About That New iPhone....

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Sorry. I have just the original Droid. No extra letters or numbers. The original box only specifies...Droid. I purchased it from Verizon about 3 mos. ago.

Motorola Droid, same as mine. When we purchased ours, the term Droid was generally meant as just that one phone. Now, the term is used for any phone using the Android operating system, hence the confusion.

We use the Verizon mifi for internet. It is capable of supplying signal to 5 devices. The HTC phone is supposed to do that same job for up to 8, that was what my question was about. Looks to me like eventually these phones are going to replace the need for air cards and mifi.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
AppleCare confirmed that the new software update for the new iPhone will not fix the signal loss problem, although the new signal strength algorithm will confirm less bars in more places. The Apple Faithful are despondent. Their faith has been shattered. Some can barely function.They just don't know what to do.

Oh, and the proximity sensor doesn't work, either.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
LOL!

Nice con job apple! Telling everybody that there's nothing wrong with the phone it's the software that reports the signal strength.
So how come so many people could make calls from the same locations with their old phones but keep losing reception with the new 4G?????

This is a perfect example of why you should never buy version 1.0 of anything. Even though it's fourth generation, it's a new design which makes it version one all over again.

I waited till the 3Gs came out before I took the plunge and am very happy with it but so many people want to be on the leading edge that they end up being on the bleeding edge instead!

lonemountain

Seasoned Expediter
I have the older iPhone 3GS and the software update "corrected" the signal strength indicator. Seems like my signal strength went down and was not as great as I once though it was!

fketchum

Seasoned Expediter
I just sold my Iphone 3G and picked up a Droid X and the Droid X blows away my old Iphone. I love my Droid