All State Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And I'll let Guido attest to how many times he's done a hand unload, and if I learn something, I learn something...and I will thank you...

I've had 3 or 4 a year and my last carrier takes 38% of my work...Why? Maybe the same as D-Time? carrier loses an hour of that units time and maybe losses a load opp? which costs them money..

bgansman

Seasoned Expediter
Non-forced dispatch is the key - don't like the offer? Ask some details and accept or decline. You do have my curiosity stirred, however, and this cat's going to get educated...but I find it hard to believe that EPOI would be doing something wrong here...

Sincerely...have a great week...whg

bgansman

Seasoned Expediter
I do have a hypothesis on what I will find:

All companies take their labor and resource allocations to perform a given product or output, and markup according to their perception of value-added on top of R2R (Required to Run), or a min/max profitability standard.

The marketplace (other three corners of the quadrilateral) can accept, reject or negotiate.

guido4475

Not a Member
And I'll let Guido attest to how many times he's done a hand unload, and if I learn something, I learn something...and I will thank you...

I dont know, Maybe I am looking at things a bit differently here and in the past, but there have been a few times I have hand unloaded, and not made a big deal out of it as far as saying anything about it.I look as it as excercise that I need in a big way.I worry more about the amount of gas I pass while doing a hand unload of any kind....lol

guido4475

Not a Member
in Kernersville NC, for orientation...............bloody cold here!!!

Glad to hear you made it,I think you will find them the easiest of people to deal with, and the most enjoyable of orientations..Have a great day !! And there is a Wal-Mart close by,An excellent fish house restarant across from the Ford dealer, and everything else you will need close, by..I am actually thinking of moving down there sometime soon, if things work out to my advantage.

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Glad to hear you made it,I think you will find them the easiest of people to deal with, and the most enjoyable of orientations..Have a great day !! And there is a Wal-Mart close by,An excellent fish house restarant across from the Ford dealer, and everything else you will need close, by..I am actually thinking of moving down there sometime soon, if things work out to my advantage.

Im looking forward to meeting them in the morning, drove 670 miles straight to get here, the van ran great, got a little over 15 mpg, at 65 mph, i was a little worried to see the van weighed 6400 with a full tank of gas, means i only have 2200 lbs of freight i can carry, stay safe, sure i will meet you somewhere
Rich

guido4475

Not a Member
Im looking forward to meeting them in the morning, drove 670 miles straight to get here, the van ran great, got a little over 15 mpg, at 65 mph, i was a little worried to see the van weighed 6400 with a full tank of gas, means i only have 2200 lbs of freight i can carry, stay safe, sure i will meet you somewhere
Rich

You will have no problem with a 2200 # weight limit.I have a 1,950 and do just fine.

bgansman

Seasoned Expediter
Don't forget about Out West. Already learning something from the positive conversation between the two of you.

It's going to be another Good to Great week...just hedgehoggin with the flywheel...whg

bgansman

Seasoned Expediter
And...please...no glorification when it's good, and if anything is testy, we'll find a way to work for KAIZEN! internally.

Peace and love...whg

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you are working internally, my advice would be to scrap a flat rate FSC IF you are making the claim you are paying 100 percent.
My advice would also be to scrap a charge of $20 for a BOL that is 24 hours late. Understanding HOS applications to the driver will help in that decision.
Lastly, hand unloads and the like should go to the driver without skimming a portion of it regardless of who the carrier is or whether it s a "industry standard".
I don't know if any of this applies to All State or other carriers.
Just my penny in the pond.

guido4475

Not a Member
From what I understand,The $20.00 charge for paperwork received after 24 hours from POD'G the load was like this:

ASE used to pay every 2 weeks, and everyone kept bugging them to go to weekly pay.They finally gave in,with the agreement and understanding with the o/o's that paperwork must be in in a timely fashion, so they can send out the invoices as soon as possible, to keep the cash flow going.Well, I guess there were a few drivers who had a hobby or addiction on seeing just how many bol's they could keep and for how long.So, From what I understand,is how this $20.00 late policy for paperwork came into place, to keep others,including myself,inline and making sure it gets in on time.And, yes, I have forgotten a time or two.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Can't say I would be sold, but I do see how it helps their cash flow.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
So after I read this tread:
Negative things about this company
-very poor FS
- high rate on driver insurance, $35 per week versus for example $18 Panther
-$20 penalty if you not fax your paperwork in 24 H(I think is singular in industry)
-not enough pay for hand loading
-long deadhead miles
-$200 per year administrative charges

The goods.
- good management
- Long runs
- high miles per month

But...I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.