Auguasted Loads & Locations

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope not camping. Going home empty turns this from a spectacular rate to an average one, but it was a great trip.

So many people never venture far from home their entire lives, and if they do, its some other country. Made me glad to live in Ontario again. (Sorry Manitoba / Saskatchewan I like my rocky forests)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When cords fail...

Over the last couple of months, I've had 3 devices that were having connecting and or charging issues.
I thought the units were going bad. Turns out it was the cords I've been using that needed replacement.
I guess I got so focused on the unit being the issue, I couldn't see past that.

I bought a new upgraded fire stick, only to have the same issues. Turns out it was my HDMI extension cord that was the problem.
This actually worked out good, besides having a upgraded stick, I can keep one at home and one for the van. Don't have to worry about leaving home without it :)

My vaping unit kept losing connection while charging if I moved it. I thought it was the units connection port. Nope, new charging cord fixed that.

Finally, after dealing with the same issues with my iphone for far too long, I bought a good quality USB charging/connection cord the other day.
Magically, it works perfectly now :rolleyes:

Sometimes the answer to problems is much easier, if you look out side the box ;)

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
So we got our hazmat (finger print) letters back inside of a week. However, it looks as though Alabama only does hazmat testing by appointment, and there are no appointments available till mid September or earlu October.

Reactions: Moot

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So we got our hazmat (finger print) letters back inside of a week. However, it looks as though Alabama only does hazmat testing by appointment, and there are no appointments available till mid September or earlu October.
I know on renewal of the hazmat background it can be done any state. I know that for a new endorsement but would it work in your case. Might be something to look into.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Well that is bitter sweet. That seems odd for such a long wait to test. Isn't it just a written or computer screen test at this point?
Or is there more involved?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see you are optimistic about getting your hazmat endorsements. The truck on your new logo is sporting placard holders.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We'll know more on Monday, as we plan to be at the DMV to see if we can take the 10-min test or not.
Stay on them! I can't believe it could take a month or more to take a simple test. Alabama can't be as backward as a progressive state like Minnesota. A couple of years ago Minnesota tried to put into place a system called MNLARS (Minnesota License And Registration System). After several failures and over 100 million dollars it was scraped for new system proven to work in 14 states at cost of 33.9 million dollars. I'm not sure, but I would guess that those 14 other states are probably not blue states.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I went into a panic, I think I broke my van o_O

I moved from the Walmart Inn to El Casa J.
Backed into my spot, set the parking brake and turned off the van.
Immediately after turning it off, I remembered I wanted the A/C still on, so I turned the key back on...nothing happened :oops:
I'm thinking I screwed something up by immediately trying to restart it.

Then I try to remove the key, it would not release the key, banged on the console a few times...WTH?
I go out and raise the hood, looking for I don't know what haha.
Damn, I'm going to need a tow! Should I ask EO if this has ever happened to anyone before?
The key turns on the console lights, and power, but will not start or release the key :oops:

Then it happened, the power was off, but I notice a light still on at the gear selector.

Illuminated, for my embarrassment was the letter R,

Yup, I turned it off in reverse :rolleyes:

facepalm-600x480.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I went into a panic, I think I broke my van o_O

I moved from the Walmart Inn to El Casa J.
Backed into my spot, set the parking brake and turned off the van.
Immediately after turning it off, I remembered I wanted the A/C still on, so I turned the key back on...nothing happened :oops:
I'm thinking I screwed something up by immediately trying to restart it.

Then I try to remove the key, it would not release the key, banged on the console a few times...WTH?
I go out and raise the hood, looking for I don't know what haha.
Damn, I'm going to need a tow! Should I ask EO if this has ever happened to anyone before?
The key turns on the console lights, and power, but will not start or release the key :oops:

Then it happened, the power was off, but I notice a light still on at the gear selector.

Illuminated, for my embarrassment was the letter R,

Yup, I turned it off in reverse :rolleyes:

View attachment 19277
At least you didn't attempt to fix it for 2 hours like I did

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
We'll know more on Monday, as we plan to be at the DMV to see if we can take the 10-min test or not.

So, better than testing the Alabama DMV system, we managed to find a testing facility in Alabama (west) that had open appointments today. So, a 128mi. round trip road tour is in store for my wife and I as we head over to Sheffield, AL to:

1. Take endorsement tests; me at 2PM and her at 2:30PM
2. Picture for the new license
3. Convert that new license to the New "Star" ID which will be required in Alabama by Oct 2020 anyway

Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A li’l slow last week but not horrible.

Monday: inside-PA shortie
Tuesday: PA to Daytona Beach FL
Wednesday: met Phil and Diane at their gym. Didn’t sign up because we weren’t ready to lock into a contract. NOT the Madsens ’ fault; we just had a bit of nerves over it.
Thursday: Down the coast a smidge to a Coast Guard station for a load, but it turned into a TONU due to dims being incorrect. We did leave the Station, though, with a very favorable impression of the USCG . Professionalism and dedication, yup, they have it!
Friday: FL to SC.

Now at the J in Summerville. Cold inside, but hotter ‘n’ hades outside

Decided to ask the peeps for logos; looks more professional, and hopefully as legit as the company and we really are. In a yellow van, every little bit of that helps

IMG_0444.JPG
View attachment 19280

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums