Anyone tried this [cobra venom for pain] yet?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nyloxin // Chronic Pain Relief // Consumers // Frequently Asked Questions

If so, I'd like to hear some reviews. If not, guess I'll be the guinea pig - it appears pretty safe, at least.
Would be wonderful if it offers relief without the nasty problems of opiates and the NSAID [non steroidal anti inflammatory] drugs - even acetaminophen [Tylenol] can be trouble over time.
Still, it's risky: as one reviewer pointed out, morphine and heroin were once touted as safe and effective pain relief! At least it isn't addictive, that's a big plus, lol.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never tried cobra venom but have had several sessions with a boa constrictor for my back problems instead of going to a chiropractor. How do you know cobra venom isn't addicting? You could end up joining one of those snake handling religions to feed your jones.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hey - that might be our next Plan B for Revenue Generation: Snake Charming School! In case the venom does turn out to be addictive, it could be the next big consumer need, eh? :eek:
I'm afraid we're gonna need a new Plan B plan, because the "Cardboard Condos" for residentially challenged people isn't going too well. I haven't been able to locate a single empty refrigerator carton, except the 'apt' size ones, and how many homeless 'little people' can there be? I don't think I've ever seen even one, now that I mention it...

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im all for avoiding Big Pharma if I can.
Cobra vennom just like bee and aquatic animal vennom is a nerotoxin in small doses (non leathal) it shuts down nerve receptors releaves pain and of corse in larger doses it can cause dammage or be leathal. However from what I know its not enough to be leathal so long as you are healthy.
I tried the bee vennom thing 1993 after injuring my knee I didnt like the idea of taking vicodin daily. It worked because I did feel a difference but, I had to stop as I started to become sensitized to it My hyperactive immune system caught on that it was being duped, but it was good while it lasted. I might try it again if I need to.
Vennom has shown to help the body slow destruction and in some cases regenerate joint cartilage the mechanics of vennom on arthritis is still not understood since it is a complex mix of protiens and your immune system is designed to change the war plan to its favor and destroy the forgin presence, and remember it. The fact the immune system can remember what it attacks is why we develop sensitivity allergic reactions, because when it finds a former invader it kicks into overdrive and dose the shock and awe thing this is why we develop auto immune problems. Artritis is an auto immune disease like M.S. and lupus where your immune systeme attacks you, the theory is the vennom gives your immune system somthing to attack instead of your joints and allows your body to rebuild as well as shutting down pain receptors.
Keep in mind that since it is a protien you may develop a sensitivity to it or be alergic and vennom has to be injected in order to work. Creams, sprays, jells etc are useless. it has to be injected at the affected joint. Most important always check with your primary doctor and check the qualifications of those who want to inject it.

Good luck let me know how it works out.
Bob Wolf

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not a fan of new medications. I'd prefer any medication have at least 5 years of standard public clinical trials before I'll be a test subject.

What is Nyloxin indicated to treat?
Nyloxin is specifically indicated to treat back pain, neck pain, headaches, joint pain, migraines, neuralgia, arthritis pain and pain from repetitive stress.

What are the side effects of Nyloxin?
Nausea, headache and upset stomach.

Anyone else see the irony there? :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's irony only if one takes it the first time for a headache, without knowing that they're susceptible to the potential headaches that some people experience as a side effect. Then they'd just think it was worthless, lol.
Pain is a big problem for people, when OTC medication [Tylenol, Advil, etc] is ineffective, because opiates [Vicoden, Percocet, etc] are of very limited use. Especially for us, because we can't take them and work, but the nature of our work often causes the pain to begin with.
Well, that and just an accumulation of years, lol.

Bob Wolf: Of course I'd check with my primary [actually, only] doctor, but she can't offer feedback from someone who has used it, and that's what I want. The comments I've read on other sites are good, but I don't know those people and have no idea whether they're real, even.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Artritis is an auto immune disease like M.S. and lupus where your immune systeme"

Not all types of arthritis are an auto immune disease. The most common form of arthritis, osteo arthritis is a wear and tear disease. I would LOVE to find a pain killer that works without the large number of side effects of what is out there. Nothing, other than joint replacement surgery, can 'fix' osteo arthritis. There are, as yet, no known cures for the auto immune types. Only a few drugs that suppress the immune system to slow up the progress of the disease. I will ask my DR about this stuff when I have my next appointment.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
LOS: you should also ask your Dr about a treatment called iontophoresis, in which a steroidal medication is introduced to the affected joint by use of electricity. It's done by physical therapists, generally takes 3-7 treatments [about 15 minutes each] and it is amazing pain relief.
I had it done years ago, when chronic tendinitis in one elbow got unbearable, and direct steroid injections were no longer effective [were actually damaging the joint further]. It was the last resort before surgery, and I wasn't at all optimistic - but I know surgery can cause as many problems as it fixes, so I tried it. [Plus, it hurt so much I'd have tried anything!] After 5 treatments, the pain was gone, completely, and it has not returned.
It works best on joints, and is definitely worth asking about - I worked on a Trauma Orthopedic unit at the time, and I'd never heard of it before!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOS: you should also ask your Dr about a treatment called iontophoresis, in which a steroidal medication is introduced to the affected joint by use of electricity. It's done by physical therapists, generally takes 3-7 treatments [about 15 minutes each] and it is amazing pain relief.
I had it done years ago, when chronic tendinitis in one elbow got unbearable, and direct steroid injections were no longer effective [were actually damaging the joint further]. It was the last resort before surgery, and I wasn't at all optimistic - but I know surgery can cause as many problems as it fixes, so I tried it. [Plus, it hurt so much I'd have tried anything!] After 5 treatments, the pain was gone, completely, and it has not returned.
It works best on joints, and is definitely worth asking about - I worked on a Trauma Orthopedic unit at the time, and I'd never heard of it before!

Thanks for the tip! :)

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Allot of medications are made from various toxins most people just dont know it. Digoxin a Cardiac med is made form the highly toxic digitalys plant, coumadin is made form rat poison. Its all a matter of dosage. Unfortunately most doctors are not open to non pharmisuticals, mostly due to liability. Even chiopractic medicine is often not mentioned, especialy if a big pharma company cannot patent it and make a profitt.

Bob Wolf.

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
I have never seen a arthritic mongoose, but some of those guys with the flutes don't look to agile.