Best tear in your beer song?

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I can't believe nobody has mentioned one of Red Sovine's tunes like "Giddy up go", or "Teddy Bear"...Those are some serious tear jerkers.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A couple by Tom Waits come to mind: "Warm Beer and Cold women" and "Pasties and A G-String". How about Frank Zappa's "Titties and Beer". I guess none of these songs are real tear jerkers, but they do have the word beer in the title or in the lyric body.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
letsrock, do those really count as songs? I knoow they are time honored trucking classics but I have always considered those talkies. Not much singing going on.

Just kiddin, they are genuine tear jerkers. :+

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hey Redy... have you heard the parody of Friends in Low Places? I heard one on Bob and Tom called Friends in Crawl Spaces that's sure to make you laugh your arse off!!! :D

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

Pappy

Expert Expediter
I have a lot of tear in my beer songs that I really like but sometimes when I do public appearances, I do a special version of an old Percy Sledge song---"Just Out OF Reach" (of my two empty arms).
I'm responsible for making a lot of people cry in their buttermilk!

Pappy ;)

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How about....

It`s hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ##### all day.
by The Notorious Cherry Bombs.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yabba Dabba Do, by "No Show" Jones:
"Last night I broke the seal, on a Jim Beam decanter, that looked like Elvis..."

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
How bout Rosanne's version of the Star Spangled Banner?

Sorry... that's more like a "puke on your shoes" song. :p

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
If you really want to get the tears flowing and the snot running try "Letting Go" by Suzy Bogguss. It's a goodun if you have kids, specialy if it's a gurl type yungun......yep.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
how bout commander codys .....down to stems and seeds again bluesssss....

okay that was a looooong time ago.

i will have to go with the change-the-dial-when-it-comes-up tears in heaven.

Jack Berry

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Alan Jackson's POP A TOP AGAIN

Less we forget Jim Ed Brown did it first. Alan`s was a cover.

grog111

Seasoned Expediter
Okay, I'll admit it...I'm a sap, but, "Don't speak" from Gwen Stefani when she was with "No doubt" is hard for me to listen to without welling up. Then there is Michael Johnson's "Bluer than blue". Martina Mcbride does that "Daughter" song, thats a tough one. Then there are always the old standards like "seasons in the sun" and "alone again,naturally". woof. Who's responsible for this thread?

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Star spangled banner always chokes me up..but "come home soon" by the Dixie Chicks has to be the worse for me( or best for sake of the post)