Bluetooth Headsets, do you use them?

Chipper

Active Expediter
So my son decided to give me his over used iPhone. Took me a week or two to figure out how exactly it all works, but its pretty great. I gave up my old samsung flipper phone for it, but the headset i use while on the road does not work. In my search for a new headset my son mentioned bluetooth....so im here asking. Ive seen a few of you out there with these things in your ears...are they worth it? Do they work good? easy to use?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I use blue parrot because with the bouncing around in the cab the ear pieces fall out.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We use the blue tiger. I have tried multiple in the ear and over the ear bluetooths, but my ears are too small.

Nick was hesitant about an over the head unit, but after using it, he wouldn't go back to the others. The sound and call clarity is much better in our opinion . Also since he is a little harder of hearing it works better as it goes over the ear and isolates the background noises a bit.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I use one of those small Motorola ear things. It works fairly well. Some day I hope to upgrade to a Blue Parakeet headset. The only reason I bought the Motorola thing was because the nice lady on the Panther recording said: For quality purposes this call may be monitored or recorded. It is illegal for any Panther contractor to use a handset while driving. Ensure you are using a hands-free handset before contacting dispatch. Please hang up and call from a safe and legal location.

I certainly don't want to break any laws so I rushed into the Walmart I was parked at and bought the Motorola thing right after hearing this urgent message from Panther. The only blue parakeets this Walmart had were the feathered kind. I was worried they might peck my eardrum and then eat my brain stuff. I think it is illegal for any Panther contractor to operate a motor vehicle with less than 50% brain stuff. I'm probably borderline in the brain stuff department, so why take a chance.

I wonder why the law only applies to Panther contractors and not Fed Ex, E-1, Load One contractors etc? I'm also curious about what exactly is a hands-free head-set? Are there head-free handsets?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Blue Parrot Expressway....great headset. The Blue Parrot headsets and some others like them are the best options on the market for truck drivers in my opinion. They have the noise reduction, clarity and volume needed to overcome the noise in a truck.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
We use the blue tiger. I have tried multiple in the ear and over the ear bluetooths, but my ears are too small.

Nick was hesitant about an over the head unit, but after using it, he wouldn't go back to the others. The sound and call clarity is much better in our opinion . Also since he is a little harder of hearing it works better as it goes over the ear and isolates the background noises a bit.

Glad to hear you guys like it... my old Noisehush finally died...it worked great for quite a while. Ordered a Blue Tiger off eBay due to finding a good deal, should be at the house when I get back...I like the idea of playing my music thru the headset too.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Headsets don't work for me, cause I can't tolerate anything on my head [hats, hair clips, ponytails, etc] for more than a few minutes, and being left handed makes some [Bose] useless.
I can do the in the ear kind, and the best one for a noisy truck is the Blue Ant.

Moot: I can't understand why it's called 'handsfree' either - I've tried every way I can imagine to put it on without using my hands, and failed every time. I feel like such a loser! [But I'd feel even worse if my carrier had to tell me it's illegal to use a cellphone while driving without it, every single time I called them.]

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Headsets don't work for me, cause I can't tolerate anything on my head [hats, hair clips, ponytails, etc] for more than a few minutes,
Last time I saw you, unlike me, you had hair on your head. I guess after a few years you get used to it. Speaking of the last time I saw you, are you also posting as "cubansammich"?

Moot: I can't understand why it's called 'handsfree' either - I've tried every way I can imagine to put it on without using my hands, and failed every time. I feel like such a loser! [But I'd feel even worse if my carrier had to tell me it's illegal to use a cellphone while driving without it, every single time I called them.]
[/QUOTE]

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cubansammich isn't me. He/she just makes me want to go find one, even when I'm not hungry. Boo! ;)

Monty

Expert Expediter
One thing I have noticed with bluetooth, wireless, headsets is the fact they are programmed to "listen" ... and if the folks you are "listening" to have high background noise the headset will interupt your talking, to listen. The folks on the other end can't understand why you keep cutting out.

It's hard to explain to them THEY need a quiter enviroment to work in!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
One thing I have noticed with bluetooth, wireless, headsets is the fact they are programmed to "listen" ... and if the folks you are "listening" to have high background noise the headset will interupt your talking, to listen. The folks on the other end can't understand why you keep cutting out.

It's hard to explain to them THEY need a quiter enviroment to work in!

HMMM. Never thought of that. I talk to my brother who is a crane operator and if he has his noise cancelling headset in he doesnt complain about me cutting in and out but if he doesnt have it on he said it sounds like im losing service.