A tip of the hat to all Americans

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
To all of my fellow Americans, whether your man won or lost, I congratulate you. I congratulate your freedom to praise or criticize the election.
I congratulate those disappointed for wanting something better than what we have been experiencing. 1460 days is not the end of the world, 2920 days is not the end of the world. I have lived and breathed my American freedom for more than 21900 days. I have believed and shared my concerns and hopes. Sometimes the head man was one of my liking sometimes not. What has never changed is "I am an American". I will act as an American and support my country and leaders and with a watchful eye and heart believe my leaders are leading by my convictions that America is still the greatest country in the world and even though we are often under fire, the spirit of freedom that created this country will, as in the past, lead us as one. I congratulate all of you.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
And if Hitler were elected, would you support him too?

Stalin?

Castro?

Don't be so blind, my friend. It's not as simple as them being our leaders. They are our masters. And they will not give up that title, tho the names may change along the way.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Stalin?

Castro?

Don't be so blind, my friend. It's not as simple as them being our leaders. They are our masters. And they will not give up that title, tho the names may change along the way.

That's what kills me about this "Let's pray for the President's success" crap. If his plan is to steer us onto the rocks, then I don't want him to succeed. You would have to be a fool to want him to succeed at that.
How about we pray for him to renounce collectivism? How about we pray for him to repent of his lying and treachery? Now those are prayers that I can pray for the president!

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Stalin?

Castro?

What if the names were:

McCain?

Barr?

Romney?

The system is created. It just worked.
Some liked the result some didnt.
Am I blind, notches on my gun handle say no.
My existence says no.
What I do acknowledge is an imperfect government.
****ed if they do, ****ed if they dont.
There will be no woe is me.
I will survive.
I will flourish.
I remain "An American".
I cant help anyone with what is in their heart.
At 60 years of age I have seen plenty, experienced
plenty and have both good and bad results with good intentions.
Some ones "best interest" is always the motive for
politicians.
Maybe, in four years, the man will be looking out for yours.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's what kills me about this "Let's pray for the President's success" crap. If his plan is to steer us onto the rocks, then I don't want him to succeed. You would have to be a fool to want him to succeed at that.
How about we pray for him to renounce collectivism? How about we pray for him to repent of his lying and treachery? Now those are prayers that I can pray for the president!

Well, "Let's pray for the President's success" are not my words and your implying that
is misleading.
I will stick with my beliefs of being a citizen of the greatest country in the world and respect
your right to bemoan being a citizen here.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
What if the names were:

McCain?

Barr?

Romney?

The system is created. It just worked.
Some liked the result some didnt.
Am I blind, notches on my gun handle say no.
My existence says no.
What I do acknowledge is an imperfect government.
****ed if they do, ****ed if they dont.
There will be no woe is me.
I will survive.
I will flourish.
I remain "An American".
I cant help anyone with what is in their heart.
At 60 years of age I have seen plenty, experienced
plenty and have both good and bad results with good intentions.
Some ones "best interest" is always the motive for
politicians.
Maybe, in four years, the man will be looking out for yours.

Like I said, the names change, whether they have an (R) or (D) behind them. Our country is being run down the tubes ON PURPOSE. The family structure is deteriorating. The attitude, across the board, is nearing 3rd world status. People don't look out for their country anymore... they look out for themselves. Federal government isn't the wise caretaker anymore, it is the wicked nanny. Things like due process, protection from illegal searches and seizures... all gone, if they attach the word 'terrorist' to your name.

The government does not have YOUR best interest at heart. As far as I'm concerned, the election system is a sham anyways. They'll put in the puppet that best suits their needs at the time. Today, Obama gets another day to be the dog. Lick master's feet, Obama. Lick. Lick. Lick.

moose

Veteran Expediter
You guys have it WAY too easy, i have yet another elections to attends to this winter.
poor O'l Moose have to snowbird.

hey Dave, can i please ask you to come play your banjo, as i work my way into the concentrations camp?,(Ooop's, sorry, political correctness in order, it's a FEMA camp nowdays) ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, "Let's pray for the President's success" are not my words and your implying that
is misleading.
I will stick with my beliefs of being a citizen of the greatest country in the world and respect
your right to bemoan being a citizen here.

You are my leading American right behind Xiggi.....If I listened or even considered the other moaners....I'd be depressed....

America will go on...to the like of some and dislike of others....

moose

Veteran Expediter
whats the point of loosing if we can't complain about it ?, give us a break will ya, it's our shining moment.
everyone sing : "it's the end of the world as we know it , it's the end of the world as we know it, it's the..."

