August Location

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
eddie, stop by. we are in front in the blue van but right now in the restaurant avoiding the grass cutting. last booth before the waitress station.

Looks like I missed ya. Got a load late in the day. Had to get going....Good thing to, folks there just can't drive in the rain. I-85 south had 4 accidents within 1/2 mile. Then a box truck had a fire on his right rear in front of me. Made pickup with 5 min to spare....:)

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
last nites rain? that was bad. we drove thru it from henderson. amazing at the number of folks doing 70, in the rain and spray, with their flashers on.:eek:

ummmmmm steak and salmon for 2. ummmmmmmm yum.

Last edited:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We're just north of Ft. Worth, TX. We delivered in Arlington this afternoon and are probably here for the weekend.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Brooks, KY (South Louisville).
Load here on Monday and will head for the expediting abyss called Miami, then deadhead home.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Kentucky State Fair so we are considering doing the taxi thing and checking it out.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Bangkok, Thailand and all points north up to Laos & Cambodia border. First chance to stop and relax since arriving. Weather, food, business all great here...thay seem to have more doubles than rgular semis and 97% are COEs. Four more days of business then two to relax before heading back to the states.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
For the time being i am in service in Toledo Oh after a week off, which was about 3 days too long, if you have a 15 y/o daughter at home you will understand.....:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Short run...DH from toledo to Upper Sandusky, deliver to South Bend Ind....then on the the "J" in Gary Ind...

hz909

Seasoned Expediter
Headed to Clarksville, AR. It was suppose to be an a.m. delivery tomorrow, but I found a phone number for the consignee and they're going to wait after hours for my arrival. They were surprised I was going to be able to make it down so early.

I don't care much for sitting while loaded. Or even sitting when not loaded...unless it's the weekend.

I'll be back home in KC in time to get a good night's rest and, hopefully, keep rollin' tomorrow.

Hopefully.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in South Bend Ind. Dh'd to the "J" in Gary...dispatch just called , bidding on a run to Ark..i'll eat dinner and wait and see...

hz909

Seasoned Expediter
On the way to Arkansas, I scored a run picking up tomorrow early a.m. in St Joe, MO delivering to Wchita Falls, TX. Then I'll head back to KC.

It's pretty rare that I have this much lead time on a pick-up.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Well we're back at the Temple J. Our run canceled after we waited a bit, not happy, but what can you do.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
That sux....I am down the road in Newnan..at wally world might see ya for breakfast....

Come on over. Hell I'll even buy you coffee. Just wake us up if we're not up by 9, we're usually not early risers unless we have a load. You know I gotta get my beauty sleep.