts in their own why....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great reply Dennis...

Bolt and E-1 were the top of my list while waiting to be legal down here...did a lot of research...when the time came they were literally in a tie....I chose E-1 over Bolt because.........going to love this logic........

E-1 is closer to SD then Bolt..:eek:..thought Anne was going to hemorage...when I told her why....*LOL* sorry Anne...:D

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
But I didn't lie OVM! I told you flat out if you went with us we couldn't get you home! So there! LOL! Now it's a different story but back then........

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
thanks Chef! I just got on the net and looked up Bolt,driver problems and wow this investigator really gave them a black eye.

Problem with these complaint boards is you only hear one side, you'll find bad about every single company out there from at least one or two people, and I am not talking just about expediting
Look at Wal-Mart

guido4475

Not a Member
If, for any reason, I ever leave where I am at, It will either be Bolt or E-1. But then there is the year of the van thing, also.That may prevent me from going anywhere, which is a shame. So many good, well maintained, sweet looking vans out there.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Of course, the flip side of that is people who only hear what they want (as opposed to what was actually said ....... :rolleyes:)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Anne will NOT lie to you...period....

My take on most recruiters,they in an earlier life were used car salesmen.But with the conversations with Anne,she didn't lie to me,thats why I'm with Tri State,I didn't feel Bolt had the pay program I wanted for my tractor.
So far,all I was told about Tri State,my recruiter here is straight up too.I haven't had one problem in the 4 months Ive been here,in fact, it's better than I expected.