Any interest in an activist drivers group?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Due to some of the conversations in some other threads I was wondering if people would be interested in a driver's organization that is based more on actions or reactions by members of the group. I am not talking about kidnappings or murder but maybe being uncooperative during roadside inspections since there is no law saying we have to turn lights on or off or hit the brakes. Basically the idea there would be to take up more of their time causing them to be able to do less inspections and just make their job more difficult, they are going to ding us where they can anyway. There are many other things that can be done but this is just one idea that will show where we stand which will hopefully be together. I support OOIDA and I am a member which would not change but they are more of a trucker support hotline and lobbyist group than they are an activist group. I'm just wondering if drivers of any vehicles would be interested but I don't want to turn it into a Soapbox thread if possible.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I'm confused. Is this post satire?

Seriously, these guys get paid BY THE HOUR. If you attempt to make their jobs hard, just who do you think will win those battles?

Here's something I overheard an old-school convict telling a 'fish'....fresh off the bus inmate, when dealing with prison staff: "You're gonna need them a lot sooner than they'll ever need you."

You do the math. I'll get the popcorn.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
While they do get paid by the hour they are also under pressure to meet quotas plus the added insult of drivers showing they are above them. Again it is just one idea, I have others but nothing is set in stone and I'm not forming a group right now. I am just wondering if people are ready to take action to force change or not.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks good on paper but we know if you get away with it the next guy will get pounded. I usualy just ask him or her to show me the reg. You and I know you need a working _______ "I just want to verify that reg."

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im just as against DOT as the next driver but just remember
If the inspector is a hard *** he just might find somthing to take you O.O.S. just because you ticked him/her off.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You got this idea from "Alice's Restaurant", didn't ya? Where Arlo wants everyone to stand up during their pre-induction army physical and say, "I wanna kill!"

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I like the idea but it will do no good. People in this country who stand up for themselves are labeled as nuts or terrorists. Only the drones are accepted.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was wondering if people would be interested in a driver's organization that is based more on actions or reactions by members of the group. I am not talking about kidnappings or murder...

What kind of activist-reactionary group is above indulging in kidnapping and murder? Can we at least burn stuff? We could lob Molotov Penistails into unmanned chicken coops. I've got a tanker full of Mootrol® somewhere. I can't remember where the Colonel parked it. We could also burn tires outside doughnut joints. Fire and smoke attract the media like, like... a moth to a flame.

We also need a way of recognizing fellow members. I'm thinking an upper arm tattoo. A flaming super single truck tire with wings and drips of molten rubber trailing it. Or possibly a burning wheel chock with wings.

Count me in!

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds good especialy the fire thing. Is there a membership fee? Where do I sign up.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I like the idea but it will do no good. People in this country who stand up for themselves are labeled as nuts or terrorists. Only the drones are accepted.

I think as much as the media tries to portray that idea it is no longer the case. I think working together to force change will prevent someone from looking like a lone wolf or nut job.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
What kind of activist-reactionary group is above indulging in kidnapping and murder? Can we at least burn stuff? We could lob Molotov Penistails into unmanned chicken coops. I've got a tanker full of Mootrol® somewhere. I can't remember where the Colonel parked it. We could also burn tires outside doughnut joints. Fire and smoke attract the media like, like... a moth to a flame.

We also need a way of recognizing fellow members. I'm thinking an upper arm tattoo. A flaming super single truck tire with wings and drips of molten rubber trailing it. Or possibly a burning wheel chock with wings.

Count me in!

I never eliminated kidnapping and murder, I just said I wasn't talking about it.:D You do have some interesting ideas though, maybe OOIDA would be interested.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think as much as the media tries to portray that idea it is no longer the case. I think working together to force change will prevent someone from looking like a lone wolf or nut job.

I agree but good luck with it. You will be hard pressed to find more than 10 people in this country with the stones to stand up and do what needs done.

A GOOD start would be to have everyone who pays quarterly taxes to stop sending them in. Take away the monopoly money and the government can't plays. Any bets on how many would? Suggesting it, even in here, will bring out the 'radical' comments.

Stand up and you are a radical, sit back, a victim.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's a couple time-tested tactics:

Rolling roadblocks. Take up all lanes and drive just fast enough that you don't run afoul of minimum speed laws. This'll save you a shekel or two at the pumps also.

Obey HOS to the nanosecond. If you're out of hours, pull over immediately. This may take a little planning; for instance, Landstar folks will need to find a parking lot :)

Feel free to add to this :D

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Pallud, Please remember that both Drivers and Inspectors are in a potentially stressful enviroment.

I will say this though, I do not believe truck scales or the road side is the proper place to conduct truck safety inspections.

jimmy

BigCat

Expert Expediter
People have talked about this kind of stuff for a while now. Much like the guys who say shutdown for a couple of days. Yet everyone is afraid to do it. No one really has the cahonies to do it. Good try though Paul.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paullud

Veteran Expediter
People have talked about this kind of stuff for a while now. Much like the guys who say shutdown for a couple of days. Yet everyone is afraid to do it. No one really has the cahonies to do it. Good try though Paul.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard talk about it for years and sometimes talk will lead to action and sometimes it is just people that want to complain but not act. My thinking is that if people are actually sick of it then an organization could help everyone get on the same page and set up a "strike" or not driving into a certain state so that they lose money.