April Banter and Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Brand new reman engine in box from Dodge...100,000 mile, 1yr complete coast to coast warranty....just in and out...and a new rad, all new rad hoses for giggles...tech said maybe Thursday, Friday at the latest....be back in service...
Considering I had 4 more yrs out here....you could, by some stretch say this is good timing...
In my room cool and comfy...:)

BTW engine comes with:
new water pump, and new pulleys, tensioner, fuel injectors, turbo and wiring harness...

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
My day keeps gettin better....they got the freight ready....too wide. Ive got 49-3/4" width for freight...their freight was 48" wide...before they wrapped 2x4's around it for air freight...lol. So, we angled it in...worked out.

Now, I'm stopped waitin on dispatch's call....they think Ive got the wrong freight...lol.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Judy and Ken...hate to hear that. At least you were prepared and knew it had to go sooner or later. Hope it all works out well.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My day keeps gettin better....they got the freight ready....too wide. Ive got 49-3/4" width for freight...their freight was 48" wide...before they wrapped 2x4's around it for air freight...lol. So, we angled it in...worked out.

Now, I'm stopped waitin on dispatch's call....they think Ive got the wrong freight...lol.

I am having a better day then you are....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Judy and Ken...hate to hear that. At least you were prepared and knew it had to go sooner or later. Hope it all works out well.
The engine did not really go....it was the timing chain and oil pump....which they have to pull the engine to begin with...considering 700K...was it really worth it?......

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Brand new reman engine in box from Dodge...100,000 mile, 1yr complete coast to coast warranty....just in and out...and a new rad, all new rad hoses for giggles...tech said maybe Thursday, Friday at the latest....be back in service...
Considering I had 4 more yrs out here....you could, by some stretch say this is good timing...
In my room cool and comfy...:)

BTW engine comes with:
new water pump, and new pulleys, tensioner, fuel injectors, turbo and wiring harness...

Sorry to hear it guys. Hope the install goes well.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
You made the right choice....we just had the conversation last week about you being prepared for it. It's still a surprise though, especially when it doesnt give ya any warning...lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry to hear it guys. Hope the install goes well.

Thanks Steve....:)

Kenny....I am convinced it is the right thing....even tho the rad still worked it was original as well...but it is being replaced and all hoses....the whole system will be new...
anyone want a slightly used rad?..Cheap?..LOL

and to think I just did an oil change...what a waste....LOL

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Man the sun and rain sure do bring out the dandelions...I'm about half done mowing and the yellow flowers are as pretty as ever...:rolleyes:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Home :) Came home enroute yesterday, delivered this morning in Columbus, spent the rest of the day out of service, visiting family and running errands.. now feelin kinda ruff.. not good when I planned to go back in service in the morn.

Dale

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Just delivered in Houston, TX.....got a few miles down the road and dispatch called...waiting to see if I need to go back to the airport...lol....this load has had a few issues

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just delivered in Houston, TX.....got a few miles down the road and dispatch called...waiting to see if I need to go back to the airport...lol....this load has had a few issues

Man that has been the load from Hell for you....LOL

Good morning gang.....going to be a long 3 days...:)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Morning. Moved up to Peculiar, MO. (KC) Wind tore my license plate off so waiting for Angie to get in and send me temp paperwork.

Ken, what dealer are you at??