A.Blair Enterprises

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
You may want to use the "Search" feature at the top of the page.

This will help you to review previous posts regarding a particular carrier or subject of interest.

After you read through the posts you can then send those persons a Private Message to ask questions.

This method will generally put you in touch with folks who currently are leased to, or have been leased to, a carrier of interest.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
They are excellent, IF YOU can hold up YOUR end. If you are a "don't wanna type - stay away.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Probably a pretty good description. May want to look up Chetjester and send him a PM as he drives for them.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If all they use is NLM, they're probably in the same boat as the rest of the NLM guys. You might want to find that out; cause the archives won't tell you about the situation we're in with the big 3.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If all they use is NLM, they're probably in the same boat as the rest of the NLM guys. You might want to find that out; cause the archives won't tell you about the situation we're in with the big 3.

Theres a lot more that use NLM then the Big 3......

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Oh, i'd agre bout their % of nlm. My revenue from nlm wuz bout 1500 buks last year. Got away from them along time ago. Magine blair has diversified recently.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A. Blair has diversified from handling strictly NLMI. Although that has been the main part of our freight, they have been smart enough to branch out from there.

Before Christmas, I brought an AC unit from Dallas to Tampa and returned with a load of computers from St. Pete going to DFW Airport. Sunday, 1/4 I picked up a trade show display from a hotel in Dallas and took that to Las Vegas. None of these loads had a single auto part.

We are slow just as everybody else is. No magic here. I personally think I went back to work a week too soon. But, I'm an optimist and hope when I get to El Paso tomorrow, I'll be looking at a nice load going somewhere Monday.

A. Blair works with most O/O's. But just like everything else, if you want to work hard, there will be more loads for you. If you require dispatching at 40 mph, then don't expect a lot of opportunities.

woodlawn

Seasoned Expediter
Hey chetjester, How was your trip to El Paso, was it worth going. The reason why I'm wanting to know about A.Blair is that I live only 70 miles away from Louisville, and I really would like to do business with them. I'm considering getting back on the road as a cargo van owner leased to another company. In the future, I would like to purchase a straight truck, and run teams through A.Blair because of the distance from home. Could you tell me a little bit more about A.Blair. Good luck out there.

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
"Distance from home"??? Sounds a bit suspect to me. Believe you'll find, distance from home to the office in this business will make little or no difference in the grand scheme of things.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Right. Distance from home makes no difference. I live in Arlington, TX and it appears to be the perfect place to live for me since I can stop at the house every time I'm running to/from Laredo or El Paso. I don't spend much time in Louisville but pass through there a lot.

At this time, Blair doesn't lease on cargo vans. They have three of their own and I don't think they can run an O/O van and make a profit.

Freight is slow for a lot of us right now. I'm sitting at home with Blair's truck at Stewart & Stevenson getting an estimate on replacing the EGR Cooler. Big bucks there.

Before you make any decisions regarding what you would like to do, contact Blair and see what they want to do.

zack100

Active Expediter
Chet,

Let's say a company in KY has a small fleet of company owned trucks. That company ask a potential driver (me - 1099 indep contractor - driving company truck) to be ready to purchase W/C insurance - as if I had it ready to purchase when that company needs a driver ....... then I'd have a leg up. Do you know of any insurance company I can contact to get a quote for this work comp policy (or a similar ins policy which will work)??? If ya don't mind, just toss me a private mssg so as not to bother all the good expediters with this boring topic. Thank You Zack

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Chet,

Let's say a company in KY has a small fleet of company owned trucks. That company ask a potential driver (me - 1099 indep contractor - driving company truck) to be ready to purchase W/C insurance - as if I had it ready to purchase when that company needs a driver ....... then I'd have a leg up. Do you know of any insurance company I can contact to get a quote for this work comp policy (or a similar ins policy which will work)??? If ya don't mind, just toss me a private mssg so as not to bother all the good expediters with this boring topic. Thank You Zack

AIG

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
I have worked with A Blair in the past. They have handled all of our loads successfully and ontime. Their O/O's where courteous and always made their check calls. From our experience they seem like a great company and understand their responsibilities to critical freight.

From talking to their drivers when they show up at our warehouse they also had good things to say about their company. Thats hard to get these days. I would ask around a little more but I would recommend them.