About That New iPhone....

lonemountain

Seasoned Expediter
From what I'm reading it sounds as if holding it wrong is causing a problem with the antenna. However, what's weird is they are acknowledging that it may be a software fix that could take care of the issue. Pretty strange. Even the CEO is sort of acknowledging the issue too.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's a problem if you are a lefty apparently, at least according to one broadcast report/discussion about it.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I wonder if Steve Jobs is left or right handed, would be kinda funny if he was a lefty. I am a lefty, we are the only ones in our right minds hehehe

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I was going to go out today and get the new one.....but I learned yesterday that Apple and Verizon will be launching their partnership in January 2011. I'm very unhappy with AT & T.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just keep one thing in mind if you have a "Droid". They are not allowed in at least one bar in the "Mos Eisley" spaceport on Tatooine. Just ask Luke Skywalker about that. He had a run in with the bartender when he tried to take his "DROIDS" in!!! :p

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Just keep one thing in mind if you have a "Droid". They are not allowed in at least one bar in the "Mos Eisley" spaceport on Tatooine. Just ask Luke Skywalker about that. He had a run in with the bartender when he tried to take his "DROIDS" in!!! :p

WHO???? I don't know what you're talking about...must have been before my time! :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The hits juuuust keep on comin'...

Apple Inc. said Friday that it was "stunned" to find that its iPhones have for years been using a "totally wrong" formula to determine how many bars of signal strength they are getting.

Stunned. Stunned I tell you.

Apple said that's the reason behind widespread complaints from users that the latest model, iPhone 4, can show a sudden plunge in signal strength when they hold it in a way that covers a small black strip on one edge of the phone. Users online have jokingly called this the "death grip" for the phone.

That drop seems exaggerated because the phone can wrongly display four or five bars of signal strength when it shouldn't, Apple said.

"Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place," the company said in a letter to users.

Whoops.

Apple, which is based in Cupertino, Calif., said it will fix its signal strength formula to conform to other AT&T phones through a free software update for iPhone models 3G, 3Gs and 4 within a few weeks.

So much for more bars in more places.

"We are also making bars 1, 2 and 3 a bit taller so they will be easier to see," Apple said.

Because being pretty is most important.

AT&T Inc., the exclusive iPhone carrier in the U.S., has faced much of the users' blame for dropped calls and poor wireless performance. Apple apologized to customers Friday "for any anxiety we may have caused."

The Apple ain't so shiny in AT&T's eyes anymore.

Last edited:

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have the HTC EVO 4G and it is awesome as you can see by the videos I post it has an amazing 8 mp camera and records in HD...My phone blows the new iphone outta the water and also it's a DROID :D

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I have the HTC EVO 4G and it is awesome as you can see by the videos I post it has an amazing 8 mp camera and records in HD...My phone blows the new iphone outta the water and also it's a DROID :D

I thought that one looked pretty awesome too but I'm with Verizon. Do I have it right that it's the one that provides wifi? If so, do you use that and how is it?

droidbabe

Seasoned Expediter
I thought that one looked pretty awesome too but I'm with Verizon. Do I have it right that it's the one that provides wifi? If so, do you use that and how is it?

I'm w/ Verizon and the Droid that I have does wi-fi. It even has an app to find available wi-fi wherever you're at. And tells you if it is open or passworded. Signal strength, etc. At home, it automatically uses my wireless router. I'm very satisfied.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I'm w/ Verizon and the Droid that I have does wi-fi. It even has an app to find available wi-fi wherever you're at. And tells you if it is open or passworded. Signal strength, etc. At home, it automatically uses my wireless router. I'm very satisfied.

Oh wait.....I meant that he's able to use his droid as a stand alone wifi, I think for up to 8 devices.

Last edited: