August Location

hz909

Seasoned Expediter
Probably locusts/grasshoppers....they are bad out here this year....sounds like hail at times..

On the way home I heard a faint, yet, worrisome buzzing. I could hear it at 72mph with the windows up and the radio on. I was concerned that the cause of the sound was the van itself. It sounded like the van was dragging tinsel on the asphalt...really heavy tinsel. So, I turned off the radio and put the window down. Locusts from the fields on both sides of the road.

Oh well, at least they weren't leaving their guts on my windshield that time of night. Good call, OVM.

I had an air freight run this afternoon that occupied about 4 hours of my time. Eh.

Currently back in Kansas City...Missouri. Although, I received a property tax bill from the state of Kansas two days ago, so I'm considering the possibility that I could be wrong about which side of the state line I actually reside.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think that buzzy noise I was hearing the other night wasn't part of the audiobook after all, lol

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Well we are sitting at the J in Carlisle. Did a run into Jersey that dropped this morning. After a couple of mediocre offers running north along the coast, we decided to head to Carlisle. Just do'nt want to pay all those wonderfull tolls thru New England.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Golden mn to newton ga droped today. Picking up in covington ga in the am heading to Lville. I will only be a couple hours from home just might have to start my weekend early might not be that close again for awhile.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well we are sitting at the J in Carlisle. Did a run into Jersey that dropped this morning. After a couple of mediocre offers running north along the coast, we decided to head to Carlisle. Just do'nt want to pay all those wonderfull tolls thru New England.

Yuck...My personal twilight zone.:eek:...never in 9 years ever got a load outta that area...:cool:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wed morning I get a call….”hey, got a run for ya, picking up in Tawas,MI….” Well I ‘Tawas asleep, “send it”.

I was early for pickup, so I decided to stop at Burger King for morning coffee. I was greeted with, “Welcome to Tawas Burger King”…..What is it now? I said…..”Huh?” was the reply from the little young gal…. “You said Welcome to Tawas Burger King, so what do you call it now?” I can have fun with this!

After I picked up load, I was waiting for the traffic to get moving, while I was in the Obama Zone. I saw this young man standing beside a very large pile of……In the middle of this pile was a sign that read

Tawas Sand, couldn’t help myself. “Hey, what do you call it now?” What do I call what now? The sign says Tawas Sand, what is it now? ….Huh?

The next Obama Zone, there were two guys out in front of the Tawas auto repair and bait shop. Now this could really be fun! Both had a cup of coffee, both had dirty rags hanging out their back pockets, both had a very large lump in one cheek. Hum, chewing and drinking coffee at the same time. I thought only those “good ol’boys” from Mississippi could pull that off. Well, I started hearing the northern version of Deliverance going through my head, so I drove on…..

In Fort Wayne now for the night....8th out whoohoo! So I Tawas in Michagan now I'm in Fort Wayne.....

aileron

Expert Expediter
something came up and JuJu will be home till mid October and then she'll be out....yeah I 4got the remote for the AC....shesh sux getting old...*LOL*

Oh, no problem, helps you exercise a bit more. Instead of pressing the button, you have to get up and press the button. We don't get enough exercise anyway.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wed morning I get a call….”hey, got a run for ya, picking up in Tawas,MI….” Well I ‘Tawas asleep, “send it”.

I was early for pickup, so I decided to stop at Burger King for morning coffee. I was greeted with, “Welcome to Tawas Burger King”…..What is it now? I said…..”Huh?” was the reply from the little young gal…. “You said Welcome to Tawas Burger King, so what do you call it now?” I can have fun with this!

After I picked up load, I was waiting for the traffic to get moving, while I was in the Obama Zone. I saw this young man standing beside a very large pile of……In the middle of this pile was a sign that read

Tawas Sand, couldn’t help myself. “Hey, what do you call it now?” What do I call what now? The sign says Tawas Sand, what is it now? ….Huh?

The next Obama Zone, there were two guys out in front of the Tawas auto repair and bait shop. Now this could really be fun! Both had a cup of coffee, both had dirty rags hanging out their back pockets, both had a very large lump in one cheek. Hum, chewing and drinking coffee at the same time. I thought only those “good ol’boys” from Mississippi could pull that off. Well, I started hearing the northern version of Deliverance going through my head, so I drove on…..

In Fort Wayne now for the night....8th out whoohoo! So I Tawas in Michagan now I'm in Fort Wayne.....

You need some hometime....Michigan is bad for your mind!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

Are you at the wonderful fort wayne truck plaza? surrounded my lot lizards and strip clubs BTW Liberty Diner across the street next to Motel 6 has good food

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you at the wonderful fort wayne truck plaza? surrounded my lot lizards and strip clubs BTW Liberty Diner across the street next to Motel 6 has good food

Don't have to tell Eddie that...the Bull Pen there is his home away from home...*LOL*