Abortion-should she have gotten the dealth penalty

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I'm not ignoring it. This is an incredibly delicate subject. I am not taking a side really. I feel both sides. In my mind the real question is, after conception, when are the rapidly dividing cells actually a human being?

That is the question..

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My point is:
If your mother is thumbing the yellow pages under A for abortion...your outlook of a good loving childhood are pretty bad..so why should that child be brought into a life where it will be possibly rejected..not loved..fed..housed..and thrown on society..
Who says its murder anyway...sure wait till the end of the pregnancy ..but im talking at the very beginning of the pregnancy.....guess we will never see eye to eye..

Your argument is nothing but supposition of possibilities.. things that yes, might be possible but in no way are certain. Death is an absolute, a finality, irrevocable. Is there another legitimate name for the taking of innocent life besides murder? I'm not talking about the liberals bull**** renaming of things to make them pretty and acceptable like calling discrimination affirmative action. I'm talking legitimate that intelligent people who actually think with their brains would use.

Your "very beginning" argument is another liberal bull**** argument. That baby is the same person from the moment of conception to the moment of birth and through the generations until death by natural causes. They generally add something to it about viability when they want to extend the killing timetable, arguing since the baby isn't viable unattached to the umbilical it's not truly alive and ok to kill. Hmmm.. great argument and in that case every astronaut and every scuba diver isn't alive since they aren't viable unattached from their umbilicals.

I'm not discussing rape or incest. Those are totally separate and frankly horrible things. I am pointing out that no matter how many bull**** arguments are given it is still bull**** and it is still murder of the innocent for the convenience of the guilty.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'm not ignoring it. This is an incredibly delicate subject. I am not taking a side really. I feel both sides. In my mind the real question is, after conception, when are the rapidly dividing cells actually a human being?

I believe it is around 2 weeks when the fetus has blood flow, even the Bible says blood is life. That gives any woman that was raped or was part of incest a chance to use Plan B.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
This is a conversation I've been leery of posting in but oh well shoot me later.
Let's face it it's easy to be pro life or even pro choice for that matter when you're just making observations. It is totally different to be IN that situation! Unless you've been raped, molested, had birth control fail and it's left you with an unexpected or unwanted pregnancy you can't really say what someone else should or should not do. I personally chose to have my child an be a teenage mom when faced with an unexpected pregnancy but that gives me no right to dictate what others choose to do!
This is not a country where your own religion or personal beliefs dictate what others do...you don't like abortion, your pro life fine then don't have one. You believe marriage is between a man and a women then fine don't marry someone of the same sex. But stop trying to force others to follow your own personal beliefs.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Look at it thus way:
Do you remember being a fetus??

I don't remember being 1 or 2 either so I guess by your theory 11th trimester abortion is no problem.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
This is a conversation I've been leery of posting in but oh well shoot me later.
Let's face it it's easy to be pro life or even pro choice for that matter when you're just making observations. It is totally different to be IN that situation! Unless you've been raped, molested, had birth control fail and it's left you with an unexpected or unwanted pregnancy you can't really say what someone else should or should not do. I personally chose to have my child an be a teenage mom when faced with an unexpected pregnancy but that gives me no right to dictate what others choose to do!
This is not a country where your own religion or personal beliefs dictate what others do...you don't like abortion, your pro life fine then don't have one. You believe marriage is between a man and a women then fine don't marry someone of the same sex. But stop trying to force others to follow your own personal beliefs.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

The problem with believing we shouldn't have a say in what others do on this matter is that pro-life people believe it is murder. Our country has laws to dictate what is not allowed in our society, murder is not allowed. The point of view it needs to be looked at is if you believe a fetus is alive or not or when does it become alive, the whole women's rights issue is just pure propaganda garbage.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Well put...

cubansammich

Not a Member

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Amen! It isn't likely any of those partaking in this discussion ever walked in the shoes you describe.

cubansammich

Not a Member
Additionally, this is really a moot point since the Supreme Court long ago decided abortion is a right protected by the 14th Amendment. With all the babbling that goes on about what is and is not constitutional I wish somebody would bother to read it!

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
The problem with believing we shouldn't have a say in what others do on this matter is that pro-life people believe it is murder. Our country has laws to dictate what is not allowed in our society, murder is not allowed. The point of view it needs to be looked at is if you believe a fetus is alive or not or when does it become alive, the whole women's rights issue is just pure propaganda garbage.

Oh so it's garbage I get to vote or that I get equal pay for doing the same work? Okay I'll just go back to the kitchen! :rolleyes:

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My point is:
If your mother is thumbing the yellow pages under A for abortion...your outlook of a good loving childhood are pretty bad..so why should that child be brought into a life where it will be possibly rejected..not loved..fed..housed..and thrown on society..
Who says its murder anyway...sure wait till the end of the pregnancy ..but im talking at the very beginning of the pregnancy..
I say thank these women for NOT bringing another person into this world for society to raise..and all of you are shaming these women...guess we will never see eye to eye..

You keep making the argument that the option to abortion is being unwanted. That is simply bull. I would argue that even in the case were a mother considered abortion and opted for birth the huge majority grow up loved wanted and cared about.

I buy the women's decision argument way before the one that says abortion is ok because there is a small chance the kid might not be loved.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just because the SC has authorized the murder of innocents doesn't mean it is not still murder. Legal doesn't always mean right. The SC has sanctioned things that are wrong and will do so again in the future, especially if the joke in charge gets four more years to load the court with far left loons like himself.

Bottom line, no matter what the SC says or what those of you who are wrong say it is not the mother's body and it is the murder of innocent life.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are some dumb donkey responses posted. I say dumb donkey because if I say dumb *** the censor will mask it. Truthfully though there are a few dumb *** remarks.

Is it possible to debate an issue without resorting to name calling? :confused:

It is amazing to me, every post I read from our friend in Tx, contains *** or *****. :mad:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Is it possible to debate an issue without resorting to name calling? :confused:

It is amazing to me, every post I read from our friend in Tx, contains *** or *****. :mad:

I don't know I was busy in the kitchen doing us women folk work! :p

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Oh so it's garbage I get to vote or that I get equal pay for doing the same work? Okay I'll just go back to the kitchen! :rolleyes:

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Is this reply a joke? The comment was about abortion being a women's rights issue. Why would you take it out of context and apply it to everything?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Just because the SC has authorized the murder of innocents doesn't mean it is not still murder. Legal doesn't always mean right. The SC has sanctioned things that are wrong and will do so again in the future, especially if the joke in charge gets four more years to load the court with far left loons like himself.

Bottom line, no matter what the SC says or what those of you who are wrong say it is not the mother's body and it is the murder of innocent life.

How many of these unwanted children are you adopting/fostering then???
They need hugs and food..
How big is your house??

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
the whole women's rights issue is just pure propaganda garbage....that's your words not mine, but yes it was a sarcastic joke.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums[/QUOTE]

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

cubansammich

Not a Member
the whole women's rights issue is just pure propaganda garbage....that's your words not mine, but yes it was a sarcastic joke.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O([/QUOTE]

Indeed. It's a shame you had to explain your statement was sarcasm. It speaks volumes of some of the mentalities here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So who introduced the women's rights into this?...obviously it's more of a women's issue, since men don't give birth...