Best Power Inverter and Aux Battery available for Sprinter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nope..... Totally political.
You can believe what you like, but I'm the one who wrote it and I've refuted in the clearest terms possible that you're wrong.
The thread was about which product to use, not where it was made.
If I think it's worth noting where a product is made, I'll mention it. If you don't like that, we'll, there's always barber college.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
sorry, it's my opinion that it is a political statement and opinions can't be wrong, just different. :taunt2:
Now you're just accusing me of lying. Is that really a limb you want to go out onto?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Lying? Nope....... just a different opinion.
My statement is not an opinion it is a fact. I know what I wrote and know why I wrote it.
The only reason not to believe a factual statement is if you believe the statement to be false. The only way my own statement about my own words could be false is if I'm lying. Do you believe I'm lying when I say it wasn't political?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't you guys just meet for coffee or a few drinks somewhere in Detroit or Northern Ohio and settle your differences. I thought that is where most expediters lived. Now tune in for some more battery and inverter talk. :laughing: :laughing:

Cross between Fremont Oh Crown (the best deal) Crown AGM 6CRV220 Golf Cart 6V 220AH Battery | Solar Biz or Lifeline if they get back to me about local pick up cost in CA. Also looking at Rolls 250 amp for $339 each Surrette Rolls 6 Volt 250 Amp Hour AGM Battery - S6-275AGM and possibly a Fullriver (made in China) 250 amp, price will most likely be higher then Rolls due to the TRUMP tariffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My statement is not an opinion it is a fact. I know what I wrote and know why I wrote it.
The only reason not to believe a factual statement is if you believe the statement to be false. The only way my own statement about my own words could be false is if I'm lying. Do you believe I'm lying when I say it wasn't political?
I'm done......

Reactions: ntimevan

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just as an FYI to others and because I can hear it doing it this moment, one nice thing about the Aims is the charging voltage and profile are not affected if the shore power voltage surges up or down. You can also adjust the charge current which is nice if you are using a generator. I can turn it down so my Honda just barely comes off idle (quiet and runs longer). It also seamlessly switches from gen power to inverter power and back based on load.

They're expensive but do have some neat features.

Reactions: Turtle

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any difference known between these two AIMS models, one has a UL 458 certification and cost a little more. What advantages over the Xantrex Freedom 2000, if any?

VS

VS

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will look up the difference in the Aims units, but the charger in the Aims is 4 stage vs the 3 in the Xantrex. A unit that has a better charger (as I have experienced) results in longer battery life. The Aims units are also beefy low frequency units with massive surge capacity. Just for giggles I tried running my MIG welder on my Aims....and it worked flawlessly. I know microwaves also will work better on inverters of this style. Can't remember who (wasn't Aims) but someone had a demo at MATS a few years back showing microwave outputs on a typical inverter and a low frequency design....big difference.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the Samlex has better quality and design then the Aims but no GFCI plug in option, so rules it out. I like the features on the Aims but they look very large in size and weight wouldn't be able to mount it off partition or behind the passenger seat, reason for choosing the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000. I need to go to a RV store that sells AIMS and take a look at them in person before making final decision. Looks like the aims is a popular choice though with the RV and Sprinter conversion crowd. Google Custom Search

bluetransit

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
This might be off topic, but does anyone use the 12v DC circuit from their van to recharge their house battery(s)?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This might be off topic, but does anyone use the 12v DC circuit from their van to recharge their house battery(s)?

Can you be more specific concerning the "12v DC circuit"? Unless you have an APU, all charging while running down the road will be powered by the OEM 12 volt system with the exception of onboard solar panels, wind generators or nuclear reactor. The cheapest method is some sort of switching device between the starting battery and the house batteries. The next step up would be a battery isolator. Taking it to the "next level" (I hate that reference, but it is currently "trending", another term I dislike) is an onboard 12v to 12 charger. our

Your budget and house battery type should be considered before choosing a charging method. My first two vans I used a battery isolator to charge Optima batteries. In my current van, a Ford Transit I went with a 12v to 12v volt charger to charge two 6 volt true deep cycle batteries. This charger provides the proper charge profile for these batteries, which greatly extends the life of the batteries. My Transi,t as with most newer vehicles is a CAN bus electrical system. All of my add-on 12 volt goodies run directly off my house batteries which are independent of the OEM electrical system except for the connection to the starting battery.

Do some research here on E.O. using the key words battery, chargers, battery chargers etc. Then ask more specific questions that would apply to your situation. If you are driving for a fleet owner then I would go the cheapest route, especially if you are unsure about ever getting your own van.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decisions.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obviously, no one would mess with reclaimed smoke detectors for such a trivial thing. Home defense, that's another story...