April Fools & Showers

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am with you 110%. Things really seemed to have calmed down from first quarter. Amazing the shift in a few short weeks. One of the really challenging parts of this business. We are doing all we can do to fight the slowdown but only so much control is in our hands. It is tough on everyone when it slows down. From our side we work harder to secure freight and move trucks. At the same time expense for things like layover go way up at the same time out revenue is decreasing. Joys of this business for everyone.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Off to get my Big Boy Decals. Dang, now I'm in a higher tax bracket...

It took 9 months for me to decide if I was staying or not.... lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Great. I go out of town and they must have decided we are keeping you! Sure it was a good move from the "other 1"? LOL

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Made a new window vent for my ac in the new van....tested it out to just need warmer weather to give that spray foam a real test!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seem like every time I come to The Yard, John leaves.

Not just leaves, but gets on a plane and leaves.
cartoon_plane_atacks.gif
I 'm sensing a pattern here.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the vans a drone he operates it from home.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
74 Hours since last load or offer...Thought I was having a bad week until I did a number 19..just got moved back to number 2..Guess my week is looking better....LOL....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Just did a 19 here at home in toledo and 18 sprinters/cv ahead of me!

Never can trust the mac 19 around Detroit. Too many local only units and Canadian units that make the numbers distorted. But I know we do have a number of units up here.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You know what else is distorted around Detroit? The temperatures. Holy crap it's cold up here!

Then again, this Sunday in Laredo - 105°F, this Sunday in Detroit - 54°F,
so there is that.
photo.jpg