Bentz is now spelled Bolt.....

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We had the opportunity to have Don Bentz work on our sleeper today.
Many of you know Don has opened a service shop for Bentz sleepers.
It is about 3 miles from Hoosiers and the old Stoops location.
They just moved into the facility and were very busy when we pulled into the shop.
Don and his staff took good care of us, they were courteous
and fast.
Glad to see the Bentz....er Bolt shop open.:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks for the update, Dave. I visited Bentz once, and was impressed by the craftsmanship in their work. And my current ride is a Bentz, too. [With a Mercedes engine, which is probly as close as I'll ever get, lol]

Blackbeard

Seasoned Expediter
We just had the pleasure of having Don and Jamie work on our CC Tval C unit. You could not ask for a more gracious, service-minded bunch of folks to help you in any way they could! They dropped everything t work on our unit! Real nice pull in warehouse, comfortable waiting, easy to find.

BOLT Custom Trucks & Manufacturing.LLC
4532 Allen Martin Drive, Ft Wayne IN 48806
260-387-5779
email: [email protected]

CR3161
Jordan Transport

greg334

Veteran Expediter
As an owner of one of their products and helping with or doing the work myself for four other products they built, I don't agree with a word here.

Maybe I was brought up a bit different and think that quality workmanship means something is put together with proper techniques that may have been used for decades while using proper materials to ensure that the product remains in good shape for years to come.

I think customer service is part of that quality and I may be part of the minority that is speaking up by not complimenting the product or the company or the owner.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess I am, along with a number of others who just don't see why the big deal is made out of a vendor like this.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess I am, along with a number of others who just don't see why the big deal is made out of a vendor like this.

Speaking for myself only,my support for this brand of sleeper comes from being an alumijunk owner for 4 years prior to the Bentz.

guido4475

Not a Member
I had 2 Bentz sleepers in the past, and I was dissapointed in the craftmanship and fit and finish of it, not to mention how crappy it was wired.What a nightmare.I spent over 25k for the last sleeper, and was greatly dissapointed back in 2000.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any chance you guys are unhappy with the product they were producing 10 years ago and maybe the newer stuff was better?

guido4475

Not a Member
Any chance you guys are unhappy with the product they were producing 10 years ago and maybe the newer stuff was better?

From what I saw at the expedite expo, and the Bentz sleeper on that 250,000 truck, I didnt see any improvement as far as I can see.What a shame.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Piper,
Not really, I've seen the newer stuff and seen the same practices they used on mine.

It comes down to using construction standards that have been long established and using therm right from the start, not trying to mature a product by using cheap practices than adapting the correct standards as production matures.

Just one quick example - you deburr holes you cut and put in gromets in order to protect wiring. Not one hole I have in that entire sleeper had been deburred and there wasn't a single gromet used anywhere. This was one reason for my fire behind the cabinet, the wire insulation was cut through by the burr and kept shorting out, sometimes tripping the inverter but more of the time enough to heat the area up until the cardboard ignited. The circuit breakers were so cheap that when I replaced them, I tested them and they would not trip, even with 15 times the current they were rated for.

Everything I described also was also in a newer sleeper that is less than half the age of mine. The owner and I spent three days ripping everything out and fixing everything RIGHT. We put in a blue seas electrical panel, proper wiring and a good shore power switching unit.

Booker

Expert Expediter
We have had or have been associated with 4 Bentz sleepers. We have had very few problems and when we did they were available to assist us over the phone or if we were in the area, they got us in and repairs were made quickly. We now have 2 SST100 trucks and are very happy with both of them. Compared to other sleepers I have seen, the workmanship and quality is superior.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Greg's point is a good one - wiring run through holes in metal should have grommets to protect the wiring.
If I have a complaint, it's that the lighting is woefully inadequate in the sleeper & driver's seat [which is also the truck mfr's fault]. :(

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Don Bentz and his fine crew fixed up my battery box real fast and good today. Please do not confuse this operation with the cost cutting practices of Kieth Bentz, who is now out of the business.

Attachments

• IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 22

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
As with any thing Im sure ya can get a good or bad product no matter who builds it.
I hope this guy will cater to the expedite industry for the most part and try to service all of our trucks no matter who the manufacture is. Fast and reliable service with fast access to the parts we need. Unlike a certain truck shop in the Detroit area where a good group of ppl are employed but are limited to what they have to work with and have very little sleeper parts or freight box parts in stock.
I like my alumi-junk bunk and would buy one again if it where possible, But need someone who at least handles the light bulbs in stock.
I wish this new shop the best on start up, because we do need someone out here that handles what we need and are capability of doing the work.