Black America

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This post doesn't relate to this thread but T/C how is your book coming along?

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
TnHawk:
LOL, It didn't take long for the boo's to be heard. I'm in Florida and I heard them all the way down here. To tell you the truth Hawk what soured me on the party is people just like you that deny the truth. This is the worst president in my life time. I have never seen anyone so incompetent as our president. He has no clue and never will. I have been disappointed for 7 years now. I only voted for him last time because Kerry turned my stomach. I will take a chance this time and vote democrat. Why? Because McCain is no more aware of the wants and needs of this country than the current. All this talk is fun for me to rib one another back and forth. Who knows what will come up before election time. We may all choose to hold our nose and jerk the lever. I wish they had a spot for non of the above. That very well may be my choice.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I don't see how any non-liberal could not see Carter as the worst president this century. HE is the reason we're in this mess to begin with.

Whether you think the war was right or not, do you believe we should just immediately pack up and go home? Ppl ponder this stuff less than who they should vote for on American Idol. No wonder we're screwed up, and have the presidents and nominees to prove it!

Reactions: 1 person

greg334

Veteran Expediter
To tell you the truth Hawk what soured me on the party is people just like you that deny the truth. This is the worst president in my life time. I have never seen anyone so incompetent as our president. He has no clue and never will. I have been disappointed for 7 years now.

Now I'm getting frustrated.

I keep hearing the same old BS about how the sitting president is the worst, is the dumbest and a whole bunch of stuff but outside of the repeat of the same old left talking points, does anyone have real specific reasons to make blanket statements about someone that had to do something to have people vote him into office.

I am not picking on just you Robsdad, I hear this all the time and on several forums - only one time I have seen a justification that this president has been stupid and that has to do with the interest rate.

ANd speaking of stupid presidents, you know that Jimmy Carter ranks as number one. You examine his real records, not read his crap books or listen to the people praise him. No other time have we have had such a president that has systematically put us on a course of ruin as he has.

I will take a chance this time and vote democrat. Why? Because McCain is no more aware of the wants and needs of this country than the current.

Well that logic gave us Carter and Wilson.

Look there has only been one or two Senators that made fair to good presidents, but the truth is senators are not a leadership job and no way does your senate experience mold you into a person to do the job as the leader of the country. McCain lacks the same qualities as Hillary and Obama, but he has openly held the people in contempt on views of invasion and the American work force.

But with all that said, Powell may be a decent person and may make a ok president but again, we are looking at the color of their skin and not the substance of the person.

Sadly many still feel the question needs to be asked but miss the point that we haven't brought ourselves to the point that we no longer have to ask it. I think in order for us to progress beyond the race game, we must be open with ourselves and all it like it really is. Take for example my comment about Larry King and Bill Cosby, Larry king is a bigot for his affirmation of Cosby's position that Clarance Thomas is an idiot. Bill Cosby is also an idiot for implying that because of the person's political leanings, the accomplishments of the person needs to be ignored. This happens a lot in the 'black America', proof is the congressional black caucus and their exclusion of some because of their political views.

This goes with what Turtle mentioned in another thread that happened with Bill Cunningham and how quickly McCain came out and distanced himself because of the issue - again asking the question polarized the real issues and makes us fear talking openly about the real problems. If you want to see what a polarized America could look like, go to Detroit, read about the suburbs vs. the city rhetoric and see the racism.

Tallcal,
Dude, I got to tell you that what you experienced in Georgia is about what I experienced in LA. Sorry but California is just like the rest of the country and it has nothing to do with the Stars and Bars on the hat. I was harassed in LA by Latinos, and I felt like it was going to be my time but I didn't hold it against them. So I feel the same, the ignorant morons with their Latino pride and their attitude also left a lasting impression on me but I also know that it is not just LA. Also the flag has absolutely nothing to do with the issue.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
turtle in the cross hairs +
My post doesn't have Africa, John Macain, euro-American,Irish American mentioned..

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that you said if you have a hyphenated race, then you're not a full blooded American. Last time I checked, "American" wasn't a race.

Then you gave us the definition of Native, ostensibly, I guess, to mean that "someothercountry-American" just won't do for a President, but if we use your strict definition of what someone should be in order to be president, that leaves us with only Native Americans as candidates. The only question is whether or not Native should be capitalized or not, as the meaning changes dramatically if it is or is not. What about a Continent-American? Or is it just Country-American that's bad? What about Religion-American? Or PoliticalPersuation-American? How about Pissed-Off-American?

