About That GNP thingie ....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Looks like they are still trying to sort out the remainder of the delegates in Maine, but Dr. Paul has already secured the at-large delegates, taking 15 out of the 24 total delegates:

Paul wins majority of delegates from Maine GOP - Yahoo! News

From the sound of it, Charles Cragin - Charlie Webster's handpicked establishment shill - must be just positively livid .... after all, how dare these mere peons actually vote to elect someone other than the establishment's choice to be convention chair ?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Evidently the delegate count for Dr. Paul is now up to 18 out of 24, apparently driving some of the Romney supporters to decide that merely delaying the proceedings are not quite enough .... and going into "full psycho" mode at the Maine GOP convention is what is actually required, with one of them actually threatening to physically charge the stage ....

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The Maine GOP convention just elected their National Committeeman and Committeewoman spots - both go to Ron Paul supporters: Ashley Ryan and Mark Willis ....

Update: Dr. Paul has now secured 20 out of 24 of Maine's delegates ....

Update 2: Governor Paul LePage and Ron Paul Supporter Sam Canders elected as Presidential Electors ....

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you surprised by all of this or something? LOL!! This ain't squat, just wait till the Obama bums start on him if he wins. Yous guys better get used to this. It is how it is.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope, not in the least ...

LOL .... if you had any clue as to what happened in 2008, you'd know how "used to it" we are .... and just avoid such silly statements .... :p

Yeah, well, it are how it are. Ain't gonna change. Been that way since the first Ceasar was elected dictator of the world.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
And from the good folks attending the Nevada GOP Convention, another installment of "Hey ..... Robamney-ite .... you're BUSTED !"

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I wonder what Charlie Webster's shelf life is after today ....
Hmmmm .... looks like that expiration date may be closing in a little more rapidly than I initially figured .... given that it appears that Charlie "The Tuna" Webster may have been complicit in covering up embezzlement by the former Treasurer of Maine GOP:

"Webster said he felt no need to inform his fellow Republican Party leaders about what Roy had done.

“I couldn’t see at that point what difference it made,” said Webster. “I didn’t need to create a bunch of drama for the Republican Party. He made a mistake, he acknowledged it, he admitted to me he had done it and he resigned.”

In fact, the Republican Party had just been through a lot of drama around Roy’s management of its fiscal affairs. While Roy was treasurer, a paid bookkeeper had stolen almost $50,000 from the party; according to the Kennebec Journal, she ultimately pled guilty to forgery and felony theft charges, was ordered to pay restitution and sentenced to jail for six months."

Official’s use of US and GOP funds to buy a camper was kept under wraps

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Looks like some folks are starting to wise up .... caught this posted by Vic Berardelli, the OP of a thread over on the "As Maine Goes" (a Maine Republican Web Forum) that was for tracking delegates for the GOP Nomination and had been "stickied" at the top of one of the boards in the forum:

"I have just learned that the Associated Press/Wall Street Journal numbers are inaccurate and am asking Moderator to pull the sticky on this thread.

I caught the error based on the AP/WSJ box for Massachusetts which awards the entire delegation to Romney.

However, the Boston Globe reported that Romney failed to win 50-percent of the Massachusetts delegates (http://articles.boston.com/2012-04-30/metro/31478610_1_romney-slate-mitt... ).

Therefore, unless one had the time to audit state-by-state in the AP/WSJ caculator, it is impossible to stand by these numbers."

Gee, I dunno Vic .... if the AP/WSJ can't get their own delegate counts correct, I'm not too sure I'd wanna use their "calculator" .... :rolleyes:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
..... rut-row :eek::

"State of Wisconsin GOP changes venue [for the state GOP convention] because of large turnout... So I called and spoke with someone about the change and they told me it is the largest turnout ever for the GOP State Convention.

I am a delegate and will be there, hope to see many of you there as well. Estimated attending is 1700 and it is being held in Green Bay Wisconsin.

"Due to our growing momentum, the Republican Party of Wisconsin State Convention will be held at Shopko Hall in Green Bay to better accommodate our grassroots supporters and convention delegates," said Republican Party of Wisconsin Convention Coordinator Colleen Coyle. "

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I heard about this. Basically, Romney can win all the battles, and still lose the war.

I have to say I'd hate to be a Romney Zomney right now.