April 2017 locations & Gossip

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Uship is not a serious carrier of freight. It's more of a service where people who need to ship their own stuff, find other people who have room in their vehicle and are "heading that way". A person who has to send a lamp from Ohio to Aunt Tilly in CA, isn't gonna pay .80/mile to do so. They're gonna try to send it for less than they'd have to pay UPS.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
90 miles out from delivery in Laredo ...
Got a pre-plan call ... but shipper canceled load after an hour on bid board ... must have been looking for Super Cheap ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Picked up in Bowling Green KY last night and heading to Placentia CA for friday. Needed it in a bad way too. About 500 miles each week for the last 2 weeks. Question. How long will you sit and wait for a load before you dh home or to a better area?
Once in Cali Placentia is in the right area to get back out. A lot of vans hand near Ontario while waiting. Be warned, Ontario is the new Laredo, you will probably have to settle for lower $$ coming East

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: brokcanadian

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once in Cali Placentia is in the right area to get back out. A lot of vans hand near Ontario while waiting. Be warned, Ontario is the new Laredo, you will probably have to settle for lower $$ coming East

Seems like everywhere is becoming the new Laredo

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reactions: jcochristoph

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in Bowling Green KY last night and heading to Placentia CA for friday. Needed it in a bad way too. About 500 miles each week for the last 2 weeks. Question. How long will you sit and wait for a load before you dh home or to a better area?

Thanks for the heads up. I won't expect much coming out, and it beats deadheading to el paso

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gotta Shorty in the Morning pickup in Eastlake and deliver to no mans land south of zanesville! I'll be back to my couch before lunch :)

Oh yea I've been to no mans land south of Zanesville! If your going down RT 555 hold on!!
OK now.... fill me in..... What's the story?

Sent from lost in space.

It's a Fantastic road trip road.. a million curves rolling hills.. ya know everything a commercial vehicle hates!

Reactions: ntimevan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Top speed 5-10 mph look it up on an atlas runs out of Zanesville to the Ohio river

Sent from lost in space.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gotta Shorty in the Morning pickup in Eastlake and deliver to no mans land south of zanesville! I'll be back to my couch before lunch :)

Oh yea I've been to no mans land south of Zanesville! If your going down RT 555 hold on!!
OK now.... fill me in..... What's the story?

Sent from lost in space.

It's a Fantastic road trip road.. a million curves rolling hills.. ya know everything a commercial vehicle hates!
Ah....gotcha ya

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I love driving winding roads in my van. Don't know why it's not fun for you. Never hit brakes either.