As far as Savage-- his web site is worldwide newspaper articles..The KOOLAID LEFT doesn't publish-- I THINK FOR MYSELF!
Yeah, well, you may think for yourself, but you type exactly like Savage talks.

YOU DRINK cnn KOOL-AID and vote for your U.N.-AMERICAN-don't complain about the sky-rocketing commodities- like BIG OIL-and the left's answer instead of drilling---wheat/flour== food!! ETHANOL! CHECK THE CNBC COMMODITES BOARD...
Actually, I'm a conservative, with Libertarian tendencies. More conservative than Savage about a lot of things, actually. I'm just not wacko about it and feel the need to talk in one-word sentences like a bad sports anchor or a bad late night talk show host.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
TallCal,
The only thing that I was asked a million times by people from California was did I enjoy making love to my sister when I went home. My Mom came and visited me one time on Memorial Day. We went to Disney Land had a good time. Long story short we got to my barracks where she was dropping me off to go catch her flight and she started crying because she knew it would be Christmas time before she would see me again. So I hugged her and kept my arms around her and told her not to cry. There was another Marine out there watching and he saw me kiss my mom on her forehead. He made a comment along the lines of "Hodges is making out with his Mom I bet they have been screwing all weekend". Which made my mom cry even more.She got embarrassed and left. I went to my room put my bag down and took my pad lock of off my wall locker. I took the pad lock and used to bust his head and told him if he ever said anything about my mom again I would kill him.

The only place I've ever been threatened in California was in Yucca Valley. I mainly hung out with guys from the south. Well just about all of them happened to be black. We had a group of Peckerwoods jump on us in the Wal-Mart parking lot. 5 of us and about 7 of them. We all went to jail, until the cops got the video from the stores security cameras and enough witness statments to prove we were just defending ourselves.

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The way I see it... if you can forget a majority of what went on in the country during a certain president's term, then he was a good president. If you remember mostly good things happening, he was a great president.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
There is no problem with two of the three I am free to Vote how I want. One of them though I am gona have a very difficult time standing behind her if voted in.

I believe Americans THINK they want a change. But boy when it changes they all moan and groan. Sometimes we just get what we hope for. I believe this election is exciting, look at how far we have come along in the last 50 years personally I think its GREAT.

Just think of it this way, would Iran ever have a Jewish person running for their President?

We give ourselves very little credit for what has been accomplished, heck a Jewish Person in Iran deserves to have his Head Cut Off just BECAUSE they were born in the Jewish faith and does not Worship Mohamid. Talk about backwards.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
ratwell71 has it right!!!
PAY ATTENTION TO WHO YOU VOTE INTO CONGRESS...........IT'S CONGRESS THAT APPROVES ALL EXPENDITURES. The President can't spend a dime without Congress approval. The President can't declare war on anyone without going to Congress........

I read and hear all this garbage about "Change, change, change"........

Ask yourself this simple question.. "change to what"? Do any of the Dem candidates mention that?? What are they going to change to, and how???
It's nothing more than a political slogan thrown out there to get us 'poor foke" to follow along........nothing more than great advertising!!!!

And Ark.........you did it backwards my friend, when the guy made that statement about your mother you should have shot him first, then threatened to hit him with the lock!!!!!! :)
I'll say this, I'm originally from New York State, born and raised 65 miles south of Buffalo.
Moved to S.E. Missouri 10 yrs. ago. Since living here I've noticed several things, but most of all, Southerners honor, and respect their mothers......like no place I've ever seen anywhere else. I don't care how big you are, how tough you think you are. Say something about a southerner's mother, and bud, you've bitten off more than you can chew!! Gaurenteed!!!!! You'll never see a can of whoop-ass like the one your about to experience!!
Do I take alot of harassment living down here and being a "yankee"? You bet I do!! But one thing about these "southerners".......if your their friend, they'll stand right next to ya no matter what the odds!!! Give me the south anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Just to throw my two cents in: Am I ready for a black president?? I don't know, haven't seen where one is running for the office yet.........I see a man and a woman vying for the Democratic nomination. Am I ready for a woman in the White House??
Definitely NOT the one that is running!!!!!
Give me Condolezza and Colin!!!!!