About That GNP thingie ....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
And cleans up in the remaining CD's (3 and 4), taking a total of 22 out of 25 of Nevada's national delegates ....

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
What kind of quixotic and delusional spell has Ron Paul cast upon libertarians? To assert Ron Paul is the leader of a movement is falling down funny. Wouldn't the general public be aware of said movement? Is it a secret movement known only to insiders? There must be a large conspiracy to squelch Ron Paul's political aspirations as I only see scant mention of Paul anywhere but on these EO pages.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
To assert Ron Paul is the leader of a movement is falling down funny. Wouldn't the general public be aware of said movement?
The "general public" .... by definition .... is largely unaware ....

That's what makes them the general public .... and it's how this country got into the mess that it's in ....

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Need to look at your own chart a little closer. Romney 697 to Paul's 128. Associated Press says Romney is at 867 and Paul at 83. Not even a challenge at this point no matter what chart you want to look at.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
What kind of quixotic and delusional spell has Ron Paul cast upon libertarians? To assert Ron Paul is the leader of a movement is falling down funny. Wouldn't the general public be aware of said movement? Is it a secret movement known only to insiders? There must be a large conspiracy to squelch Ron Paul's political aspirations as I only see scant mention of Paul anywhere but on these EO pages.
One of the most preeminent political rags in the nation seems to be at least somewhat aware:

State party wins by Ron Paul backers could hurt Romney in general election - The Hill's Ballot Box

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Need to look at your own chart a little closer. Romney 697 to Paul's 128.
Nope, not really ....

But you might want to educate yourself as to how the process actually works .... since you seem to think it's some sort of direct democracy sorta thing ....

BTW, I suspect that chart does not yet reflect Maine or Nevada ....

Associated Press says Romney is at 867 and Paul at 83.
LOL .... the AP has their head so far up their ***** that it ain't funny ....

Not even a challenge at this point no matter what chart you want to look at.
Like I said: education is the key ....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

You probably won't except maybe in a couple more states. Romney probably looks at Paul as more of an aggravation than any real threat.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Nope, not really ....

But you might want to educate yourself as to how the process actually works .... since you seem to think it's some sort of direct democracy sorta thing ....

BTW, I suspect that chart does not yet reflect Maine or Nevada ....

LOL .... the AP has their head so far up their ***** that it ain't funny ....

Like I said: education is the key ....

Now that is a pretty brainless response. I use YOUR chart and it still shows a blowout and you follow that with "one needs to get educated". I already know how it works. Your assumption of what I know or don't know is a bit of a stretch. What is the point of you putting YOUR chart out then proclaim it has no value unless you have this special education. Just too goofy even for you.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Now that is a pretty brainless response.
LOL .... not at all ....

I use YOUR chart and it still shows a blowout and you follow that with "one needs to get educated".
I used the chart to refute your assertion that Dr. Paul is currently behind Gingrich in delegates .... which he is not ....

You apparently used the chart to try and show that Mitt somehow has a "lock" on the nomination .... (my characterization)

Big difference ....

I already know how it works. Your assumption of what I know or don't know is a bit of a stretch.
Just operating off what I see you post ....

What is the point of you putting YOUR chart out then proclaim it has no value unless you have this special education.
That's your strawman argument ....

There's nothing "special" about the education required to understand fully how the process actually works ....

Just alittle too goofy even for you.
LOL .... goofy is in the eye of the beholder I'd say .... ;)

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Dr. Ron Paul sweeps the Nevada GOP Convention with 13 out of 13 (at large ?) delegates ....

Does that mean Paul has won 5 states? If so is memory serves me right Paul and santorum can force a brokered convention by not releasing their delegates.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Does that mean Paul has won 5 states?
I haven't been totally tracking it, but by the end of today Paul will likely have a plurality of delegates from 5 states - I think it's IA, MN, WA, NV, ME .... but not totally positive ....

That is what is required to place his name into the ring for the nomination at the convention in August.

If so is memory serves me right Paul and santorum can force a brokered convention by not releasing their delegates.
The critical thing is denying Romney 1144 on the first ballot - that can happen in a couple of ways:

1. Romney fails to secure 1144 delegates by the convention ....

2. Romney secures 1144 .... but on the first ballot, some of them abstain from voting and he is denied the number required to secure the nomination ....

After that (some) delegates become "unbound" .... and can vote for whoever they wish ....

Santorum will likely "sell out" and endorse Romney, if he hasn't already .... but AFAIK, he can't bind his delegates to vote for anyone ....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I really don't know if Gingrich is ahead or behind Paul.
Dave,

That's really the point - lots of folks (including most in the MSM) don't actually know what the actual delegate counts are .... because the process that allocates delegates is ongoing and not yet fully complete in some cases .... even in states which have held straw poll "beauty contests" ....

If ya check the fine print (if any), one sees that what is being reported are only "estimates" .... and has been proven repeatedly during the race for the GOP nomination, these "estimates" are not always accurate ....

A very good example of that is what RCP reports as the delegate allocation for IA: .... it is showing exactly "1" for Dr. Paul ....

ROTFLMAO ..... ya just can't make it up ....

FWIW, it will be real interesting to see what comes out of Maine this afternoon ....

Only by your site. Any other ones I have seen shows him behind.

I don't know that yours is any more accurate than the others I have seen.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Republican Delegate Count
See what I wrote above ....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's really the point - lots of folks (including most in the MSM) don't actually know what the actual delegate counts are .... because the process that allocates delegates is ongoing and not yet fully complete in some cases .... even in states which have held straw poll "beauty contests" ....Yeah, there is a LOT of blackmail, arm twisting, bribing and exposing of 'skeletal remains' to be done yet. Obama has yet to get involved. IF he starts to see Paul making a move you can bet your butt he will find something to use against him, or make something up.

Obama and Romney BOTH have to insure that the status quo must be maintained so they can insure their OWN power and glory.

Paul is not a club member.