The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No? What do you mean no? It's humor!

Oh, that's right. The Left has no sense of humor. It's why the Left can't meme.

Uhm, my bigger point is the US Intel community's job is to lie. The second worst thing people can do in this regard s believe the IC wholesale. The first worst thing people can do is pick and choose what to believe from the IC based on politically expedient narrative rather than on facts, plausibility and probability.

Everything in that "report" and in the media reporting thereof is a little too on the nose. Russia and Iran influenced the election, but NOT CHINA! YOU LEAVE CHINA ALONE! And while Russia and Iran influenced the election, they didn't mess with the actual votes. HEY! THE VOTES WERE ROCK SOLID! THE ELECTION WAS FREE, FAIR AND TRANSPARENT, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT, BUB!

The whole thing is laughable.

Last edited:
Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Old enough to remember when the IC said the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation, yet in December of last year the FBI reportedly has used said laptop in their investigation of Hunter.

Reactions: Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That nice lady ... who looked like she was about to just die ... you know: when Mr. Trump - the ex-President - was explaining about the COVID lights and injecting stuff ...

:tearsofjoy:

Birx on Trump's disinfectant 'injection' moment: 'I still think about it every day'
She trusted China a bit too much early on.
#droppedtheball
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pandemic expert Dr. Deborah Birx says U.S. officials initially responded to the coronavirus outbreak the way that they did because they thought it was going to be &quot;more like SARS&quot; and not a &quot;global pandemic&quot; *BECAUSE* &quot;we were missing a significant amount of the data&quot; from China <a href="https://t.co/yFkzqqDBHh">pic.twitter.com/yFkzqqDBHh</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) <a href=" ">April 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
No? What do you mean no? It's humor!

Of course ... as was my response.

Oh, that's right. The Left has no sense of humor.

Sez who ?

It's why the Left can't meme.

A popular, somewhat self-aggrandizing myth ... that some on the right find it politically convenient to embrace.

Uhm, my bigger point is the US Intel community's job is to lie.

No, it isn't.

The second worst thing people can do in this regard s believe the IC wholesale. The first worst thing people can do is pick and choose what to believe from the IC based on politically expedient narrative rather than on facts, plausibility and probability.

Sounds kinda similar ... to that whole thing about the political left and memes ...

Everything in that "report" and in the media reporting thereof is a little too on the nose. Russia and Iran influenced the election, but NOT CHINA! YOU LEAVE CHINA ALONE! And while Russia and Iran influenced the election, they didn't mess with the actual votes. HEY! THE VOTES WERE ROCK SOLID! THE ELECTION WAS FREE, FAIR AND TRANSPARENT, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT, BUB!

How's that whole "Kraken" thing coming along these days ?

Any signs of its release yet ?

The whole thing is laughable.

It's not only the thing that's laughable.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't really care whether you believe or refuse to admit the Left Can't Meme. The truth isn't dependent on your belief of it. The Left is so bad at memes that the Left Can't Meme has become a meme. There are scientific papers written about it, from the Left for the Left, in the hopes that the Left can learn how to meme. Lots and lots of results on Google about it. Entire discussions on Reddit about it. In order for the Left to meme, they first have to break out of their bubble, but they either can't or won't.

Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Donald Trump said it at CPAC in February. He said it again on air (FOX News) March 16. Trump is urging his supporters to get vaccinated. Donald and Melania both got vaccinated in January. It's OK for you to get vaccinated too.

It's actually more than OK. It's helpful. My wife Diane and I are small business owners urging everyone to get vaccinated. It makes things much easier for businesses if you do. No business wants to impose mask and space restrictions, but we can't lift them until a high percentage of people are vaccinated. Please help. Thank you.

And thank you, Donald Trump, for broadcasting this important message.

P.S. Yes, you have the freedom to refuse. But you also have the freedom to help. Diane and I would deeply appreciate your help. Our gym can help so many more once these damn restrictions are lifted. By getting vaccinated, you can help all business prosper and more people return to work.

Reactions: RLENT

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Curious , not about Mr. Trumps urging folks to be vaccinated, but the statement that Mr. trump had been vaccinated against contracting covid-19. He had the virus eight or nine months before he left office. I seem to remember reading some where about folks that already having had the covid-19 virus being recommended to seek the vaccine as well. Is there some definitive report about this recommendation ?

Reactions: ATeam

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Curious , not about Mr. Trumps urging folks to be vaccinated, but the statement that Mr. trump had been vaccinated against contracting covid-19. He had the virus eight or nine months before he left office. I seem to remember reading some where about folks that already having had the covid-19 virus being recommended to seek the vaccine as well. Is there some definitive report about this recommendation ?
From the CDC....

