Are you a Gamer?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Anyone out there enjoy video games?
Finished Black op's - what a useless Call of Duty that was, always the same when Treyarch make it.
Roll on next year when Infinity Ward make the next on

Just heard on TV that it is one of the best selling electronic gifts for men this year..
Also found this the other day and thought ya might be intested in how much gamers pumped into the market just on 1 game :eek:

‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ Videogame Tops $1 Billion In Sales - Oliver Chiang - SelectStart - Forbes

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Just heard on TV that it is one of the best selling electronic gifts for men this year..
Also found this the other day and thought ya might be intested in how much gamers pumped into the market just on 1 game :eek:

‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ Videogame Tops $1 Billion In Sales - Oliver Chiang - SelectStart - Forbes

Thanks for that - Loved the way you said "for men this year" :D

What I have noticed, from my friends list on xbox, is that the folks who got the game when it was first released are now starting to go back onto their other games. Always a sign that the game is not compelling.

Black Op's is the first COD that I have ever traded in.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for that - Loved the way you said "for men this year" :D

What I have noticed, from my friends list on xbox, is that the folks who got the game when it was first released are now starting to go back onto their other games. Always a sign that the game is not compelling.

Black Op's is the first COD that I have ever traded in.

LOL thats the way they reported it on TV this morning,, For Men...
Not Compelling?? How is it possible 1 billion dollars can be so wrong in just over a month. I havnt played it yet so I gotta take your word for it.
Just wish I could have got that disc from ya for play it again prices...

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
LOL thats the way they reported it on TV this morning,, For Men...
Not Compelling?? How is it possible 1 billion dollars can be so wrong in just over a month. I havnt played it yet so I gotta take your word for it.
Just wish I could have got that disc from ya for play it again prices...

Ppl tend to buy cos of the name and I think Peer pressure too.
So yes, I expected it to be a hot game, but its the endurance of the game that proves if its a good one or not.

Ppl that would normally play the campaign (like me :p) before going on mp are the one's that were sorely disappointed.

COD has always had good campaigns, but seems more and more that the games today are perfected not for the core players anymore, but the mainstream.
Until they sort out the gliches in the COD games, (always amazes me that the kids can find them so quickly and easily), mp is very frustrating.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Oh dear now I'm in a bit of a pickle.....

Dead Space 2 AND Two Worlds 2 are out on the same day :eek: (Jan 25)

Which one to choose first?? :confused:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
BBC News

Before you run out and get the Kinect .....

Kinect blamed for 'red ring of death' Xbox 360 failures

Owners of Microsoft's Xbox gaming console have blamed its new Kinect hands-free controller of causing their consoles to fail.

Console owners told the BBC that their machines crashed shortly after plugging in Kinect.

Kinect allows gamers to control onscreen action with body movements.

Microsoft has denied any link between Kinect and the three flashing light error signal, known as the "red ring of death".

more on this story
BBC News - Kinect blamed for 'red ring of death' Xbox 360 failures

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Woohoo, my youngest just received an offer of employment from Codemasters in the UK (they make the driving video games) :D

He will be starting in the QA department Feb 7

:D:D

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
BBC New

Assassin's Creed leads Bafta video game nominations

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood leads the way with seven nominations for this year's video game Baftas.

Call of Duty: Black Ops and Heavy Rain each have six nods with Mass Effect 2 on five and LIMBO and Super Mario Galaxy 2 with four each.

In total 44 games are recognised this year with the awards ceremony taking place on Wednesday 16 March in London.

The majority of the winners are chosen by industry figures with one category voted for by the public.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is up for action, artistic achievement, best game, gameplay, multiplayer, technical innovation and use of audio.

Other nominated games across the 16 categories include DJ Hero 2, Fable III, Football Manager 2011, Gran Turismo 5 and Plant vs. Zombies XBLA.

In the social network game category Bejeweled Blitz will take on Farmerama, Fifa Superstars, My Empire, Zoo Mumba, and Zuma Blitz.

Bafta has been handing out awards to the gaming industry since 1998.

The video game awards became a separate event in 2004.

See the full nomination list at Bafta's website

Pirate2X

Active Expediter
Okay, so after reading these forums off and on for a year or so, time to register and post :p.
My wife and I recently got the 360 w/ Kinect. Of course we do not use the kinect in the truck but it was a lot of fun getting my mom up and bouncing around last time we visited HAHA!
We do like the Xbox Live, but are getting distraught at trying to connect to truck stop internet. How are you guys pulling that off? I tether my Droid to my laptop for internet, unlimited plan FTW! All the research I have done says I cannot do that with the Xbox. No big deal there, I can just subscribe to the truckstops, however, I cannot figure out how to get it to see the connection and allow me to sign in to Xbox Live.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Pirate2X

Active Expediter
Yeah I read that. Not really wanting to root my phone. But I have kept the idea as an option. Worried about bricking it, no phone means no loads, can't have that!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Original Droids can be unbricked as long as you back up the files before you root.

fired at you from my Droideka

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Just had a thought. Tether your laptop and turn it into a wifi hotspot....

fired at you from my Droideka

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Okay, so after reading these forums off and on for a year or so, time to register and post :p.
My wife and I recently got the 360 w/ Kinect. Of course we do not use the kinect in the truck but it was a lot of fun getting my mom up and bouncing around last time we visited HAHA!
We do like the Xbox Live, but are getting distraught at trying to connect to truck stop internet. How are you guys pulling that off? I tether my Droid to my laptop for internet, unlimited plan FTW! All the research I have done says I cannot do that with the Xbox. No big deal there, I can just subscribe to the truckstops, however, I cannot figure out how to get it to see the connection and allow me to sign in to Xbox Live.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

We use Verizon mobile - when in a "good" area it is ok, but it will never be as good for online play as hardwired.
Lag does not make for good gaming :(

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
got the new asus gaming laptop 1.5gig of ddr5 memory mobile video card with 8gigs of memory on the board i7 2630qm 2.0
G73SW model
:eek::cool::rolleyes:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I give up....im getting bored. Anyone recommend a good online free game? Or a game I can buy. I really like stragedy games and like "city building" games. I tried all the simcity games but got bored with it after a while.

Pirate2X

Active Expediter
ChrisGA23, have you tried the Age of Empires/Empire Earth line of games? I used to play them and enjoyed them very much. Not sure what has come out for them in the last couple years. Also, maybe the Civilization line, like Civ 3, Civ 4, etc.

On a side note, found out I can just tether my droid and use internet connection sharing to get my internet. Makes me happy, no bill :D.:D Going to work on that in the next few days. Not really interested in online gaming atm, but should work fine for game updates and chatting with some of the kids :eek: