Are you a Gamer?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Anyone out there enjoy video games?

Personally I am an avid xbox fan - had an xbox since the day the first one's came out :D

Got the xbox360 here on the road with us :p

Finished Black op's - what a useless Call of Duty that was, always the same when Treyarch make it.
Roll on next year when Infinity Ward make the next one

At the moment playing Assassins Creed 2 Brotherhood, I can't put down the controller LOL it is awesome.
Definitley THE best one so far.
It was announced the other day that AC3 will be out next year :D

Not sure about the xbox Kinect - bouncing around inside the Sprinter might look a bit odd from the outside :rolleyes:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I got hooked on gaming with the PC. Single player was ok, But after going on line my life as I knew it was gone for a few years.
Got hooked on the Mechwarrior games starting with Mech2 and every game after that. If I remember right it was like a bad drinking habit, Hard to stop,got locked into all the League play and found myself scheduling other things around online battles. To me, back then Mechwarrior and Battletech was all there was.. When online comms came into play the games even got better.
Heres the Intro to..
Mech 4,,
YouTube - Mechwarrior 4 Intro
Mech 5
YouTube - Mechwarrior 5 - Trailer HD

There was a lot of talk about a full blown movie on this game but corporate lawsuits put a end to it last I heard???
I also carry Xbox out here with me and at one time had a router to go truck to truck.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I also carry Xbox out here with me and at one time had a router to go truck to truck.

We have mobile Internet but it sucks for playing online.

What games do you have for xbox?

Assassins Creed is about the only RPG that I enjoy, usually I play FPS.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
We have mobile Internet but it sucks for playing online.

What games do you have for xbox?

Assassins Creed is about the only RPG that I enjoy, usually I play FPS.
I am using the original xbox in the truck and not the 360. I hear but dont know anything about the new 360 that it has some sort of air card built into it. I hear its a good connection,but again I dont know yet..(Hoping Santa brings one) Going truck to truck is pretty cool when are on layover somewhere, but ya need 2 disc's for each game ya wanna play.
I have a small pile here in truck,,Mechassualt2 Lonewolf,,Black,,
are the two I am playing most of and am stuck on the last mission of both of these games. Then of course theres others Brothers in Arms,,Medal of honor,,And most of the EA sport games. Also have Halo but cant grasp that game at all.I cant advance the game play at all..

hey slo ride at some point you and i fought lol i use to use a long bow with 120 lrm !:cool:
Dan,, So you where one of those campers with the missile boats off in the distance on top the hills I take it:D.
I liked running the Gargoyle or Argus mostly or anything with Auto cannons on em.
What servers did ya play on and what Clan and Screen name did ya run under. Most of my league play was thru the Microsoft servers while they where up and running then went to the MekTek servers as they about the only ones making patches and offering new maps.I played that game on dial-up and talk bout getting beat up.:eek:
Some of the best times where trying to get ahead on the scoring as for some reason with that game being able to whip on someone or another team just didn't seem fun..

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Never got in a clan but my screen name is the same now that it was back then "danthewolf" and I rarely sat on a hill lol those lil ankle biters always came after me.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
LOL
Ankle biters could get in close and fast and tear ya up before ya could get those missiles away.. The Madcat is what I used for missile boating when I had to hang back.LOL
The Gargoyle was no small mech.It was slow in moving and the missile boats really tore em up.
I just looked and there is still some activity on the MEKTEK site.Would be kinda fun to fire up the old desktop and try a game or two,its been a couple years since I played it.Wonder if the graphics and game play would seem out dated vs whats out today..

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Microsoft made a xbox game called cromehounds to replace mechwarrior which was cool but they no longer suport it online grrrrrrr

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Microsoft made a xbox game called cromehounds to replace mechwarrior which was cool but they no longer suport it online grrrrrrr

Complelty missed that game,never seen it. Was it put out just for the 360 console? Anything with mechs I gotta at least look at it.

LOL that one was fun :D:D

Is your Xbox set up with that air card or wi-fi connection,
If so how good does it work as far as game play.Is it a preety fast connection? Any lag involed & does that depend where ya are sitting?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Complelty missed that game,never seen it. Was it put out just for the 360 console? Anything with mechs I gotta at least look at it.

Yep that was out for xbox360, quite a while ago now though - you may still find a demo on Marketplace

Is your Xbox set up with that air card or wi-fi connection,
If so how good does it work as far as game play.Is it a preety fast connection? Any lag involed & does that depend where ya are sitting?

