Air tabs

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Cheri did a good job of listing where they are on my truck. The only ones she forgot are on my sleeper, a Bentz. They are right where the curve flattens out. When I added them the air no longer hits the flat front of the freight box. They made a 3/10ths of a mpg.
My theory on how to tell if Airtabs work is extra simple. It is easy to see where the air is now hitting by where the bugs hit. If the air isn't hitting a surface it means that the aerodynamic is improved.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cheri did a good job of listing where they are on my truck. The only ones she forgot are on my sleeper, a Bentz. They are right where the curve flattens out. When I added them the air no longer hits the flat front of the freight box. They made a 3/10ths of a mpg.
My theory on how to tell if Airtabs work is extra simple. It is easy to see where the air is now hitting by where the bugs hit. If the air isn't hitting a surface it means that the aerodynamic is improved.

Maybe you could ask Jack if transparent ones could work on the windshield, kinda like Slushbusters for bugs, lol. ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I bet those things cost more than they save.

You'd lose, goober. Read post #24:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/truck-talk/36752-new-airtabs.html

The initial cost [about $200 for a S/T, not sure about a C/V] is more than repaid in fuel savings over the life of the Airtabs.

That's just the $ - they also reduce the buffeting from crosswinds [and passing T/Ts], keep the backside cleaner, and can be painted to match [or complement] your ride. I think they're a great deal, and would put them on every truck I drive.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
You'd lose, goober. Read post #24:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/truck-talk/36752-new-airtabs.html

The initial cost [about $200 for a S/T, not sure about a C/V] is more than repaid in fuel savings over the life of the Airtabs.

That's just the $ - they also reduce the buffeting from crosswinds [and passing T/Ts], keep the backside cleaner, and can be painted to match [or complement] your ride. I think they're a great deal, and would put them on every truck I drive.

What's the wait time on order till delivery?

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have no idea [Gottago might], if there's no way to find out from the website, as I got mine at the MATS show.
Anyhow, if it takes a few weeks to get them, it will still be good weather for installation.
PS Do read the instructions that come with them - putting them on backwards is really dumb, cause they're hard to get off!
;)
PPS No, I didn't do that - but I know a guy who did, lol.

TonyD

Active Expediter
How much are a sprinter set?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums mobile app