Blog - Facebook - Twitter

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I have a 'blog'. it is actually a website but when ever I get around to it I will post more stuff to it.

But I refuse to do the facebook/myspace/twitter thing.

I'm old fashion, if I want to talk to anyone, I call them - the call is free. It is real interaction that is sorely missed nowadays and the virtual world actually makes more of us more isolated.

My sister-in-law refuses to call us, she instead will send an email and insist on us going to her facebook/myspace page to post there - that is rude to us.

I feel that if you want privacy, as many do, don't do the facebook/myspace/twitter thing. There really is no privacy with these services regardless who says there is.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Cheri mentioned Facebook to me the other day. I'm kinda like Leo, I spend so much time on the 'puter now, I'm really resisting things that would have me here even more. I dunno, maybe I'll do it, but I just don't think I'm interesting enough to have something people would want to check out. I'm old, fat, and I spend all my time in a truck. Is there a line forming to see something like that?

Geeeezz Highway Star! I think you just described a lot of us! heeheehee :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I pretty much resemble that remark too, sigh.
But here's the thing: my nondriving family & friends think this is such an exciting way to live, they like to know where I am & where I'm going.
My fellow drivers know the reality of expediting, but they like to know where I am too - Facebook lets everyone keep up all at once [plus, I've been playing Mafia Wars and Mob Wars - cheap thrills, lol] :D

Greg: I don't think it's rude to not call - I'd rather keep my phone open for a call from Dispatch, myself. Plus, there are a lot of photos posted that I wouldn't see otherwise, and that's a nice thing when we're away so much, ya know?

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
MySpace never got my attention, but I am liking Facebook - it lets you keep up with family & friends (truckers & non) easily, and I like the photos a lot.
Hey Eagle, do you play Mob Wars? That's my current timewaster: robbing liquor stores, buying tommy guns, attacking other mobs....:D

as u all know i have a myspace page.....
i just joined facebook a few months ago.......... and wow...... i have run across cousins i hadnt seen or heard from since i was a kid...... lol
anyways half my family is on it sooooo ....... its another site that consumes some of my time...
hey ya cheri...

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Cheri mentioned Facebook to me the other day. I'm kinda like Leo, I spend so much time on the 'puter now, I'm really resisting things that would have me here even more. I dunno, maybe I'll do it, but I just don't think I'm interesting enough to have something people would want to check out. I'm old, fat, and I spend all my time in a truck. Is there a line forming to see something like that?

You know I think your right I believe it was Cheri that told me also. I opened the facebook page but haven't done anything with it yet. Haven't had time yet as I'm always playing around on EO when I have extra time. lol I'm gonna get to it though. :D

Thanks Cheri! :p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yer very welcome - and when you do get time, how about joining my mob on Mafia wars? I need one more member to rob jewelry stores! :eek:
(Robbing liquor stores is therapeutic, lol, but there's a lot more loot in jewelry ;))

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Yer very welcome - and when you do get time, how about joining my mob on Mafia wars? I need one more member to rob jewelry stores! :eek:
(Robbing liquor stores is therapeutic, lol, but there's a lot more loot in jewelry ;))

I don't know how to do it Cheri?

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I'll join your Mafia Cheri, if you would join mine. :D I'm only lvl 10 though and only have 4 members. I have a lot of fun with it though. I had to put a "hit" out on someone today who attacked me over and over and got over $30,000 from me. :eek: lol

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The two are similiar in that you recruit folks for your mob [but they don't have to play - some mobs have hundreds of members!] You do jobs for money and experience, [each one mastered gets you 'skill points' with which to increase energy, stamina, attack & defense strength], attack other mobs & get attacked in turn....if you lose the fight, you can always punch the other guy in the face - it sure makes me feel better! You use the money to buy weapons, vehicles, property, whatever. Mafia wars is the more interesting game, I think, with more options - you can promote your mob members, and send gifts [the Easter egg bomb comes in handy] and do quite a few things tha keep it interesting.
Try it - you'll get hooked too, I bet! :D

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
MySpace never got my attention, but I am liking Facebook - it lets you keep up with family & friends (truckers & non) easily, and I like the photos a lot.
Hey Eagle, do you play Mob Wars? That's my current timewaster: robbing liquor stores, buying tommy guns, attacking other mobs....:D

Yes I play Mob Wars and a few others. Getting 1 load a week for the last 3 months gives me a lot of time to play games.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Whoa!!!! IS this the WILD BILL? Wow - you were one of our first members in 1999!!! Member # 5 to be exact!!! Long time - no post! :)

Yes it is me. One of the same. (you also forgot one time moderator too...lol) I don't get around here as much since I got off the road. I am now married with children and a normal everyday job.

Believe it or not I work security at a GM plant now! I am seeing how the other half lives. If you are ever at the GM Fort Wayne assembly on second shift ask for MildBill.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
It is good to see you post WildBill or now MildBill as you have a heck of a reputation to follow. Big shoes to fill..... I have always heard very good things about you so it is pretty awesome you have back out of the woodwork.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
It is good to see you post WildBill or now MildBill as you have a heck of a reputation to follow. Big shoes to fill..... I have always heard very good things about you so it is pretty awesome you have back out of the woodwork.

Thanks Bob and Linda. My shoes are easy to fill. The rest of my clothes would be harder. (nothing grows in the shade...lol) It isn't as bad as it once was. Since I left the road I have lost 150 pounds.

I am Mild Bill at work because there was another Bill working there before me and he claimed the "wild Bill" title. He pulled the seniority rank. Actually these days I am more Mild than wild anyways.