Air Tabs Question

ihamner

Expert Expediter
First of all a "buyer beware" warning to anyone purchasing Airtabs from the company: They sent us one set (as ordered) and billed us for two sets for a total of over $400 and we have not been able to get them to remove the double charge on our credit card after numerous calls to the company.

Now for my question: We are ready to install our Airtabs and the instructions say to clean the area with rubbing alcohol before attaching the Airtabs. Won't this damage the paint on the truck? What else would do the job without damaging the paint?

gotta go

Veteran Expediter

Now for my question: We are ready to install our Airtabs and the instructions say to clean the area with rubbing alcohol before attaching the Airtabs. Won't this damage the paint on the truck? What else would do the job without damaging the paint?

Hi,
Using the rubbing alcohol doesn't do any damage to the paint. It does remove the wax in the area you are going to apply the Airtabs, preparing the surface for the adhesive. I'm certain there is no paint damage because I've even put Airtabs on my black fenders after cleaning the area with alcohol and was able to go back and reapply a coat of wax with no less shine than before. I think the pix taken at the Expo are a great guide for Airtab placement.
Enjoy

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
First of all a "buyer beware" warning to anyone purchasing Airtabs from the company: They sent us one set (as ordered) and billed us for two sets for a total of over $400 and we have not been able to get them to remove the double charge on our credit card after numerous calls

Have your Credit card co put the charge in "Dispute" Ihis will get their attention.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
First of all a "buyer beware" warning to anyone purchasing Airtabs from the company: They sent us one set (as ordered) and billed us for two sets for a total of over $400 and we have not been able to get them to remove the double charge on our credit card after numerous calls to the company.

I've made 2 purchases from Airtab a not a problem with the billing...

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We also purchased direct from the company and had no problem. I'd give the company one last chance to correct the problem and then I would dispute the charge with your credit card company.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
... the instructions say to clean the area with rubbing alcohol before attaching the Airtabs. Won't this damage the paint on the truck? What else would do the job without damaging the paint?

No. Be sure to follow the instructions. It is important to have a clean surface.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
India, Will you let us know how and when the company resolves this issue? I have no doubt that the company will make it right as they do have a pretty good reputation.

Bob was very careful about cleaning the box surface with rubbing alcohol before he applied our Air Tabs and many truck washes later and over three years of travel we have not lost one of them.

Also let us know what you guys think of the Air Tabs!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Good News!!! We were finally able to get through to Jack at Air Tabs and he resolved the overcharge for us. I resorted to leaving numerous messages on every number I could find for the company and Jack was the one who called us. Our credit card has already been credited with the refund.

Now if it will just stop raining we can get busy applying the airtabs! Ha!

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
This question is for those who already have the air tabs installed. Do you notice that people pull up behind or beside you and spend a lot of time just looking and trying to figure out what is different about your truck? I seem to have a problem with people doing that and I don't have anything different, at least if they don't see my long nose! I would like to install the air tabs but I don't like people just hanging around at 60 or 70 MPH.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This question is for those who already have the air tabs installed. Do you notice that people pull up behind or beside you and spend a lot of time just looking and trying to figure out what is different about your truck? I seem to have a problem with people doing that and I don't have anything different, at least if they don't see my long nose! I would like to install the air tabs but I don't like people just hanging around at 60 or 70 MPH.

Absolutely not....But in T/S's I get asked what they are abit...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Do you notice that people pull up behind or beside you and spend a lot of time just looking and trying to figure out what is different about your truck?

No, but we seem to meet more people who are wind-aware; like engineers at shippers who want to know what the Airtabs are and what they do, and pilots, and people whose hobby is sailing. They approach and ask about Airtabs. That did not happen before.