April 2017 locations & Gossip

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Got here to Atlanta at 445 am, 8 am protect/appt time...napped til 745. At 8 am no-one here...now 845 am and no-one here and the contact number I was given after some phone calls, is hanging up as soon as they answer and no chance to even leave a message...gotta love getting somewhere early and then them not even being there at scheduled time...nothing surprises me anymore lol...on the plus side I will be on the clock at 9 am for detention pay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning....Laptop all set up..by yours truly... I mean besides personal stuff that only I know..whats to set up really?....oh well....
been busy for most of the time and kept my eyes on you loafers thru JuJu's page....
Today bring war wagon down and reload for weekend departure...JuJu has Dr's appointment tomorrow in Hettinger ND....thats NOT North Dallas either...:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got here to Atlanta at 445 am, 8 am protect/appt time...napped til 745. At 8 am no-one here...now 845 am and no-one here and the contact number I was given after some phone calls, is hanging up as soon as they answer and no chance to even leave a message...gotta love getting somewhere early and then them not even being there at scheduled time...nothing surprises me anymore lol...on the plus side I will be on the clock at 9 am for detention pay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using EO Forums mobile app
some things never change in this business.....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning....Laptop all set up..by yours truly... I mean besides personal stuff that only I know..whats to set up really?....oh well....
been busy for most of the time and kept my eyes on you loafers thru JuJu's page....
Today bring war wagon down and reload for weekend departure...JuJu has Dr's appointment tomorrow in Hettinger ND....thats NOT North Dallas either...:p
Murray heard that your coming back in service...
9eeaa1e440e8ca0b97eef46b3f6c9b70.jpg

hauling freight from a Pond near you

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Murray heard that your coming back in service...
9eeaa1e440e8ca0b97eef46b3f6c9b70.jpg

hauling freight from a Pond near you
I heard the thud when he hit the floor when I told him, all the way out here...LOL

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ram Van CNG sold!

Going to a good home with a pump at the house.

That's the way to do it...no gas station nonsense, under a buck a gallon, always filled up for you at the beginning of the day...

Yes I know nobody cares, just happy I didn't have to scrap it, only 200,000 miles...thank you Dodge for saving me over 10,000 dollars that year...

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in Bowling Green KY last night and heading to Placentia CA for friday. Needed it in a bad way too. About 500 miles each week for the last 2 weeks. Question. How long will you sit and wait for a load before you dh home or to a better area?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in Bowling Green KY last night and heading to Placentia CA for friday. Needed it in a bad way too. About 500 miles each week for the last 2 weeks. Question. How long will you sit and wait for a load before you dh home or to a better area?
I've been stupid enough to wait 4 days. My personal take from those experiences was to move after 24 h, from now on, to a better area within reason. Where you are in a lineup factors in as well

Reactions: ntimevan

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been stupid enough to wait 4 days. My personal take from those experiences was to move after 24 h, from now on, to a better area within reason. Where you are in a lineup factors in as well

There's only 40 or so of us here at Sienna, so we arent on top of each other too often. Sometimes in El Paso, Laredo, and Cincinnati where they're located, and consequently I live. So, sometimes I sit at home for days upon days...I used to sit for 3-4 days, but my patience has worn out, and I find myself deadheading home after 24-48 hours. Especially if I'm only 500 miles from the house.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to sit for 3-4 days, but my patience has worn out, and I find myself deadheading home after 24-48 hours. Especially if I'm only 500 miles from the house.
Been there done that. The best thing I've seen lately, an expediter on here got sick of it after about 60 hours and took a uShip. Is it worth it? Well if you're going to deadhead home getting your gas paid for on the way was brilliant IMO

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to sit for 3-4 days, but my patience has worn out, and I find myself deadheading home after 24-48 hours. Especially if I'm only 500 miles from the house.
Been there done that. The best thing I've seen lately, an expediter on here got sick of it after about 60 hours and took a uShip. Is it worth it? Well if you're going to deadhead home getting your gas paid for on the way was brilliant IMO
I will have to check it out. Something is better than nothing. Thanks for the input.