If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

illustration of a COVID-19 vaccine vial

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19 in real-world conditions. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some people haven't been able to get vaccinated even if they want to get it. It's been a slow process for areas around here that aren't in Detroit.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Some people haven't been able to get vaccinated even if they want to get it. It's been a slow process for areas around here that aren't in Detroit.

It's spotty in many places throughout the US.

That's to be expected when the demand exceeds the supply.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Hamilton County, tn, is doing well on Vaccines and the local VA center is great...easy to get in and out,,,none of that car waiting stuff, the VA in Murfreesboro tn ,,,has walk in clinic,,bring you ID,,simple... lets go fishing..................

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Donald Trump said it at CPAC in February. He said it again on air (FOX News) March 16. Trump is urging his supporters to get vaccinated. Donald and Melania both got vaccinated in January. It's OK for you to get vaccinated too.

It's actually more than OK. It's helpful. My wife Diane and I are small business owners urging everyone to get vaccinated. It makes things much easier for businesses if you do. No business wants to impose mask and space restrictions, but we can't lift them until a high percentage of people are vaccinated. Please help. Thank you.

And thank you, Donald Trump, for broadcasting this important message.

P.S. Yes, you have the freedom to refuse. But you also have the freedom to help. Diane and I would deeply appreciate your help. Our gym can help so many more once these damn restrictions are lifted. By getting vaccinated, you can help all business prosper and more people return to work.
I'm not quite sure how getting people vaccinated will change restrictions given the stance by the current administration regarding masks. Their lead go-to guy Dr. Fauci appears to be of the opinion that even if you are vaccinated you should continue to wear a mask. So it looks like the current restrictions may last indefinitely because as we all know, once Biden was elected one of his first hires was Fauci. So he definitely respects his opinion and advice. And that advice may very well be more masks all the time.
On a side note, if Trump would have been reelected, Dr. Fauci would have been fired shortly after, and due to the vaccination program the mask restrictions would be on the way out.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh, one more thing. The Vice President Kamala Harris has said previously and publicly before the election that if Donald Trump told her to take the vaccine, she wouldn't. So how much has that swayed people today who admire her and voted for her, believe what she has to say, to not take the vaccine. And wouldn't Trump saying to take it cause people that listened to what Harris said not to take it?
I mean, 81 million people voted for her so she does have a following.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'm not quite sure how getting people vaccinated will change restrictions given the stance by the current administration regarding masks. Their lead go-to guy Dr. Fauci appears to be of the opinion that even if you are vaccinated you should continue to wear a mask. So it looks like the current restrictions may last indefinitely because as we all know, once Biden was elected one of his first hires was Fauci. So he definitely respects his opinion and advice. And that advice may very well be more masks all the time.
On a side note, if Trump would have been reelected, Dr. Fauci would have been fired shortly after, and due to the vaccination program the mask restrictions would be on the way out.
There is more to life than Donald Trump or Joe Biden. If you run everything through a partisan Trump/Biden filter, you will miss a lot, like the reason why vaccinations will help lift some pressure off businesses.

Florida, where we are located, has no statewide mask mandate. Some local jurisdictions do and some do not. That did not change when Trump went out and Biden came in. It did not change in response to CDC recommendations. It did not change when Dr. Fauchi started wearing double masks. The president does not set mask policy at the state and local level.

While Florida has no statewide mask mandate and no social distancing requirements, Many businesses choose to impose them. Go into any Home Depot, Wallgreens, McDonalds and other national chains, and you will find staff wearing masks and social distancing very much in place. They do that, I think, because of public opinion, and perhaps because their in-house lawyers seek to minimize liability by following the CDC.

Getting people vaccinated will help shift public opinion about the virus threat. COVID-19 is not as scary as it once was because vaccinations are now available. The more people get vaccinated, the less scared they will become. And the less they will care about wearing masks and maintaining distance. The less scared people are, the less likely it will be that states and big companies will mandate masks and social distancing.

The sooner that happens, the sooner we can lift the self-imposed restrictions in our gym and thereby return pre-covid operations and revenues. As with our small business, so too with many others. For example, one of our gym members is a travel agent. The more people get vaccinated, the sooner cruise ships will run again, and the more money she can make by once again selling cruise trips.

Bank lobbies have been closed and bank employees have been laid off because of COVID-19. The more people get vaccinated, the sooner lobbies can be staffed again as normal life resumes.

The car wash down the street has suffered as people went out less. The more people get vaccinated, the more they will go out, and the better the car wash will do.

In my own case, there is an upcoming conference I want to attend in July in Orlando. I ruled it out until recently. Now fully vaccinated, I'm eager to go. Diane will not go if she is not vaccinated in time. She will go if she is. That's two tickets sold, more convention exhibitors visited, and likely more business done because of the vaccine.

I could go on, but I think you'll see the point. Vaccinations are the closest thing to a return to normal life we have. The more people get them, the better it is for business in general.

Soon, the State of Florida will reach the point where everyone who wants the vaccine will have it, and those who do not want the vaccine will care no more about COVID-19 than they did before. That's when I think public opinion will sway decisively toward normal life. No business is going to want to impose restrictions to protect people who do not care about covid; either because they have never cared, or because they no longer care because the vaccine helps them feel safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackpup and RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is more to life than Donald Trump or Joe Biden. If you run everything through a partisan Trump/Biden filter, you will miss a lot, like the reason why vaccinations will help lift some pressure off businesses.

Florida, where we are located, has no statewide mask mandate. Some local jurisdictions do and some do not. That did not change when Trump went out and Biden came in. It did not change in response to CDC recommendations. It did not change when Dr. Fauchi started wearing double masks. The president does not set mask policy at the state and local level.

While Florida has no statewide mask mandate and no social distancing requirements, Many businesses choose to impose them. Go into any Home Depot, Wallgreens, McDonalds and other national chains, and you will find staff wearing masks and social distancing very much in place. They do that, I think, because of public opinion, and perhaps because their in-house lawyers seek to minimize liability by following the CDC.

Getting people vaccinated will help shift public opinion about the virus threat. COVID-19 is not as scary as it once was because vaccinations are now available. The more people get vaccinated, the less scared they will become. And the less they will care about wearing masks and maintaining distance. The less scared people are, the less likely it will be that states and big companies will mandate masks and social distancing.

The sooner that happens, the sooner we can lift the self-imposed restrictions in our gym and thereby return pre-covid operations and revenues. As with our small business, so too with many others. For example, one of our gym members is a travel agent. The more people get vaccinated, the sooner cruise ships will run again, and the more money she can make by once again selling cruise trips.

Bank lobbies have been closed and bank employees have been laid off because of COVID-19. The more people get vaccinated, the sooner lobbies can be staffed again as normal life resumes.

The car wash down the street has suffered as people went out less. The more people get vaccinated, the more they will go out, and the better the car wash will do.

In my own case, there is an upcoming conference I want to attend in July in Orlando. I ruled it out until recently. Now fully vaccinated, I'm eager to go. Diane will not go if she is not vaccinated in time. She will go if she is. That's two tickets sold, more convention exhibitors visited, and likely more business done because of the vaccine.

I could go on, but I think you'll see the point. Vaccinations are the closest thing to a return to normal life we have. The more people get them, the better it is for business in general.

Soon, the State of Florida will reach the point where everyone who wants the vaccine will have it, and those who do not want the vaccine will care no more about COVID-19 than they did before. That's when I think public opinion will sway decisively toward normal life. No business is going to want to impose restrictions to protect people who do not care about covid; either because they have never cared, or because they no longer care because the vaccine helps them feel safe.
The Biden administration may not set policy at the local level but they sure can sway public opinion using their public platform with the willing assistance of the Democratic "News" Industrial Complex. And with the promotion by the large Social Media Oligarchs who also will censor and remove different opinions and scientific analysis that isn't accepted by those in the Administration.
So their current stance is to wear the mask even if you have received the vaccine or already had the virus.
So it may be a rosy picture one is trying to paint to assume that once everyone that wants to be vaccinated will be able to, and then we can stop wearing masks. That's not what I'm hearing from the purveyors of public opinion like Fauci.
If some businesses want to ditch the mask policy after most are vaccinated that is their call, but I doubt public opinion will be on their side with that decision, merely because dissenting opinions will be quashed, while an onslaught of pro mask
people will be at the megaphone.
One other thing though about the current issue with some people not wanting to be vaccinated. The months leading up to the announcement of the new vaccines. The Trump Administration had daily briefings that described in detail what was happening with the Warp Speed vaccine program and about everything that is being implemented and the protocols. They had various people from different industries explain in the briefings what was happening. At some point the Democratic "News" outlets decided not to publicly air them anymore.( Maybe they were worried the briefings would help him politically leading up to the election)And it was a big disservice to people who don't watch Fox News or Newsmax because they weren't privy to information that may put them more at ease about taking the vaccine. Instead they were told that the vaccine would not be ready any time soon.
So that was a lost opportunity by "news" operations to keep their viewers accurately informed.