Auguasted Loads & Locations

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First Saskatchewan delivered. Its furniture, they asked if id assemble it too

Managed not to crash when I crossed I Manitoba and my view was suddenly a fish eye lens (man it's FLAT!)

Debated putting on cruise control and going in the back to sleep. It's not like I would have had to turn or anything. The highways are more or less point to point

Beautiful scenery. I've been educated that to exit the west upper side of my home province takes 24 hours of driving.

(Yes I slept not a straight thru :p)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last del 6 hours north :dead:

Freight alerts out from Edmonton Alberta to Wisconsin, Chicago etc and all in between. Unfortunately the $1+ a mile bid would probably rule out all but our internal bid board, and to score on that, all the other
drivers would have to say no first (union)

It would take less time to swim in the Pacific than to go home, I'm 3 quarters there already
Screenshot_20190808-141641_Maps.jpg

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last del 6 hours north :dead:

Freight alerts out from Edmonton Alberta to Wisconsin, Chicago etc and all in between. Unfortunately the $1+ a mile bid would probably rule out all but our internal bid board, and to score on that, all the other
drivers would have to say no first (union)

It would take less time to swim in the Pacific than to go home, I'm 3 quarters there already
View attachment 19264

Again, I'd go to Saskatoon. There's freight that comes out of there. How close are you?

Reactions: brokcanadian

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Here's a new game called "spot the grasshoppers"

Hint: speed limit is 70 mph

View attachment 19265

Edit: sounded like hail
1565310911898.jpeg

spot-the-looney-01.jpg

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's where I'll park. 3-4 hours after my last drop. Thanks for the advice if I end up going home empty it's on my way

(Grabbing 8 hours sleep at least)

Going home empty ... ?? Ese loco ..!!?

I've mentioned this before, I haven't taken a load into or out of CA in about 3-4 yrs. Since the exchange rate became unfavorable. But when I was going north of the border, Saskatoon was pretty good. I've gotten booked out of Minot to pickup in Saskatoon & take it back to the states; all miles paid. Snagged a load on a Sat. while up there. Go to the J and hang out for a bit, something will come along.

Unless you're picky ... like I gotta go home picky :rolleyes:

And for heaven's sake, don't be bashful with the price! Look at were the nearest other vehicles are. Put US dollars on that bid, not that worthless paper you got up there ;)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All done. First two were off in an hour, last one was 6 hours north.

One crazy law here, you have to slow down to 40 mph on the highway passing an emergency vehicle at the side of the road or $150 fine.

Gonna give it tomorrow and get some sleep in Saskatoon. Yes I'm crazy enough to drive home empty if nothing shows up by Friday night :tongueclosed:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All done. First two were off in an hour, last one was 6 hours north.

One crazy law here, you have to slow down to 40 mph on the highway passing an emergency vehicle at the side of the road or $150 fine.

Gonna give it tomorrow and get some sleep in Saskatoon. Yes I'm crazy enough to drive home empty if nothing shows up by Friday night :tongueclosed:

Yep, you're crazy ....
I'm stingy ... I'd put out the big bait & wait for that whale.

Reactions: brokcanadian

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped off yesterday morning in Nashville Georgia. Needing some rest and facing a 95F day with a heat index over 100F, I checked into a motel.
1st time I've been in a motel in a couple of years. Got some well needed R&R.
Back in service, hoping for something today. If not TBD what I do :rolleyes:

Either way, it beats the other trip option I had to... Brooklyn New York :vomit:
Yeah, didn't want that. Been there, done that.
Someone else can have it :cool:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped off yesterday morning in Nashville Georgia. Needing some rest and facing a 95F day with a heat index over 100F, I checked into a motel.
1st time I've been in a motel in a couple of years. Got some well needed R&R.
Back in service, hoping for something today. If not TBD what I do :rolleyes:

Either way, it beats the other trip option I had to... Brooklyn New York :vomit:
Yeah, didn't want that. Been there, done that.
Someone else can have it :cool:
Brooklyn isn't a big deal to me anymore. Try living in a house with 5 females