I have mobile internet - its not that good for mp and can drag the party down lag wise :(
But saying that, it can be dragged down even if you are hardwired, depending on who's party you are joining & where you live :D

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Yeah I understand how the lag works,, Ill look for that chomehounds at places like like play it again stores.Im sure if its not online much anymore some have traded em in.I like buying games for 10$ :D
Was wonder if your console has the built-in air card. Like the one below.And how good they are.
Xbox 4 GB Console with Kinect plus Kinect Sports - Buy from Microsoft Store

That would be a no I use the mobile wireless internet...... only got this 360 last year cos I had to leave mine in the UK, with all my games I might add :(
None of it would work over here - but I'm building my"library" of games back up - and like you said - the $10 section is good for that sort of thing LOL.

The Kinnect to me is very similar to the Wii (I used to have the Wii too) - all that jumping around and dancing ROFL - I don't think it is the ideal thing for inside the sprinter - in case anyone passing gets the wrong idea y'know ;)

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
That would be a no I use the mobile wireless internet...... only got this 360 last year cos I had to leave mine in the UK, with all my games I might add :(
None of it would work over here - but I'm building my"library" of games back up - and like you said - the $10 section is good for that sort of thing LOL.

The Kinnect to me is very similar to the Wii (I used to have the Wii too) - all that jumping around and dancing ROFL - I don't think it is the ideal thing for inside the sprinter - in case anyone passing gets the wrong idea y'know ;)

Wow to leave a game collection behind,,Sounds like ya had to leave in a hurry. Was it the Law? :eek:
(Im joking,,Im not even looking for ya to answer that..Im sure ya left better stuff behind then games when ya left the UK.)
I dont know alot bout the Kinnect other then it scans the user somehow some-why to recognize each player so I think the van wont have room for that anyways???

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Wow to leave a game collection behind,,Sounds like ya had to leave in a hurry. Was it the Law? :eek:
(Im joking,,Im not even looking for ya to answer that..Im sure ya left better stuff behind then games when ya left the UK.)
I dont know alot bout the Kinnect other then it scans the user somehow some-why to recognize each player so I think the van wont have room for that anyways???

ROFL - I'm still laughing reading that first paragraph :D

My soulmate and I decided it was time for us to settle down instead of flying back and forth :)

And you are probably right on the scan distance required for the Kinect - that would be even funnier than the van rocking wouldn't it - me outside the van jumping up & down!! ROFL

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
me outside the van jumping up & down!! ROFL

Most wont have a clue,,Most will think,,
Just another driver on the phone with dispatch...

Ya made mention that the the games or machines would not work here??? I understand maybe the power plug would be different but,,
Are the game disc's formatted different or something that they wont work here???

I remember being stationed in Germany the Electronic devices where wired for a different type of power or something but usually a switch built on the back took care of that.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Most wont have a clue,,Most will think,,
Just another driver on the phone with dispatch...

Ya made mention that the the games or machines would not work here??? I understand maybe the power plug would be different but,,
Are the game disc's formatted different or something that they wont work here???

I remember being stationed in Germany the Electronic devices where wired for a different type of power or something but usually a switch built on the back took care of that.

LOL :p

The games are indeed Country formatted (as are DVD's, don't get me started on how many of them I left LOL) and of course the power supply is different also.

But ... if I had used my noggin, I could have brought the hard drive with me, which would have meant all my saves would be there - oops :eek:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
If there wasnt video games I wouldnt know what I would do. When I got nothing to do I play games to kill time. I have a xbox360 at home but dont get played much so I play games on the laptop. Right now this game I found a couple months ago named 911 First Responders is occupying my time alot lately.

For the people with gaming consoles. How do you power it and what size tv's do you have?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
If there wasnt video games I wouldnt know what I would do. When I got nothing to do I play games to kill time. I have a xbox360 at home but dont get played much so I play games on the laptop. Right now this game I found a couple months ago named 911 First Responders is occupying my time alot lately.

For the people with gaming consoles. How do you power it and what size tv's do you have?

Hmmm Tony used to be a medic & likes pc games - you will have to let me know the link to First Responders :D.

We have the Midway Conversion so we have 2 free normal power outlets with a mounted 17-19" flat screen tv (I don;t have a tape measure LOL but its around that size).
So one outlet for the xbox the other for the kettle so I can make my tea LOL

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
sounds like a good set up englishlady. I'd love to have that in my van :)

But on the 911 First Responders game. You control the fire department, ems, police, and technical units like engineers for red light failures and tow trucks for vehicles. You get called out by the dispatcher and you have to click on the units from the fire station and click to move them on the map with lights and sirens blasting. You control the vehicle till on scene then you control the personnel. The game is orginally meant for UK with their emergency vehicles and roads but they have many sub mods available to where you can play US maps. The one I play is Los Angles Mod. But the game link is Atari Video Games and game cost is $20 . Also youtube has alot of videos if he is interested in checking out how the game looks.