Auguasted Loads & Locations

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really need to upgrade my old wimpy computer.

I tried to download the latest maps for my Garmin last night, but ran in to a hard drive space issue.
It's been a while since I ran into this problem before. My desktop computer has a whopping 75GB Hard drive :rolleyes:
I only had 2 GB's available and needed at least 10 GB's free. So I had to delete a bunch of stuff, fortunately I got it done with 8.5 GB's free.

I'm stubborn on a complete upgrade (despite the Windows 7 updates coming to a end), mostly because I have programs I like that will not run on a newer system.
More likely and simplest option, I will just transfer large stuff to a external drive in the mean time...more band aids :JC-hysterical:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
d7ea82c32db120688b74b67562e8499c.jpg
Sure are getting bored in retirement

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last Tuesday: SC to Spring Hill, TN. Sat until Thursday afternoon, then went to Memphis to stage for a long run to Maryland. Saturday morning, Dulles to Charlotte to deliver an airplane part. After that, a room due to the heat.

This Monday (two days ago): SC to Michigan, then yesterday and today, MI to SD. Now in Rapid City.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This merry-go-round has a mind of its own lately. Dropped load at 06:00 (local) thought about a nap. Nope, nyet, nada....pick up by March AFB and 1400 miles heading up to Tacoma. Teams Rule.

Let me Correct your Team statement...
Your Wife's Team driving Ability Rules ...
You constantly sleeping in Back ...Drools ..

Sent from my SM-G975U using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Let me Correct your Team statement...
Your Wife's Team driving Ability Rules ...
You constantly sleeping in Back ...Drools ..

Sent from my SM-G975U using EO Forums mobile app
It's knot my fault I can't drive past midnight without falling asleep . Caused by years of my body being conditioned to fall asleep when the Bourbon bottle was empty

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm, last night at home I thought the food in my refrigerator seemed a little more warmer then usually when I made dinner.
I took my thermometer from the freezer and put it in the fridge. This morning it read 65F o_O
I turned up the temperature setting, hopefully that works. Seems like this happened before, so hopefully its not broke.
Worse case, instead of repairing or replacing, I'm thinking I'll just get a large studio fridge. I really don't need a full size refrigerator anyways :rolleyes:

Reactions: Hummer53

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hmmm, last night at home I thought the food in my refrigerator seemed a little more warmer then usually when I made dinner.
I took my thermometer from the freezer and put it in the fridge. This morning it read 65F o_O
I turned up the temperature setting, hopefully that works. Seems like this happened before, so hopefully its not broke.
Worse case, instead of repairing or replacing, I'm thinking I'll just get a large studio fridge. I really don't need a full size refrigerator anyways :rolleyes:
139757.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After I got back to the house no temperature change with the refrigerator

Freezer works but not the fridge. It came with the house.
From what I gather it may cost $300-$400 to repair. I finally found a date on it, it's 16 years old
I can get a brand new one for $500 on sale. So not going to put any money into it. From a tip, I'm defrosting it. Will see if I get a magic fix

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After a night of defrosting the refrigerator, gave it a good clean up and plugged it back in and...Nothing.
Well crap haha. About 15mins later the freezer fan started blowing (but that worked before).
After a hour, Fridge temp down from 74F to 40F and freezer dropped it's 1st load of ice. Cool, literally lol.

Will it last or die again? TBD.
Will keep my Coleman plug in Fridge/Cooler running on stand by.
I'm so glad I had it available ;)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
After a night of defrosting the refrigerator, gave it a good clean up and plugged it back in and...Nothing.
Well crap haha. About 15mins later the freezer fan started blowing (but that worked before).
After a hour, Fridge temp down from 74F to 40F and freezer dropped it's 1st load of ice. Cool, literally lol.

Will it last or die again? TBD.
Will keep my Coleman plug in Fridge/Cooler running on stand by.
I'm so glad I had it available ;)

I have AHS (American Homeshield). When my refrigerator went on the blitz last year they came out and put in a new motor. It’s 18 years old and still works great.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well this has not been a great home stand. 1st the refrigerator and now the lawn mower :rolleyes:
Decided to cut most of the grass, then went to finish a part the hardly needed cutting...
and the pull cord breaks off :rolleyes:

Not a huge problem, I've replaced it before.
Get it all took a part to get to the recoil part and WTH?

The last time it broke, I needed some other work done on it. So I had the local shop fix it all up and replace the pull cord.
What I found was they replaced the screws on the recoil unit with rivets o_O
No clue why they did this. Nice way to create repeat business :confused:

I wasn't even going to try and mess with this. So I'll drop it off tomorrow, with some questions for them :mad:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well this has not been a great home stand. 1st the refrigerator and now the lawn mower :rolleyes:
Decided to cut most of the grass, then went to finish a part the hardly needed cutting...
and the pull cord breaks off :rolleyes:

Not a huge problem, I've replaced it before.
Get it all took a part to get to the recoil part and WTH?

The last time it broke, I needed some other work done on it. So I had the local shop fix it all up and replace the pull cord.
What I found was they replaced the screws on the recoil unit with rivets o_O
No clue why they did this. Nice way to create repeat business :confused:

I wasn't even going to try and mess with this. So I'll drop it off tomorrow, with some questions for them :mad:
Truly fortunate that my Expediting career and move to a 55+ community happened at the same time. $120 HMO fee covers both lawn mowing and snow removal. Plus pool, clubhouse, etc. The only downside is being surrounded by old people. That and rules and rules about reading the rules.