The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm refering to being called out for using the term "moron" and you know it. If I'm going the get a spanking, then everybody else should also!
Did you write the text on that meme? I'm not calling you or anyone else out. I'm talking about the meme. And the sad state of Leftist's attempts at creating them.

If you want to call Trump supporters morons, that's fine, because that works both ways with Biden supporters and is standard fare in political rhetoric. But it doesn't work in a meme that uses a Bible reference.

The Bible uses "the people" instead of "the morons." if that meme had used "the people" it would give the meme more meaning and the weight of the entire Bible... clever. But swapping in "morons" turns it into just a childish mocking whine. It has the same level of cleverness and sophistication of a kid going, "Well, you're a big poopie head!" Makes the kid feel better about himself, I suppose, and he thinks he gotcha good!, but it doesn't really land a valid or important point.

And it's why the Left can't meme. Everything is emotional on the most basic level, with no sense of humor. When the Left tries to meme it ends up being pathetic and sad, or cringe, or just blatant propaganda.

For the above meme to work, it should say "the people" and instead of a gold Trumpcalf it should be orange, or even better, the face should be orange.

The Internet is awash with "news" stories about Trump and the Golden Calf comparisons, almost all of them written by people who aren't religious and have no grasp of the full meaning of the story, much less know the difference between an idol and a sculpture, but it's a cheap and easy way to call Trump supporters "poopie heads."

ATeam

Retired Expediter
At present, Trump faces 13 lawsuits or criminal investigations, and the list is expected to grow. I stumbled upon this URL today, which provides a handy way to stay current on the Trump litigation/prosecution topic as the cases expand in number and individually progress.

Litigation Tracker: Pending Criminal and Civil Cases Against Donald Trump

Also of interest: Supreme Court rejects Trump final election challenge

Over 40 attempts were made in various courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, and including several courts run by Trump-appointed judges, to challenge the 2020 election results. NONE of those attempts to present evidence and/or convincing legal arguments were successful. Over 40 attempts were made by a number of different lawyers presenting a variety arguments. ZERO succeeded.

The courts found no reason to overturn the election (judicial branch). The U.S. Congress certified the election (legislative branch). Even the executive branch of government said "the election was the most secure in American History." (Source)

Trump is out of the White House and no longer protected by the privileges of the presidency. So the lawsuits and prosecutions are increasing in number and speed.

Trump's response has been to argue against the lawsuits and prosecutions, which any defendant or prospective defendant will do. He is also consolidating his iron grip on the Republican party, most recently by encouraging donors to send their money to Trump, not the party. And he is organizing revenge campaigns against the Republican representatives and senators who voted to impeach him.

That's pretty much it, it seems to me. Make America great again by seizing party control, seizing Republican party donor money, organizing revenge campaigns against Republicans and fighting off the lawsuits and criminal prosecutions as they grow in number and speed.

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
You can't overturn election results due to election fraud by using the courts. Justices are merely former lawyers that have put on robes. They don't have the political courage. The only way to curtail or contain election fraud is to deal with in real time when it's happening. But as we've seen, certain areas take on a mob like approach to prevent access of witnesses of potential illegal acts.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You can't overturn election results due to election fraud by using the courts.

False.

Justices are merely former lawyers that have put on robes. They don't have the political courage. The only way to curtail or contain election fraud is to deal with in real time when it's happening. But as we've seen, certain areas take on a mob like approach to prevent access of witnesses of potential illegal acts.

... "people who are inclined to commit voter intimidation" ... is spelled wrong in the sentence above.

:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Trump's response has been to argue against the lawsuits and prosecutions, which any defendant or prospective defendant will do. He is also consolidating his iron grip on the Republican party, most recently by encouraging donors to send their money to Trump, not the party. And he is organizing revenge campaigns against the Republican representatives and senators who voted to impeach him.

That's pretty much it, it seems to me. Make America great again by seizing party control, seizing Republican party donor money, organizing revenge campaigns against Republicans and fighting off the lawsuits and criminal prosecutions as they grow in number and speed.
Sounds like a good plan. Some of those "establishment anti Trump republicans" are compromised. Many will be elected out of office and replaced with someone better even without Trump's help.
Blount is leaving. Mitch is on his way out. He can't cover for China forever.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like a good plan. Some of those "establishment anti Trump republicans" are compromised. Many will be elected out of office and replaced with someone better even without Trump's help.

Like Perdue and Loeffler were in Georgia ?

:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can't overturn election results due to election fraud by using the courts.
I don't know if "can't" is the proper word, as in "unable to" or "impossible to," but thus far, in the history of contested US elections, not a single court has overturned the results of an election (due to fraud, or anything else). There have been a few elections that have been invalidated due to fraud or other criminal actions, but in every one of those cases, the remedy was either a court-ordered or -recommended rerun, or criminal charges, and never simply overturning the results and handing the election over to the aggrieved party.

There was one time it almost happened, though. And in-effect kinda did, but it didn't really (technically) survive the appeal. The 1993 special election race in Pennsylvania for State Senate was overturned by a federal district court due to massive fraud in, not surprisingly, Philadelphia, where Democrats got caught doing what Democrats have elevated to an art form - playing around with absentee ballots - and the judge ruled the Republican Bruce Marks to be the winner over Democrat candidate William Stinson (a former assistant Deputy Mayor of Philadelphia). An appeals court agreed with the findings fraud but not the remedy, and recommended criminal charges against Stinson (for which he was acquitted by a judge even after admitting in court under oath that he did exactly what he was accused of doing, but I digress), and that the State Legislature, not the courts, should be the one to decide whether to not to seat Marks (they did).

Reactions: ATeam and muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I see the Fake News is at again and are now eating crow because they got a story wrong AGAIN.
And it was "independently corroborated" by other "news" outlets. So it had to be true...not.
https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_bf7b5a5c...png

Screenshot_20210316-163800.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle