12 Volt Electric Blanket

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Do them 12v fan / heaters they sell in the truck stops work good ? I wanna buy one but wanna ask before i buy

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Do them 12v fan / heaters they sell in the truck stops work good ? I wanna buy one but wanna ask before i buy

For a few minutes...we've got a garage full of junk like that, that wouldn't measure up to a better unit. And they're overpriced for what they are. You'd have better luck in a walmart in the appliance aisle.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
5 amp draw is no big deal...guess my impression that they were power hogs is wrong...with all of you using them, i might pick one up and lay i ON the air mattress and then get in the mummy bag....thanks for correcting my thoughts on them...:D

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layoutshooter,

We have a Webasto bunk heater, runs all night off and on as it is programmed by a thermostat. They are located up near Fenton,MI
We LOVE it. Toasty warm, all night long. Really nice people at their Fenton store/factory
very helpful.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
isn't the webasto actually more money than the espar?

i looked at the 12 electric blankets and they measured 41" x 59". maybe good for a shortie like piper but us real sized folk need a blanket 76" long minimum. the beds ae 48" wide so gracie and i would be fighting for the warmth all nite.

if i get anywhere near romulus in feb my guess is we will be stopping at rays.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layoutshooter,

We have a Webasto bunk heater, runs all night off and on as it is programmed by a thermostat. They are located up near Fenton,MI
We LOVE it. Toasty warm, all night long. Really nice people at their Fenton store/factory
very helpful.

I have not looked into those yet, but I will be. Thanks.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
maybe good for a shortie like piper but us real sized folk need a blanket 76" long minimum.

Us shorties get to sleep sideways in the van and stretch out. You must get cold having to leave the side door open for your legs. How do you deal with the frostbite on your feet and calves?:rolleyes:

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
No Piper he sleeps on an angle and gets his feet stuck up the side of the passenger seat and leaves toe prints on the window.
Rob

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
isn't the webasto actually more money than the espar?

i looked at the 12 electric blankets and they measured 41" x 59". maybe good for a shortie like piper but us real sized folk need a blanket 76" long minimum. the beds ae 48" wide so gracie and i would be fighting for the warmth all nite.

if i get anywhere near romulus in feb my guess is we will be stopping at rays.

The wife puts the blanket on the bottom...to warm up the mattress before getting in....the underside gets all the cold off the floor...it keeps her back toasty...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
MMMMM, I wonder. IF we had enough expediters who wanted to put in ESPAR heaters if we could "POOL" our orders though one dealer and take advantage of the discounts? Just thinking out loud.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
MMMMM, I wonder. IF we had enough expediters who wanted to put in ESPAR heaters if we could "POOL" our orders though one dealer and take advantage of the discounts? Just thinking out loud.

Hey yeah....Let EO be the buyer..as our agent....EO would make the group purchase...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am not sure if "EO" can get involed, advertising etc. BUT, WE can arrange it in here. I don't think that would be out of line but Lawrance could tell us about that. We SHOULD patronize an EO advertiser. They would pass on the savings to the drivers and make their profits on the installations. Anyone interested? Is this an OK thing Lawrance? Not looking to cause any trouble.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The wife puts the blanket on the bottom...to warm up the mattress before getting in....the underside gets all the cold off the floor...it keeps her back toasty...

uh...no...it goes on the top and you just gotta have a warm pair of flannel sheets to go with it.

Ban the percale in the winter!!!!:)