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing about it, I've heard it said that if you don't vote you can't complain. Not that this ever stops anybody, of course. I voted absentee because in our business, there's no way to know you'll be home on election day. Still, I have in my possession the proof that I voted, further I have proof that the candidates I voted for in the races I was most interested in (the president, and Illinois 8th congressional district) both lost, so--- I can write letters to the editor, to my congress person, and to both senators to my heart's content. Not that I think my writings will get any traction, because these people all are on the opposite side of the political aisle from me, but I can still write and complain now since I've voted.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Like many, I 'm not thrilled with last nights results either. It could very well be a challenging four years. Then again, it might be a very long pause. Hoping for the latter.
Either way, can't think of another place I would up and want to live there. One doesn't come to that realization until they travel abroad some in my opinion. I wish some would gain that experience as it puts quite a few things in prospective.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Dave, I've been to other countries. Yes, I think America is the best. But to become a cheerleader, like OVM and Dabluzman, just blows my mind. Both are in or near middle age, so they know what our country was like 30-40-50 years ago. If they can 'rah-rah-siscumba' this country, as is, then they are oblivious to how our country has taken a dive into the crapper since then. There are portions of our country that are third world, for christsake!

We are not the country we once were. We are worse off. Things cost higher, we make less money, the government spends like a drunken sailor in a *****house, and our liberties are disappearing. Not to mention that we are being driven towards a new world order, which will tear our Constitution to shreds.

Other than that, I'm peachy.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dave, I've been to other countries. Yes, I think America is the best. But to become a cheerleader, like OVM and Dabluzman, just blows my mind. Both are in or near middle age, so they know what our country was like 30-40-50 years ago. If they can 'rah-rah-siscumba' this country, as is, then they are oblivious to how our country has taken a dive into the crapper since then. There are portions of our country that are third world, for christsake!

We are not the country we once were. We are worse off. Things cost higher, we make less money, the government spends like a drunken sailor in a *****house, and our liberties are disappearing. Not to mention that we are being driven towards a new world order, which will tear our Constitution to shreds.

You got me wrong...I am NOT happy Obama won.....but it is the system we have down here and everything was on the up and up...a winner was declared and there ya have it.....whats ya going to do....?....maybe take your complaints to a higher level of action?....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You got me wrong...I am NOT happy Obama won.....but it is the system we have down here and everything was on the up and up...a winner was declared and there ya have it.....whats ya going to do....?....maybe take your complaints to a higher level of action?....

I'm not necessarily b*tching at Obama in particular, but rather government in general. The right thing hasn't been done in a long time. A lot longer than Obama's been in office.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not necessarily b*tching at Obama in particular, but rather government in general. The right thing hasn't been done in a long time. A lot longer than Obama's been in office.
I understand...government is getting so detached from the founding fathers....they seem to be extending beyond the framework of the constitution....

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You guys have it WAY too easy, i have yet another elections to attends to this winter.
poor O'l Moose have to snowbird.

hey Dave, can i please ask you to come play your banjo, as i work my way into the concentrations camp?,(Ooop's, sorry, political correctness in order, it's a FEMA camp nowdays) ;)

I'd be glad to. I'll even sing out, "Squeal like a pig"...........

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like I said, the names change, whether they have an (R) or (D) behind them. Our country is being run down the tubes ON PURPOSE. The family structure is deteriorating. The attitude, across the board, is nearing 3rd world status. People don't look out for their country anymore... they look out for themselves. Federal government isn't the wise caretaker anymore, it is the wicked nanny. Things like due process, protection from illegal searches and seizures... all gone, if they attach the word 'terrorist' to your name.

The government does not have YOUR best interest at heart. As far as I'm concerned, the election system is a sham anyways. They'll put in the puppet that best suits their needs at the time. Today, Obama gets another day to be the dog. Lick master's feet, Obama. Lick. Lick. Lick.

Contrar monfrair, You are a cheerleader. We are just on opposite sides of the field.
You know things were cheaper in 1800s. Life was simpler they say.
Alas, the grass is alwa.........never mind.
I guess my life differs from yours (thank god).
Too bad your country isnt as good as mine.
If you knew me, you would know how stupid your comments
about being a puppet or licking a masters feet. Again, your country
not mine, sosososo sorry for you.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Contrar monfrair, You are a cheerleader. We are just on opposite sides of the field.
You know things were cheaper in 1800s. Life was simpler they say.
Alas, the grass is alwa.........never mind.
I guess my life differs from yours (thank god).
Too bad your country isnt as good as mine.
If you knew me, you would know how stupid your comments
about being a puppet or licking a masters feet. Again, your country
not mine, sosososo sorry for you.

You got me there. I guess if you wear rose-colored glasses, fantasy land can be a really cool place. I envy you.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Both dabluzman and tenesehawk hit on some good points.
I do agree we are still americians and America is the best place in the world to live We go and vote hoping that we have better and better as time goes on but 2008 and 2012 W.T.F Its time people wake up and realize that our governmet is opperated by a world government. Why do you think the United Nations exist? Our ploiticians are chosen for us and only those who will do the taskmasters bidding will get in.If you dont do thier bidding they destroy you. Yep, I was the crazy white boy in school and the neighborhood.

Remember the famous 1980s slogan.
JUST SAY NO.
To electric koolaide.

Bob Wolf

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

This is not 30 40 or 50 years ago and no matter how much some want to think it is times will always change.

The entire world is connected like never before and those things are going to keep changing and no one is going to stop it. We cannot pretend we are on an island by ourselves.

Financial it is all connected we do need to govern from within but to try and isolate and operate alone financially will mother work.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums