Auguasted Loads & Locations

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Move in day at Clemson. First year of off campus apartment housing. 4th floor, no elevator. I've gotten my exercise for the week.

View attachment 19296

Round two down in Columbia on Mon ....

View attachment 19297
Glad my son was at The Citadel. All he needed was socks and underwear. The uniform was furnished!!! Easy to buy Xmas too....new socks and underwear!!!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
$800 in locals, all yesterday.

Using my talents to help an old scrapper go thru his collection of lawn mowers, trimmers, tractors, rvs and vehicles

So far got 2 lawn mowers and a stihl trimmer out of it. We're trading off and he's building some garage storage shelves for free so I can dump the storage unit.

Beautiful weather to get all those projects done I've been putting off. And even better working 1 day a week.

Basically I retired in 2015 I guess :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
Question for all of you expediter veterans; as a contractor, being in business for yourself, and getting paid on a 1099, do we need to set up an LLC or get a business license?

I was watching a live stream from a guy that calls himself the "Truckers Coach" (real name James Poat), and he says that paying drivers on a 1099 is illegal, and then someone posted that contractors should have an LLC or business license to be working a 1099 properly...

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Question for all of you expediter veterans; as a contractor, being in business for yourself, and getting paid on a 1099, do we need to set up an LLC or get a business license?

I was watching a live stream from a guy that calls himself the "Truckers Coach" (real name James Poat), and he says that paying drivers on a 1099 is illegal, and then someone posted that contractors should have an LLC or business license to be work a 1099 properly...

Short answer...No & No
Longer answer...it depends

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Wow, a couple of years ago, I would of "ate up" this deal from the J App.
$5 off a whole pizza, multi use coupon o_O
Like you, I consider what food is good or bad for my weight and health. January 2015 was my last taste of Pizza. But, there was a day when I would/could eat a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese while drinking beers, which is another favorite that is gone from my life.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

I was watching a live stream from a guy that calls himself the "Truckers Coach" (real name James Poat), and he says that paying drivers on a 1099 is illegal, and then someone posted that contractors should have an LLC or business license to be working a 1099 properly...
LLC can make sense as a protective way to do business but not necessary. I would say that the majority of us are paid via 1099. All that being said you really should consult an account in your state. Look at some of the local gas stations around Decatur for the name on local trucks, dump trucks, etc. Call their office, explain that you are looking for a reference for an account. Why, because you want an accountant that understands trucking.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
d7ea82c32db120688b74b67562e8499c.jpg