A tip of the hat to all Americans

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's hard to NOT have a good time at Famous Dave's.

It's not the food this time. The place will be packed with Vet's and active duty service members. Any E.O. Vets who will be near the Famous Dave's in Taylor, MI, stop by and join us at 5PM today.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just jokin with ya Dave. Already ate breakfast, had coffee, went to church, started a big pot of homemade chicken soup, had lunch, cleaned a duck and am now working on packing for my deer hunting trip. Later today it's off to Famous Dave's, with some other Vet's for an evening out. Life is good. Don't need anymore coffee! What a full life I live.

Here is a THANK YOU, for you and all your buddies.

My Dad is 89, while he is a little short on recent memories, he recalls
quite vividly his days in the Army Air force during WWII. He was stationed
for a while at Kelly AFB, San Antoine and Roswell NM.

He is my personal hero.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I am looking for a way to subscribe to this thread, haven't found it. Gotta keep an eye on this one.

Actually this thread will probably be cancelled soon. I found this review:

Rotten Potato reviews: "A Tip of the Hat . . ." ** 2 stars out of 5

A new entry into this Falls threads showed great promise. It centered on a good natured jovial type character who espouses his confidence in the American system of Government. This sparked outrage from a defeated Libertarian supporter who has lost all hope for the system.
As if that wasn’t enough drama, another angry character was brought in. A breakaway star of the thread. This guy had decided that after a career in the military and being a fireman/EMT he was entitled to decide what laws he wanted to follow and what taxes he would pay!

I have written, snail mail, my congressman, both senators and Obama, informing them that I will NOT buy ANYTHING that they require me to buy and will NOT pay the fine.

I will become more 'radical' as things progress.

I will fight, and die if needed . . .

The stage was set.

Sadly though the Libertarian became redundant and faded away while our breakaway star backed down from his radical threats:
I will start nothing but will react if FORCED too.

This one is headed for the archives. It receives 2 stars for the potential that it had.
The entire “Soapbox” series has become old and redundant with the same tired characters preaching to the choir and can only be recommended for mild entertainment
:cool:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's what kills me about this "Let's pray for the President's success" crap. If his plan is to steer us onto the rocks, then I don't want him to succeed. You would have to be a fool to want him to succeed at that.
How about we pray for him to renounce collectivism? How about we pray for him to repent of his lying and treachery? Now those are prayers that I can pray for the president!

Cast aside your short sightedness and hatred brother and practice what you preach. Open your eyes, mind and soul to the Lord. Read, comprehend and live the simple truths presented in the following message by Pastor Al:

If you are a genuine believer and follower of Jesus Christ, the question you have to ask yourself is: "Do I believe God is still on the throne?" If the answer is "Yes" then you have no choice but to trust that His sovereign will is being accomplished through what you may currently view as a tragedy. Whether or not our country is being judged for systematically removing God from every facet of our nation, and for legislating the sins of Romans 1, as the laws of our land doesn't matter at this point. The fact remains that God is on the throne.

I know it is very difficult to see the big picture as God does. I know it is next to impossible to realize that the United States is not the center of the universe. And I know it is also hard to not view the events of this election as the end of civilization as we know it. But the fact remains that God is still on the throne.

All throughout the accounts in Scripture, God's chosen nation, Israel, turned away from God again and again. Over the course of decades and even centuries, God judged Israel for their unbelief and brought them to the point of national repentance before once again blessing them. We are not Israel but the principles can be applied to us; yet we need to understand what I just said: It sometimes took decades and even centuries before God's judgment ran its course; and in our case, the nation as a whole hasn't even come close to repenting. We have some small pockets repenting but I am not all that sure that even they have been very sincere. I suspect that most have been repenting on the surface as a means of bargaining with God to have things go their way.

Is our nation fundamentally changing? Yes it is. Is it going to continue in that direction? You bet it is. Are Christian values and morals going to continue to be eliminated through legislation? You can count on it. Does this mean God is done with America? Not by a long shot.

Even in the darkest days of the nation of Israel in Bible times, God always protected and nurtured those who remained true to Him despite their circumstances. As a matter of fact, the times that were the most difficult and dark are the times when the true believers shone the brightest. Those who were simply on the fringe of believing quickly faded away and blended in with the world.

The same happened with the early church in the Book of Acts. When the great Roman persecution hit, the church scattered and the world was evangelized. I'm sure the Christians of the day wondered what in the world was going on, but God was still on the throne and He accomplished His purposes with the handful that remained faithful. The gospel message came to you and I through this dispersion that came from persecution.

Our comfortable and prosperous lifestyle will most likely change fairly quickly. We simply cannot sustain the current debt, the current expansion of people being supported by government, or the current growth of government; there just isn't enough money being generated to do so. But God always takes care of those who are devoted to Him, not those devoted to man and government.

In the big scheme of things this is a minor issue. It is huge for those of us who long for the freedoms we have become accustomed to, but in the scope of God's purposes and plans for this world, it is minor.

God's eschatological timetable continues to draw nearer, and what role America will play is not clear. Whether America is one of the ten nations that will initially make up the final world government doesn't really matter. What is clear and what does matter is that our salvation and our devotion to God are individual choices that have absolutely nothing to do with who is in the White House.

I would love to see America go back to its Christian roots; but that was highly unlikely even if the election went the other way. But the bottom line is genuine believers do not have their citizenship in America; this is not our home by a long shot. We are citizens of heaven; children of the King. And we are here on this earth to do His will. We are still here to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. We are here to tell people that their sins can be eternally forgiven. And Biblical history proves that believers ignore that responsibility when their lives are comfortable and prosperous.

I see a time of great opportunity for genuine believers to step out of the shadows and take a stand for the Lord. Many will fade away, but that will only prove they weren't genuine to begin with. You can live as if the sky has fallen or you can take your stand and show the world what a true Christian looks like.

God is still on the throne! I have to ask again, do you really believe that? The act like it!

Grace, love, mercy and peace to you,

Pastor Al

whistler

Active Expediter
That was kinda of a smart butt answer and rather insulting. I protected our Constitution and Nation for 20 years. I also ran with four volunteer fire companies, 1 structure and 3 wildfire, and was a volunteer, EMT. All at the same time I was with the "Agency". I have put my life on the line in the past and will do so again if needed. It is never a good idea to try to ridiculed those who you don't know.

Thanks for your service. I don't see what it has to do with starting a militia though. I may not know ya but I got your number!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks for your service. I don't see what it has to do with starting a militia though. I may not know ya but I got your number!

No you don't, I don't give it out. You have NO clue who I am or what I may or may not do. I HAVE walked the walk in the past and will again if forced to in the future.

Frankly, I truly wish I could just spend my time on the Detroit River, hunting duck and fishing for walleye an perch. I just want to be left alone to grow old enjoying my life. I did my duty when asked, now it's time to relax. BUT, Obama and Co. want to make sure that I am NOT able to pursue happiness as I choose. It is out of my hands. When they try to stop, I won't. You can do what EVER YOU WANT. It make NO difference to me. You can believe whatever you like, it's still a semi-free country, for now. Besides, why would I even need to start a militia? I can just plug into to one of those that already exist. OR, move to Texas.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . OR, move to Texas.

Gonna become a rancher?

texas-ranch-land.jpg