15 days is to long.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
Bad enough that I had to replace a driver, but that driver left me with a paper work mess. Panther won't even back date the pro's for me. The accounting department is a mess and they are slow updating the system. They put a 15 day terms on Pro's that were done the first week of March. I had to fax them over about five times and call the settlement department several more times before I got any action.

15 days after the paper work is recieved is far to long to go without pay. They need to pay once the customer pays and all paper work is recieved. The pay should be within that week or even same day. This is a good topic for the next driver council meeting.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
15 days after the paper work is recieved is far to long to go without pay. They need to pay once the customer pays and all paper work is recieved.

The customer is probably on a 30 day if not 90 day billing. Do you really want to wait that long?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Panther's paperwork must have changed since I left there 3 years ago. All I think I had to turn in to get paid was a pro bill, bol, logs, and I think fuel tickets. One company I drove for we had to turn it all of that plus another form where we put down our odometer reading when we enter and left a state, what our route was, did we fuel, where we fueled, and what our total miles where. Plus since we were company we had to turn in an expense sheet with receipts if we wanted reimbursement. Where did we spend the money store name and town and state, what did we spend it on, and receipt number.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Call tomorow and ask for Jemmy in th ePayroll department. This man it is the angel saver for us , and I things he will be for you to. He is one who can help you, he know everythning about the mess and know how to do the accounting it is real professional .I have a problem today with a pay on pro , thay transfer me from to other one person but I want specificly for him , he call be at home and foe 5 min we resolve the problem . Call him you will be supprise how he handele in good way the situation. God Luck . And kept in tucjh in my PM to see if you have the solve the problem with the Jammy..........

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Been told by many friends that was on with Panther that they was a good company except for their settlement department. We always get paid ontime at my carrier.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
Bad enough that I had to replace a driver, but that driver left me with a paper work mess. Panther won't even back date the pro's for me. The accounting department is a mess and they are slow updating the system. They put a 15 day terms on Pro's that were done the first week of March. I had to fax them over about five times and call the settlement department several more times before I got any action.

15 days after the paper work is recieved is far to long to go without pay. They need to pay once the customer pays and all paper work is recieved. The pay should be within that week or even same day. This is a good topic for the next driver council meeting.

I know what you mean waiting on money is just insane.I wish there was a company like panther in that it was a good size company that let you book your own loads and do the expedite to.unlike panther that would pay you same day.

I wonder if a guy had a dot number and used the fein number from that dot number to set up a factoring account at freightrevolution.com and had the truck leased to panther under that same fein.
if he could print off load offer and make an invoice for the amount on that load offer
put it with one of the original bols and overnight it to freightrevolution.com they would pay you 95% of the amount via com-check express code then they would forward panther the original with a bill for the amount on the load sheet and wait the 15 days for you.

to me it seems since we are contractors we are the ones extending credit to the carriers
how many times have you sent in an envelope with 7 or 8 thousand in paperwork and wished you could have that money now?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You can now get 55 percent of the line haul at POD. Not perfect, but it is better than waiting the 30/60/90 days for payment. It helps the cash strapped that are doing brokered loads as well.
There is that other option of a 7 day plan, but Panther charges I believe 3 percent for it.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Didn't you monitor the stuff on the owners web site? If you had you could have kept on the driver to get it sent in.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Payroll has worked the same way for at least 3.25 years that I know of. Everyone likes to rag on them for not paying sooner but they do pay a significant amount within at most hours of POD and usually within minutes. Folks working for Acme widgets, that don't get paid for 15 days until either the 15th or 31st rolls around, don't get anything in between paydays. As already mentioned, especially for those who send paperwork promptly, they regularly won't have been paid by the customer before they pay the remainder on the 15 day cycle. Yes, I'd love it to be that at POD the entire amount including fsc and accessorials goes straight to the bank, but the current system isn't unreasonable.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Is there payroll people for certain teams? Like the A team, B team, etc?? Or is it just one payroll department for everyone? Because I don't usually run into problems with payroll. Once they messed up pay for a load. We had to go to a dock to get it reworked so it wasn't too heavy on the front axle, and they accidentally paid us for those miles like we did a swap. They apologized and had it fixed for the next check. I always watch online to see when papers are received and proccessed and they are always helpful when I have questions. So, that's why I'm wondering if there's only 1 department, or several?

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
DD you are born under lucky start!!!!!!!!! Belive me I nevera have so much problems in my life like now woth this company........... but very son I will be happy agine. Tell hello to Disel Diva .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Payroll is it's own department and not divided by teams. Panther has warts, some of them significant, but so do other companies. People choose what they can tolerate and choose what pushes their buttons. They just have to choose a company with the warts they choose to tolerate.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I think part of the problem is that so many people come on here to ask questions and end up venting and complaining about Panther's procedures and stuff. They're a big company, so of course you end up with a lot of people doing this. Then people join in, and it just turns into a bashing session. They are not perfect, but not as bad as they are made to be, In my opinion. It's just that people come on here, and only see all the bad things people write and don't hear as much from the people who are pleased with them. If they were that bad, there wouldn't be people with as large of fleets on with them. Or people who have been with them from the beginning. It seems most companies are fairly the same, but you have to find who meets most of your preferences.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Not defending anybody. But, if you clowns would learn to do STEADY windshield time, submit the paperwork promptly (not wait till ya got 6-8K), get the pipeline filled up, You'd get a paycheck every week. It's pretty simple with ALL companys.

Not a payroll problem folks, jes a want/need it now problem, an the wanters/needers didn't play by the rules. Now they're sad.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I had my issues with the "payroll department" this week. On Wednesday when they issued my statement on how much I was getting deposited I had noticed that my check was shorter than it was supposed to be. Granted I had been out of service since Friday, however, Panther ie: Shawn Kessler had decided to go against policy because I hadn't had a load since last Wednesday (which wasn't my fault since I was on the Akron/Cleveland board Thursday and Friday on a First out. They held one of my pros for 508 miles until next week. Their answer for holding my pro was that I needed money to cover next week's expenses...qc, insurance etc. The only problem I have is this....If I was to stay available they would have payed me that pro anyways but are charging me since I am out of service. I informed him (Jimmy in the payroll, who couldn't do anything since it was out of his hands) that I was coming back on Sunday at 1700. I am on the quick pay program and I called a driver rep back and informed her that they shouldn't charge me the 3% since they aren't paying me the pro within the allotted time. Well, there's nothing that I can do about it except vent on EO. Not to mention the car that I was driving back from Florida decided to have a flat tire on Rt 71 here in Grove City, OH. Thanks Florida for dry rotting all my tires! So I'm sitting here til my grandma gets back so I can put new tires on my car and I am 1 pro short of a full paycheck. And not to mention 1 fry short of a Happy Meal this morning. Oh well, back to the drawing board! Yes, Jimmy helped me the best he could. So i give him a lot of credit. I too have also been having problems with pros paying out in 15 days rather than the 7 like they should be.

Last edited:

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
I am very sorry to find out what happend to you..........I hope you get out of the problems, today..........Yes always somthing it is wrong with a pay we have the same opinion, but the Jimmy is one who know what happend and always tray to help I like this guy he is very good with the numbers, the rest I don't know from where thay get the job in the Panther in Payroll department- maybe from the local Wal Mart store:eek:'
Good Luck and I wish you the best for the next comming days ......