April Fools & Showers

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Breaking news: we are all on a flat rate and you must remove all excess graphics and paint your truck white !!!!!

APRIL FOOLS !!!!:cool:

Last edited:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Breaking news: we are all on a flat rate and you must remove all excess graphics and paint your truck white !!!!!

apu4upas.jpg

Oh wait, somebody did fall for this......:rolleyes:

sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
On the sixth day God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said: "Today, I am going to create a land called Dakota. It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty; a land of beautiful lakes, each one full of fish. It shall have tall majestic pines, peacefully flowing rivers, landscapes full of buffalo, tall grass, and eagles, beautiful blue skies, forests full of deer and elk, rich farm and ranch land and wonderful people." God continued, "I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper and they shall be known as a most friendly people, people who practice being nice every day."
But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Dakota people?"
"Not really," replied God "just wait and see the weather I am going to give them."

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
why do dispatchers even call and ask "How much do you need to do this load?" and when you tell them they ignore you and say naw I am bidding this amount like I am a straight truck....so here I sit....:(.....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

I was gonna do a fake announcement like this but I was worried some wouldn't get it was a joke. Welcome to April.

mike1753

Seasoned Expediter
Welcome to April everyone. Old man winter is finally walking away down the road & said he would stop back by in November or December and then sit for a spell. Spring is on its way....

Talk about sitting for a spell, I delivered Friday night in Jacksonville and sat till yesterday when dispatch moved me up to the Charleston, SC area. Now I sit here. Wish that I had my fishing poles and golf clubs to use while waiting. Nice warm weather, about 74 degrees here and sunshine. Michigan might be this warm in another month or two. Gotta move freight though to make the greenbacks.

May you all have a good April.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

mike1753

Seasoned Expediter
Dispatch just got me a run up to Ohio. Hurrah! !!

Good bye nice warm sunshine but hello to the greenbacks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Nothing coming out of Dallas but me empty. Being dh'ed to Little Rock. Hmmmm that getting might close to home....;)

sent from my Galaxy S3

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing coming out of Dallas but me empty. Being dh'ed to Little Rock. Hmmmm that getting might close to home....;)

sent from my Galaxy S3
you Tennessee boys are so much alike.....get within downwind of home and you are there....like a hound on the porch....LOL

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
you Tennessee boys are so much alike.....get within downwind of home and you are there....like a hound on the porch....LOL

I bet our "downwind home" deadhead is less than your downwind deadhead. Are you not, right now, downwind of home? lol

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Simple loads are never simple... never.

Hint #1
Address 1 Detroit Metro Airport

Hint #2 None of my gps' could find address

Hint #3 use QC gps..... sent me to Detroit road and outer road.

Hint #4 get to shipper, give them the pickup number. No such number. 1.5 hours later, get correct number.

Hint # 4.1 Oh, you need a House number now.

Hint #5 get House number.
(BTW, each time I go back inside, have to wait in line for 10 to 20 min.)

Hint #6 We found it, 1 @271lbs.

Hint #6.1 Should be 2 @ 2000lbs.

Hint #7 Cut in line and ask for a direct number per customer.

Hint #8 Customer needs a direct number, 800-DLfreight no good.

Hint #9 no direct phone lines at shipper, all have been disconnected. ok

Hint #10 The freight was there when one of our cargo vans showed up about an hour before I got there. One was 60" high so he couldn't do it.

Hint #11 Find a manager and get his phone number. Give to Dispatch so they could give it to the customer.

Hint #11.1 Dispatch calls and said the number is not a working number.

Hint #11.2 Give dispatch correct number, someone mixed up the last 4.

Hint #12 Still can not find this freight.. lol

Hint # 13 Manager gives me his phone, said customer wants to talk with me. Talk with customer, he ask if I could get the manager to show me this 1 skid they found and see if it came from Germany. I did and it did. Customer said there is another one there, put the manager back on.

Hint #14 I ask the manager if the shipment cleared customs he should have something showing how many cleared. He checks, and we find it, on paper. ahhh

Hint #15 Manager "Please tell me it's not in 28" No I said, it's in 29. I spy, but not far enough to know what 28 and 29 meant.....

Hint #16 They go to get the 2 skids, while they're doing so dispatch calls. " we have a new address for you to drop off, and it will need to be there by 0800, they are closed. It's 20:00 now 4 hours after I got there.

Load review- 144 loaded miles, 14 dead head. Simple load...........

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Simple loads are never simple... never.

Hint #1
Address 1 Detroit Metro Airport

Hint #2 None of my gps' could find address

Hint #3 use QC gps..... sent me to Detroit road and outer road.

Hint #4 get to shipper, give them the pickup number. No such number. 1.5 hours later, get correct number.

Hint # 4.1 Oh, you need a House number now.

Hint #5 get House number.
(BTW, each time I go back inside, have to wait in line for 10 to 20 min.)

Hint #6 We found it, 1 @271lbs.

Hint #6.1 Should be 2 @ 2000lbs.

Hint #7 Cut in line and ask for a direct number per customer.

Hint #8 Customer needs a direct number, 800-DLfreight no good.

Hint #9 no direct phone lines at shipper, all have been disconnected. ok

Hint #10 The freight was there when one of our cargo vans showed up about an hour before I got there. One was 60" high so he couldn't do it.

Hint #11 Find a manager and get his phone number. Give to Dispatch so they could give it to the customer.

Hint #11.1 Dispatch calls and said the number is not a working number.

Hint #11.2 Give dispatch correct number, someone mixed up the last 4.

Hint #12 Still can not find this freight.. lol

Hint # 13 Manager gives me his phone, said customer wants to talk with me. Talk with customer, he ask if I could get the manager to show me this 1 skid they found and see if it came from Germany. I did and it did. Customer said there is another one there, put the manager back on.

Hint #14 I ask the manager if the shipment cleared customs he should have something showing how many cleared. He checks, and we find it, on paper. ahhh

Hint #15 Manager "Please tell me it's not in 28" No I said, it's in 29. I spy, but not far enough to know what 28 and 29 meant.....

Hint #16 They go to get the 2 skids, while they're doing so dispatch calls. " we have a new address for you to drop off, and it will need to be there by 0800, they are closed. It's 20:00 now 4 hours after I got there.

Load review- 144 loaded miles, 14 dead head. Simple load...........

Ok so its just a typical load, so whats your point. ......:D

sent from my Galaxy S3

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Ok so its just a typical load, so whats your point. ......:D

sent from my Galaxy S3
sadly, it is all to typical. shippers and receivers fail to understand that it is all uncompensated time, too.

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
FYI folks.

EO app apparently changed overnight. The app wouldn't open on my phone this morning, since this happens quite a bit I uninstalled the app. When I went to the app store to reinstall it, I couldn't find it. I googled the app, found it, clicked on the download icon. Message comes up saying that my phone is not compatible for this version.:mad:

Am I getting a new phone?? Nope. So....unless I'm near a computer, I won't be reading or posting. Bye, Bye EO.