Are you a Gamer?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
If you haven't tried Darkness II .... you should :)

absolutely awesome game.

The new Ghost Recon is out on Tuesday :p

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After building a gaming computer for my 16 yr old at Christmas, he rarely turns on his XBOX.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
CNET - Scott Stein

Xbox throws down gauntlet to Apple TV (and Wii U) at E3​

The Xbox's latest features are clearly aimed at making the Xbox 360 more living-room entertainment-friendly, which sets up a big showdown with Apple

Will the future of the living room come to a Microsoft-Apple throwdown? It's certainly looking like it.

LOS ANGELES--Microsoft's SmartGlass app for tablets is fascinating not just because it adds a second screen to the Xbox 360, but also because it's platform-agnostic: it'll work on Android or an iPad, it seems, just as easily as Windows. Add in Internet Explorer for the Xbox 360 and a bevy of new entertainment video apps, and it's pretty clear: the Xbox 360 is ready to take on Apple TV.

I guessed as much as far as Windows 8 on a next-gen Xbox several months ago, but it looks like Microsoft's essentially providing some of that Windows 8 experience without installing Windows 8. A smartphone or a tablet can control Web browsing or second-screen entertainment, in ways that seem reminiscent of the ways that an iPad or iPhone can work with an Apple TV.

Add in the Kinect -- which, in a lot of ways, functions like the much-rumored Siri for Apple TV -- and you have a platform that's ready to go as a very valid competitor. Heck, forget competitor: Apple's going to have to play a little catch-up.

I do have doubts as to second-screen content: Disney's Second Screen and HBO Go's enhanced interactivity for shows like "Game of Thrones" haven't been killer apps. But, it depends on the content that comes down the pike.

This second-screen strategy also brings up the question: has Microsoft just stolen some of the thunder from the Wii U, the way that the Kinect stole thunder from the Wii's motion controls? And will 2012 turn out to be the Year of the Second Screen after all?

Stay tuned

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Anybody see the Gears of War 3 trike Paul Jr. built on American Chopper? Sick!

D

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Nope, but I did see senior driving a chopper in Milford, CT last week. He turned left right in front of me pretty cool

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Ghost Recon Future Soldier was a bust for me - IMO it did not live up to all previous GR's. It was good, not great.

So we (I) now look forward to .....

Darksiders II - August 14

Bioshock has moved from October 2012 to 2/26/13

But my game of the year (hopefully lol) will be the new Rainbow :)

Rainbow 6 Patriots (1/1/13)

followed very closely by Gears of War Judgment due out in 2013

Another Fav is Dead Space .... Dead Space III is also due out in 2013

:p

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Huge Congrats to my son who has moved from Codemasters to Rebellion ...... where they make games that I actually play ROFL

One proud Mum :p

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Eve online is one of my favs !! But I got homeworld2 to run on my laptop and I just got boarderlands 2 for my ps3 and so far it's good.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't take my PS3 on the road yet but my current favorite is Resident Evil 4 HD, I've played through this one so many times and imo the best of the RE series. 5 really lost the magic and is still sitting on the side line to be finished. Don't know if i will try 6 as Capcom has totally lost its way with this series and some fans in the process. Funny, I tried to recapture the magic of RE2 (which was my all time favorite until I played it on PS3) but that's like going back and playing Tecmo Bowl compared to todays standards.

MLB 12 The Show & Madden NFL 13 I just love and cant get enough of.

Honorable mentions when I'm not playing the above:
Batman Arkham Asylum- pretty sweet game.
Grand Theft auto IV- total mayhem, I actually thought it was tournament racing game haha.
SSX
All Stars WWF/WWE
Little Big planet- I play this with my daughter :)