Are youship.com haulers on crack ?

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Who in the heck hauls at the rates I see on you ship MY GOD ! SOme guy is bidding $200 for a king bed, dresser, and 10 boxes from chicago to austin, tx !!! MY GOD !

Thats nothing some guy is willing to haul a car from NY. NY to Seatlle for $350 INSANE !

LOL maybe the items never arrive who knows and then even funnier are the shippers they wait and wait for a low bid like .01 less LOL

Thank god we are a smart bunch on here to avoid those bs loads.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank god we are a smart bunch on here to avoid those bs loads.

I runb real hard average speed is about 85 / 90 .

I know I run to fast but heck I always have cb on , bird dogs alert, and gps ready and never run half asleep . I always run wide awake.

Yeah, thank God!

"Going 90 I ain't scary
cause I got the Virgin Mary
assuring me that I won't go to hell...

I don't care if it rains or freezes

as long as I got a plastic Jesus
sitting on the dashboard of my car
comes in colors pink and pleasant
glows in the dark cause its iridescent
take it with you when you travel far."

Plastic Jesus

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I didn't read the thread with those quotes so I don't know if they're totally accurate or not but have no reason to believe otherwise. IF that's true and 85/90 is common there should be a gigantic sign on the box and tattoo on the forehead Idiotic Trucking Inc. call us when you don't want intelligent or sensible. Sorry to be so blunt, and that goes for anyone driving at those speeds, but you are a menace that shouldn't be allowed a license. When you kill someone we'll be sure and tell the survivors it's ok they're dead because you had bird dogs and cb and wide awake. :( :confused: :(

transporter

Expert Expediter
ldb you should thank him a little because csa2010 will be grading you against your pears. so after he crashes and his tickets you will look pretty good.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
What a total fool for running at those speeds. I hope your own family isn't out there and encounters someone with your thinking. I am assuming this is a BS post.
As for $200 dollar loads on UShip, that likely will get a load picked up. Once again, only the fool would think it would actually make it to its destination.
Pickup on Monday, on Craigslist by Tuesday.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Could be unless his crash involves me or my family or my friends or my friends' families which would be the worst case but no case is going to be good, especially when it's avoidable with no more than average intelligence and human decency to consider one's actions aren't affecting just you.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some of them could be guys filling in space in an LTL box but yes, some of them do seem insanely low.

transporter

Expert Expediter
come down ldb he cant be that stupid. he is just tryng to mess with people. if he got 2 tickets at that speed no insurance company would touch him.

i ran into a guy with a beatup sprinter with trailer hauling bike off uship he said he bidseather 200 or 250 per bike no matter where it was going 300--2700 miles same price he bragged about underbidding people

transporter

Expert Expediter
another thing about uship the drivers are not professional. most are just a guy with a pickup. some are already going in that dirrection for what ever reason and are happy with gas money

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
another thing about uship the drivers are not professional. most are just a guy with a pickup. some are already going in that dirrection for what ever reason and are happy with gas money

Ever see a group of migrant workers traveling after harvest?

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
What I find intriguing is that it is an average of 85/90. Slow down to 70 in the work zone and 50 in the school zones and what's it take to make up for lost ground.

eb

Brisco

Expert Expediter
What a total fool for running at those speeds. I hope your own family isn't out there and encounters someone with your thinking. I am assuming this is a BS post.

What?? You didn't catch this the other day??:D

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/truck-talk/39188-gvw-ford-e350.html

Hell, it'd been weeks since I posted. But for some reason I had to post in that thread that night!!

As far as uship.....I think it's funny to see it being brought up every couple of months by someone who "just ran across it". Uship has been a joke for years amongst us "real Truckers". :p

Going back into hibernation for now.............

I see Turtle over-stepped on someones toes again and ****ed 'em off. Same old fight, same NAME involved. But yet that same name gets "honors and accolades" from others on this board. Dumbfounding, that's all............

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If one uses Uship properly one CAN make some bucks at it...

Many of these carry multiple cars at one time...they plan a route and set-up the timing...Imagine a flatbed of motorcycles to Sturgis for 300 a pop and you have 5-8 cycles a load...peanuts now? Sometimes them trailer haulers will arrange a back load just to cover some of the DH back to Indiana....that is smart...

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
If one uses Uship properly one CAN make some bucks at it...

Many of these carry multiple cars at one time...they plan a route and set-up the timing...Imagine a flatbed of motorcycles to Sturgis for 300 a pop and you have 5-8 cycles a load...peanuts now? Sometimes them trailer haulers will arrange a back load just to cover some of the DH back to Indiana....that is smart...

I've had 12 on my 30 footer!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Uship can be good if you use it right. I've hauled motorcycles, dogs, cats, and a golf cart in my Sprinter. All were used for relocation money instead of deadheading somewhere. One time I was down in Laredo with about 25 other vans and there was someone on there wanting a puppy transported from San Antonio to Dallas. I did it for $200 and got a good load out of Dallas when I got there. Beat deadheading up there and the puppy was a good companion for the day.

Reactions: 1 person