A proposed ban

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I propose a ban on the phrases, "Kool-Aid drinking" and "Rose colored glasses". Please, please would you hacks try and use your imagination and come up with something else?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh man, you sure know how to be a party pooper!!! LOL. Let's see, no koolaid? No rose colored glasses? What is a Dumb-O-Crat to do? ;) Layoutshooter

Last edited:

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I was going to include Dumb-o-crat and Re-bumb-licans (however you say it) but I figured more than half of the posters on here wouldn't know what to say or put a post together without using those phrases also. Wait, those two phrases are also included. :D

are12

Expert Expediter
I propose a ban on the phrases, "Kool-Aid drinking" and "Rose colored glasses". Please, please would you hacks try and use your imagination and come up with something else?

Can we use "their head is in the clouds" instead of "Rose colored glasses"??:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, people often look at things through their head in the clouds. huh?

Ban the agenda
Ban the propaganda
Ban the van

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Head in the clouds is FAR nicer than where I would say most polititions have thier heads!!!!! :eek: Layoutshooter

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Oh man, you sure know how to be a party pooper!!! LOL. Let's see, no koolaid? No rose colored glasses? What is a Dumb-O-Crat to do? ;) Layoutshooter

Hope - Change!
Seig - Heil!
Hope - Change!
Seig - Heil!

Of course, they can continue on with the "WE WON! IT'S OUR COUNTRY NOW!" mantra, while the country crumbles around them.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Hope - Change!
Seig - Heil!
Hope - Change!
Seig - Heil!

Of course, they can continue on with the "WE WON! IT'S OUR COUNTRY NOW!" mantra, while the country crumbles around them.

I must confess, one of the main reasons I proposed the ban was because of you Tennesseahawk; 9 outta of 10 of your posts include the hack Kool-Aid phrase. Leave it to you to turn a post about banning a phrase to something about Obama or Democrats or whatever you are trying to communicate. "WE WON! IT'S OUR COUNTRY NOW!" mantra:confused: I don't recall reading any type of posts with the mantra you speak of.

are12

Expert Expediter
Yeah, people often look at things through their head in the clouds. huh?

Ban the agenda
Ban the propaganda
Ban the van

I guess I need to clarify this: Some people can go through life, looking through rose colored glasses. Other's can go through life, with their head in the clouds (not seeing what is really going on around them).

It is just a nicer way of saying: get your head out of your ___.:D

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I must confess, one of the main reasons I proposed the ban was because of you Tennesseahawk; 9 outta of 10 of your posts include the hack Kool-Aid phrase. Leave it to you to turn a post about banning a phrase to something about Obama or Democrats or whatever you are trying to communicate. "WE WON! IT'S OUR COUNTRY NOW!" mantra:confused: I don't recall reading any type of posts with the mantra you speak of.

Prove it... I dare ya! I might've mentioned kool-aid 9 times out of ALL my posts.

The "WE WON!..." mantra is an aire. Yes, I get it from some on here. Mostly I see it in the polidiocy of everyday liberalism.

BTW, while we're into banning, can we ban "the last 8 years"? What about "Bush lied and ppl died"?

Frankly, it doesn't matter to me if you drink your kool-aid while wearing your rose-colored glasses. But if ppl keep doing it, we'll keep posting it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I couldn't agree more, Witness: wading through the same tired cliches over and over does little to promote respect for the viewpoint of the poster. Maybe we just expected too much when the Soapbox was envisioned as a place for reasoned debate & opinions, but I still think it can be done. [The recent posts by Mr G and 'Rocket' :p among others, are an example]
I'd also include a ban on anything other than proper names: Obama, Republicans, Democrats, etc. The level of disrespect displayed by the cutesy pejoratives is immature, [not to mention tiresome] IMO. As much as I disliked Bush, I seldom referred to him as "the Shrub" except in my head, because he was still the President, no matter how I felt.
Like my daddy always told me: "If you want to be treated as an adult, you need to act like one."

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
RCG_Logo_Banner.jpg

And MY daddy always said "respect had to be earned"...respect is not a gimmee....

yeah it seems... Koolaid and rose coloured glasses are the lefts response when they don't have anything meanful to say about anything relevent....

ROSE-COLORED GLASSES - "Some unfortunate people never take their rose-colored glasses off, but everyone wears these spectacles occasionally. This attitude of cheerful optimism, of seeing everything in an attractive, pleasant light, has always been with us, while the expression itself goes back to at least 1861, when it is first recorded in 'Tom Brown at Oxford': 'Oxford was a sort of Utopia to the Captain.He continued to behold towers, and quadrangles, and chapels, through rose-colored glasses." From the "Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins" by Robert Hendrickson (Facts on File, New York, 1997)

pl0181_1.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Uh oh OVM - I think you better back up on that remark about 'koolaid and rose colored glasses" as the favorite response of the left - koolaid being one of LDB's favorite terms, and rose colored glasses having been used a lot by DaveKC. Neither of whom is exactly a flaming lib, eh?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Uh oh OVM - I think you better back up on that remark about 'koolaid and rose colored glasses" as the favorite response of the left - koolaid being one of LDB's favorite terms, and rose colored glasses having been used a lot by DaveKC. Neither of whom is exactly a flaming lib, eh?

Is it not true?

If being a optimist means I need rose colour glasses..so be it...as opposed to a doom and gloomist...always looking for the darkside of things...what a miserable life that would be eh?

Last edited:

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi

I feel that the problem with this forum is that everyone is wasting time trying to find someone to blame instead of trying to find a solution to the problems.

I dare each of you to post a viable solution to a problem,be it(political, economical or enviromental) without pionting the finger at someone else.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi

I feel that the problem with this forum is that everyone is wasting time trying to find someone to blame instead of trying to find a solution to the problems.

I dare each of you to post a viable solution to a problem,be it(political, economical or enviromental) without pionting the finger at someone else.

Now I am speechless...thanks!!;)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hi

Are you talking a personal solution, or national? I'll give you my answers to both.

Me: Do my best to survive the depression (yes, Michigan is in a depression now). Campaign for Romney/Paul in the next election.

Nationally: We put Romney/Paul in the White House.

I like Palin, but we need someone who knows what's going on to help Romney fix this crap.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think we should ban posts about banning free speech.

If you're got something to say, say it.