Baseball

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Baseball opening day is approching! What team do you follow and are you going to the game?;)

GO GETT'EM DETROIT TIGERS!!!!:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Baseball opening day is approching! What team do you follow and are you going to the game?;)

GO GETT'EM DETROIT TIGERS!!!!:D

Tigers fan all the way. No, we are not going to the game. We hope to be working and they cost too much money to go to any more. When we want to watch baseball we go to a Toledo Mud Hen game. MUCH cheaper, closer to home. The parking is easy. The baseball is almost on par with the pros. We can get great seats most of the time. A real entertainment buy.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tigers fan all the way. No, we are not going to the game. We hope to be working and they cost too much money to go to any more. When we want to watch baseball we go to a Toledo Mud Hen game. MUCH cheaper, closer to home. The parking is easy. The baseball is almost on par with the pros. We can get great seats most of the time. A real entertainment buy.

Agreed. When we lived in Las Vegas, we would go to see the Las Vegas Stars (AAA club for the L.A. Dodgers) often. Much cheaper and just as entertaining.

We are also not going to opening day. It would cost close to 200.00 for my wife and i to go.:mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Agreed. When we lived in Las Vegas, we would go to see the Las Vegas Stars (AAA club for the L.A. Dodgers) often. Much cheaper and just as entertaining.

We are also not going to opening day. It would cost close to 200.00 for my wife and i to go.:mad:

As you most likely know, the Mud Hens are the Tigers AAA club. We get to see the up and coming new Tigers and often Major league players that are down for rehab or to work on a problem. They games are very fun to go to. The crowd gets into the game more than at the major league games, or at least it seems so. Maybe it is because of the smaller stadium. It seems "full" most of the time.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Cincinnati Reds. I won't be going to Opening Day, 'cause I'm in Utah, but between Sirius/XM Radio and the satellite TV (Dish Network with the Total Sports Package, which includes all of the regional Fox Sports channels), I'm covered.

One thing about expediting is you can get to see a lot of MLB in a lot of different parks, plus there's a plethora of Minor League and even Independent League ball to be seen.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As you most likely know, the Mud Hens are the Tigers AAA club. We get to see the up and coming new Tigers and often Major league players that are down for rehab or to work on a problem. They games are very fun to go to. The crowd gets into the game more than at the major league games, or at least it seems so. Maybe it is because of the smaller stadium. It seems "full" most of the time.

I have driven by the stadium in Toledo. It looks like a great place to see a game. I may take the Mrs to a game there, then to Tony Packo's. YUMMO!!!!!:D

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cincinnati Reds. I won't be going to Opening Day, 'cause I'm in Utah, but between Sirius/XM Radio and the satellite TV (Dish Network with the Total Sports Package, which includes all of the regional Fox Sports channels), I'm covered.

One thing about expediting is you can get to see a lot of MLB in a lot of different parks, plus there's a plethora of Minor League and even Independent League ball to be seen.

OMG! Not a plethora!! :eek: LOL LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have driven by the stadium in Toledo. It looks like a great place to see a game. I may take the Mrs to a game there, then to Tony Packo's. YUMMO!!!!!:D

Thanks to MASH and Klinger it is the most famous minor league club in the country!! The fans REALLY get into it there!! Maybe if we are both home at the same time we can all meet up for a game!! THAT would be fun!!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks to MASH and Klinger it is the most famous minor league club in the country!! The fans REALLY get into it there!! Maybe if we are both home at the same time we can all meet up for a game!! THAT would be fun!!

Would love to. Will let you know when we plan to go.:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Would love to. Will let you know when we plan to go.:D

All joking aside, I can give you a date in the VERY near future!! We WILL be home in July around the time of Expo. We will be planning to go to a game during that time frame. I have yet to look at the "Hens" schedule yet. I will keep you informed. MMMM, maybe a HUGE expediter party at a Mud Hens game? Lots of possiblities here!!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All joking aside, I can give you a date in the VERY near future!! We WILL be home in July around the time of Expo. We will be planning to go to a game during that time frame. I have yet to look at the "Hens" schedule yet. I will keep you informed. MMMM, maybe a HUGE expediter party at a Mud Hens game? Lots of possiblities here!!

Count us in. Sounds like fun. Would like to finally meet all my EO friends.:p

P.S. Can i wear some "shorts"? :eek:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I enjoy baseball in person but dread baseball on tv or radio. That being said if anyone is laid over in Indianapolis they have one of the nicest minor league parks in the country. It's in the downtown area. Should be truck parking around, its across from the convention centet.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If anyone wants to go to a Mud Hens game while in Toledo it is very easy. Providing that they have not made any changes this season, you can park at the Pilot on Alexis Road, walk across to the Meijers and catch a bus right to the stadium and it brings you back. Not sure on the cost but it was really low.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here's a map of A, AA, AAA and MLB teams around the country.

It doesn't include Independent League ball, like the Florence Freedom, Southern Illinois Miners, Evansville Otters, Kalamazoo Crushers, Kitchener Panthers, Brantford Red Sox, the Toronto Maple Leafs, or the Laredo Broncos. Independent League ball can be a lot of fun, mostly undrafted college players with a few veterans peppered in. It's a league where players get traded to other teams for a couple dozen bats and 20 pounds of catfish.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
kane county cougars. oakland a's A club. midwest league. bbq pork chop sammich and a couple cold goose islands. plus entry all under 20 bucks per person..

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I may try a Mudhens game and see if I get to see Max there. Hopefully I'll make a few games in various places and at least some of them with some of my EO friends.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We've got tickets to 3 Twins games this season in their new outdoor ballpark: Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July and mid September. Texas, Tampa Bay and Oakland.

It sure will be nice watching the Twins play outdoors again. I sold beer at the old Metropolitan Stadium for Twins, Vikings and Kicks games. Now I can sit outside and drink beer and watch the game.

15 minutes until the first pitch for the Twins opener in L.A. gotta go.