Any loads out of atlanta?

BigJoe0904

Seasoned Expediter
we have been sitting in columbus ga for 2 days now just wondering if anyone has any load offers in the area? or if you were expeirencing the same problems?

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Yesterday I had a mini ,today a dry run.I'm number one with first out and...nothing

BigJoe0904

Seasoned Expediter
We are a team and have been offered 1 load yesterday total miles 211 and pay 179. and one load today total miles 220 for 235 drop in pensocola. what gives?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Might depend on the carrier and vehicle type. Might want to consider actually moving to Atlanta. If you are in Columbus, you are still a little over 100 miles out.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Sounds like a convention. I'm not with the Fed, so just based on freight volumes, Atlanta or maybe Birmingham could be a option? Anything else would be north of that or over by the Carolinas. Maybe someone at the Fed has some advice?

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Yeah, we were wondering whats up with Atlanta also. Sat in Atlanta all day Friday Sat and Sun 7th on the board, moved down to Chatanooga and got a load first thing Monday morning picking up in Cleveland TN. Seems like a lot of trucks are backing up in Atlanta. Never got anything out of Columbus since been expediting. :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What kind of FDCC "D" unit are you? We are a "DR" unit with all the bells and whistles. We take Atlanta whenever offered. We don't pay attention to how many are there. We seldom sit there more than a day.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
A good amount of freight moved out of there today. I guess it depends on how many trucks your carrier has there.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Big joe,it is better to be 14th in line in Atlanta than first in Columbus on most days.

And yes Greg, they still do LG loads out of McDonough,GA.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I would agree with Doggie on ATL over Columbus. And that's not just for the FED either. Also, you may be 14th in line, but that ONE load may require one thing that you have or can do that the others can't, and you hop to the front of the line. Unless of course, you are one who just does the cookie cutter expediter with minimum equipment.....